Ships help

Would someone take a look at my ships and suggest some improvements?

I've been doing really well with rank payouts but unfortunately didn't bother farming for Chimaera and didn't realise how OP he was now that most of the top 20 in my shard have unlocked him.

This is my current line up:

https://swgoh.gg/u/adapting/ships/

Tie Advanced, FOTP, Tie Fighter, Slave, Biggs – Tarkin 6*

Reinforcements: Scimitar, SunFac, Ghost (although I never use Ghost, he’s just there to boost my GP)

I also have 6* Tie Silencer, 3* Tie Reaper

Is there anything more I can do besides upgrading my Pilots gear they are mostly G9/G10 now

Replies

• SeanutB
    482 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    A stronger REAPER would help. Can take Slave's place. I just use the normal Empire + first order tie + biggs with Chimaera. The Chimaera is so good it's crazy.
  • Options
    SeanutB wrote: »
    A stronger REAPER would help. Can take Slave's place. I just use the normal Empire + first order tie + biggs with Chimaera. The Chimaera is so good it's crazy.

So you're saying get Reaper, Shore and Death Trooper to 5* then replace Slave?

Don't mind farming the first 2 but DT is annoying. I'm only lvl 84 so still have BB8, Finn and the Vets to get... grr
  • Options
    The current meta is TIE Advanced (easy target locking as well as dispelling), FOTF (inarguably the best damage dealer of all ships, plus hitting target locked enemies makes him faster), Biggs (best tank, impossible to replace as main tank) TIE Fighter (dodgy damage dealer that speeds up fleet but is weak against Vader) and Reaper (specifically due to its tmr for capital ships) when it comes to reinforcements there are some that guaranteed fit the bill such as Scimitar, i have my doubts about Slave 1 it does have good HP but it lacks defenses, it soaks up damage like a sponge, TIE Silencer is a very good damage dealer that can stun and it can change the tide but it has one glaring weakness, the Advantage needed for his special, i would suggest getting Gauntlet thanks to its Empire synergy, with the Solo movie coming out we just might see a new imperial fighter coming along, there are also rumors about a potential TIE Defender which will guaranteed be a tank, the best ships are Empire for a reason so getting Gauntlet will just make it stronger, every faction has that one synergy ship and for the Empire its Gauntlet so its a good idea to consider it, as for other ships its a bit difficult, Falcon is a glass cannon, hits like a truck but dies instantly if targeted, Wedge wouldnt be that great, some say Shuttle is good but im not entirely sure on that, for some reason i cant find anything on the FOSF Fighter, it has good abilities but i have no idea how it performs in combat.
  • SeanutB
    482 posts Member
    Options
    Empiric1 wrote: »
    SeanutB wrote: »

So you're saying get Reaper, Shore and Death Trooper to 5* then replace Slave?

Don't mind farming the first 2 but DT is annoying. I'm only lvl 84 so still have BB8, Finn and the Vets to get... grr

Yeah it's a lot to farm sadly. But the Reaper is very useful, you see it in the top ranks. Because it reduces the turn meter of enemy capital ships when you destroy an enemy ship. Can also remove buffs from 1 ship.