Sim tickets

Since the remoddeling of the game a while back, it has become much easier to obtain sim tickets. This was done to decrease the amount of time players had to spend in the game. Though it seems nice in general, the balance has shifted too much. I don't play any battles anymore and the amount of sim tickets I own increases daily. I already own thousands of these sim tickets. Would be nice of we could exchange these tickets for energy or money or something.

Replies

• Options
    Shhhhh, they'll hear you...
  • Options
    Frenkie wrote: »
    Since the remoddeling of the game a while back, it has become much easier to obtain sim tickets. This was done to decrease the amount of time players had to spend in the game. Though it seems nice in general, the balance has shifted too much. I don't play any battles anymore and the amount of sim tickets I own increases daily. I already own thousands of these sim tickets. Would be nice of we could exchange these tickets for energy or money or something.

This will never happen, and it shouldn't. My guess is it was too difficult to remove the SIM functionality from the game, so instead they are just giving everyone 150 tickets a day as soon as you're able to participate in the Ships Arena, making that function of the game moot. The game has shifted to a focus on TW, TB, and Raids, so they did the right thing and essentially made SIM tickets worthless allowing the player base to no longer think about where to farm (hard versus regular) based off this resource.
  • Options
    Sim tickets are meaningless in the "end game". I just started an alt account, and can't get enough of them.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    End game?

I've been playing for one year, I'm nowhere near end game, and it's been probably six months at least (maybe longer) since sim tickets were a problem for me. They're meaningless for all but new players.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    I believe they said sim tickets were too deeply ingrained in the code to truly get rid of, so they just went with abundance to make them irrelevant.

That said, if you sim, you can't call an ally for double ally tokens, if you're into squeezing maximum gain out, and that can be nice.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    Speaking as a new player only several days old and approaching level 40. Sim tickets are definitely an issue for new players. I do enjoy the battles when they matter. However, sitting here watching my team demolish enemies of insignificant magnitude because I'm not willing to spend real money to buy crystals to get more Sim tickets feels like an unfair punishment. It is a deterrent for new players who feel pidgeon-holed into buying Sim tickets to use the plethora of energy you gain when leveling up. I'm all for dropping a few dollars to get character tokens and gear but cannot justify my hard earned cash for purely sim tickets. So I am stuck watching 4x speed demolitions of the same content over and over again and it's starting to just feel like a waste of time.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love the game. I was addicted to Dungeon Boss a few years back and this is a very similar system but with characters from an all-time favorite universe I love. I just wanted to express the new player sim ticket situation as it seems to me to be a required feature that is treated as an optional one.

If the development team has come out and said Sim tickets should be baseline and it was too difficult to remove them completely. Then I would have to question the competency of the team. The game is built with a vision in mind and anything coded can be un-coded so giving up is not a real solution. Especially on a feature, you don't want. If what the end gamers say is true that they are not relevant after a certain point, then it is in the games best interest to remove those ever-growing ticket counts from the server's databases. It becomes multiplicative as more players join the game and certainly something the database gurus over at EA would like to trim out if they could.

Just my 2 cents

A Veteran RPG Gamer who never stops looking for ways to improve his gaming experience and well as those of others.

Check Out My Gaming Channel on Minds where you will find my
    Rants, Ravings, Tips, Tricks & Brainstorms of a Veteran RPG Gamer.
    https://minds.com/PapaSolDragon
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    @PapaSolDragon seriously dont worry, literally 1 day after you hit level 62 you will never think of them again.

the issue is not the ability to make changes like that it is a time vs benefit and they probably determined that adding them to fleet rewards (+150 a day) like they did was a quicker and easier (cheaper) solution than to remove it completely
  • Options
    Did that guy actually say "ally tokens?" ROFL I haven't hit that more than once in a day since way before I was still buying sim tickets in the shop.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    @PapaSolDragon seriously dont worry, literally 1 day after you hit level 62 you will never think of them again.

the issue is not the ability to make changes like that it is a time vs benefit and they probably determined that adding them to fleet rewards (+150 a day) like they did was a quicker and easier (cheaper) solution than to remove it completely

I believe you, but that's a long trek as I'm just now hitting 45 several days later. If sims are a necessary part of the game and were rendered inconsequential later on in the game, I can't see why they wouldn't give us leveling characters some love as well. The only motive I can see is a money grab. There is even an item in the crystal shop 30 crystals for 20 tickets, not even a 1:1 ratio, and if you run out of energy you can get 20 tickets along with bonus energy to keep you going. I fell for buying it a few times in the crystal shop before I realized I was getting ripped off.

I wouldn't mind the 4x speed runs (especially since you get double points for using a friend's character) if the missions would remember if I clicked autoplay on them before and if there was an easy "replay" button on the "continue" page when the mission finishes that jumps right back into running it again. The fewer screens I have to wade through to repeat a speed run, the better, especially for those of us that are on the minimum system specs end of the spectrum. Loading screen after screen can be cumbersome to downright unplayable for some.

I'm not purposefully critical of devs as I know they have issues that I can't comprehend without knowing their code base. I'm just always thinking how things could be better and like to interject my thoughts on the topic whenever possible as I'm constantly coming up with new ideas that seem common sense to myself.

The game is still fantastic!!! I've only scratched ship battles via training, but that looks to be a whole new world of fun as well.

--
    A Veteran RPG Gamer who never stops looking for ways to improve his gaming experience and well as those of others.

Check Out My Gaming Channel on Minds where you will find my
    Rants, Ravings, Tips, Tricks & Brainstorms of a Veteran RPG Gamer.
    https://minds.com/PapaSolDragon