Thank You for the Fleet Changes

2Next

Replies

• CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I usually do not find TVF's comments particularly helpful a majority of the time, but seriously
    What on earth are you talking about OP?
    You've claimed they reduced the RNG aspect of ships (which I would LOVE), but how are you coming to this conclusion?
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Options
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    I usually do not find TVF's comments particularly helpful a majority of the time, but seriously

I believe that it may be possible that the devs may make unannounced adjustments to the game to avoid the inevitable backlash that occurs of every announced adjustment.t That's not too far fetched is it?
  • Options
    According to the OP his target lock and dodge are working much better than before. Possible behind the scenes improvement? Who knows? Data must be collected before you can comment on it though lol
  • Options

I believe that it may be possible that the devs may make unannounced adjustments to the game to avoid the inevitable backlash that occurs of every announced adjustment.t That's not too far fetched is it?

Announcing a reduction in the RNG aspect of ships would make everyone happy. RNG is the worst part about this game.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

First off, you're not the OP. Secondly, that's a complete strawman - of course that's not far fetched - but in this case it makes no sense (why would any players be upset with more consistent and predictable results?) and there is nothing whatsoever to back up the claim that such a thing ever happened in regards to fleet battles.

I was mistaken. There is a troll in this thread. But it's not TVF. Lol.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options

Announcing a reduction in the RNG aspect of ships would make everyone happy. RNG is the worst part about this game.

I agree that RNG is pretty bad in this game. Regarding them not announcing an improvement...I really wouldn't blame them if they didn't. Even though a lot would be happy about there would still be backlash from some. I'm sure they have had thier fair share of that lately.
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

First off, you're not the OP. Secondly, that's a complete strawman - of course that's not far fetched - but in this case it makes no sense (why would any players be upset with more consistent and predictable results?) and there is nothing whatsoever to back up the claim that such a thing ever happened in regards to fleet battles.

I was mistaken. There is a troll in this thread. But it's not TVF. Lol.
    According to the OP his target lock and dodge are working much better than before. Possible behind the scenes improvement? Who knows? Data must be collected before you can comment on it though lol

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options

No, the burden of proof is on the person asserting and pronouncing that there has been a change - not on those who have asked him to provide proof for his claim. Your logic can't actually be that backwards, can it?
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options
    I just noticed that some of the recent "rng" based fleet mechanic changes (landing target lock and dodge) have been rolled back. I think this goes a long way to help make ships more consistent and the game more enjoyable.

Notes for the dissenters:
    • I don’t have enough data to quantify these changes, but they are certainly there and I've run enough battles today with enough individual actions to notice the change.

When the OP himself admits that he doesn’t have enough data...
    @InsaneTigerCrane
  • Options
    I understand that it can't be "proven" without recorded data.
    Huatimus wrote: »
    I just noticed that some of the recent "rng" based fleet mechanic changes (landing target lock and dodge) have been rolled back. I think this goes a long way to help make ships more consistent and the game more enjoyable.

• I don’t have enough data to quantify these changes, but they are certainly there and I've run enough battles today with enough individual actions to notice the change.

@InsaneTigerCrane

I didn't ask for proof.... I just agreed that there could have been a change. Others asked for the proof.
  • InsaneTigerCrane
    163 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options

No, the burden of proof is on the person asserting and pronouncing that there has been a change - not on those who have asked him to provide proof for his claim. Your logic can't actually be that backwards, can it?

@InsaneTigerCrane

Where is the logic in asking for proof when it was originally stated that there is not enough data gathered to prove it?
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

@InsaneTigerCrane

Where is the logic in asking for proof when it was originally stated that there is not enough data gathered to prove it?

Lol. I'm done here. Now you're just trolling and trying to defend an indefensible position. Whatever. The entire point is that the initial post is a fallacy - and you keep defending it.

• Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    every time I see TVF post...he has a good point. lol op. c'mon, son
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    TVF should be banned. He/she/it ruins most threads on here...

@TVF is correct. The original poster is wrong.

Nothing was changed regarding target locking and dodging. Yes, the position of the ships on screen was changed to make manual targetting easier and prevent small ships from being hidden behind larger ships — but that's it. If you or the OP has solid information of otherwise, I suggest you present it instead of going bananas on the poster, who is actually correct. You, @InsaneTigerCrane are derailing this thread. Stop being silly. You bring no value what so ever to the discussion of the topic. None!
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options

Data must be collected before you can even make such a claim in the first place.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options

I agree that RNG is pretty bad in this game. Regarding them not announcing an improvement...I really wouldn't blame them if they didn't. Even though a lot would be happy about there would still be backlash from some. I'm sure they have had thier fair share of that lately.

Neither you nor the OP presented any evidence of an unannounced change to RNG in fleet matches. None! What you would wish for is irrelevant. That's off topic. The topic is an undocumented claim that changes were made.
  • Options

That makes zero sense. You dont need a clean sheet to win a PR Game. If say 100 players were loosing interest becuase of sith raid, and 30players would quit die to a fleet RNG change, CG would absolutely announce a fleet RNG change.