Critical Chance mod challenge is hard!

How hard is this challenge or maybe I had really bad RNG?

My characters are:

Lando 6* G8 5/6
Boba 7* G9
Clone Wars Chewie 5* G7
Captain Han 5* G7
St Han 7* G9

Coincidentally I've just 3 starred the credit heist with relative ease.

I beat the challenge but only with 1 star, it was a 1v1 with Lando at the end.

I did use mods but didn't bother switching into my arena ones in which are probably about +80 speed each.

Am I doing something wrong ? Bad rng? Do I need to gear them up more ?

I want to avoid gearing chewie - have 5* Raid Han but no gear no levels as unlocked him recently if that helps.

Thanks!

Replies

• CoastalJames
    2971 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    You should be fine mate.

But don't worry too much - I'm not sure anyone really bothers much with Mod Challenges. I'd kind of forgot they existed.

Remember - speed secondaries are all important, not so much the primary. And the best mods, I don't think, are found in those challenges.
  • CamaroAMF
    1282 posts Member
    Options
    You should be fine mate.

But don't worry too much - I'm not sure anyone really bothers much with Mod Challenges. I'd kind of forgot they existed.

Remember - speed secondaries are all important, not so much the primary. And the best mods, I don't think, are found in those challenges.

You don’t farm mods? Just buy from store?
  • Options
    CamaroAMF wrote: »

These days I can never find the cantina energy to farm mods often. I dedicate 3-7 days of the month to mod farming and then switch to cantina farms. There's just too many big cantina farms to be spending on mods IMO.
  • Options
    You should be fine mate.

Just seem to pick them up I guess. I've bought a few. I think mod-farming is a stage of the game that you pass pretty quickly.
  • CamaroAMF
    1282 posts Member
    Options
    ShmurdaTK wrote: »

These days I can never find the cantina energy to farm mods often. I dedicate 3-7 days of the month to mod farming and then switch to cantina farms. There's just too many big cantina farms to be spending on mods IMO.

I think you’re doing it right. I know some folks farm toons during the week and mods on weekends. Fortunately I don’t have to switch back and forth except when they drop new toons on Cantina nodes. I’ll farm FOE and then switch back to mods. I just wasn’t understanding how someone could completely ignore mod challenges. I don’t have the credits to just get mods from the store.
  • Options
    You should be fine mate.

Just seem to pick them up I guess. I've bought a few. I think mod-farming is a stage of the game that you pass pretty quickly.

I've tried this and wasted millions of credits because they never upgrade!

I read last night that its better to buy purple or blue mods, I always get screwed on golds, to be honest I'm too scared to buy any more now.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    You should be fine mate.

I don't understand this at all. You must have a ton of +20 speed mods or something.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • CamaroAMF
    1282 posts Member
    Options
    You should be fine mate.

I don’t see mod farming being a part of the game that one ever passes. Mods are too important and my best have almost all come from challenges.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    The 4th word of the title aint "cake walk". Just sayin'. ;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Nor are the fourth and fifth words. :p
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Nor are the fourth and fifth words. :p

Not all us learned to talk good. ;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    You should be fine mate.

I don’t see mod farming being a part of the game that one ever passes. Mods are too important and my best have almost all come from challenges.

Wise words- thank you. Maybe I should do more- thanks.
  • Options
    I try to dedicate a few days every two weeks to farming mods. The only mods I'm not going to wind up selling, most likely, are Golds with a speed secondary of 4 or 5, or any 5* arrow speed mod.

There are some great mod guides around. Before I understood how they work I wasted a ton of credits.
  • Options
    from what i have ready until you can do the speed mod challenges i'd do the rest once as your able for the achievements and leave them there and stick with health challenge 3 the set bonuses often don't matter enough (depending on where you are in the game of course) to make it worth the extra energy that the other ones require (or if they are all 16 cantina energy you can ignore this part and pick what you like best)