If this is how Mythic Events are...

Nurgle
252 posts Member
edited April 2018
... I don‘t want them. It‘s a waste of time.

At least resistance could come back from that onslaught. Empire cannot. They just keep healing the enemy with attacks instead of damaging them.

@CG: why do you take something the players want and turn it into something really bad and unfun?
I‘M PICKLE RICK!

Replies

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    probably because players who want to be challenged like this event. I know i like it, so i assume others do aswell.
    There are enough events ingame that can be completed by simply pressing auto, where's the fun in that?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Nurgle
    252 posts Member
    Options
    For the first 12 to 15 attacks the game forces me into auto mode. And I have to start the game about 10 to 15 times and watch playing the game for about 20 seconds in auto wether to see if this time I get to play with 5 toons and if not with what team I am allowed to play.

Playing stuff on auto is A LOT MORE fun.
    I‘M PICKLE RICK!
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Nurgle wrote: »
    For the first 12 to 15 attacks the game forces me into auto mode. And I have to start the game about 10 to 15 times and watch playing the game for about 20 seconds in auto wether to see if this time I get to play with 5 toons and if not with what team I am allowed to play.

So you don't like it when you're forced to watch without being able to make a move, but you prefer not being able to make a move at all and just play on auto? smdh
    It's arguments like that that make me wonder if people actually enjoy the game at all or are just addicted to progressing their account.
    I do however agree that watching the opening salvo is kinda annoying.
  • Options
    İ think it is hardly possible to beat anything at all using resistance team on auto. Just saying.
    The balance? Never heard of that.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    xtended2l wrote: »
    İ think it is hardly possible to beat anything at all using resistance team on auto. Just saying.

That hasn't been my experience. Easy win on auto. As a matter of fact, i believe they changed the requirements of that one event to jedi (and ewoks+ugnaught) instead of resistance. They gave a different reason, but it's probably because the event was too easy when using resistance. I'm looking forward to that event now aswell, should be a fun challenge, hopefully my jedi are good enough !
  • xtended2l
    85 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    leef wrote: »
    That hasn't been my experience. Easy win on auto. As a matter of fact, i believe they changed the requirements of that one event to jedi (and ewoks+ugnaught) instead of resistance. They gave a different reason, but it's probably because the event was too easy when using resistance. I'm looking forward to that event now aswell, should be a fun challenge, hopefully my jedi are good enough !

I dont argue about the fact that the fight was easy with resistance. Tbh, you can win any team in the game using resistance. They suck on defense, but that's another story. But win on auto? When AI doesn't use Finn's lead properly? Sounds weird.
    Anyway, I dont like this nerf too, and I was very disappointed by these news as well as many others. I think devs could created additional tier for very "challenge" lovers, not changing what worked perfectly. Lets wait until everyone obtained gold jedi/ewok teams. I think Coruscant Police will do the job then.
    Post edited by xtended2l on
    The balance? Never heard of that.
  • Shaunyvee
    916 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Challenge - something that can be strategised using tools/skills/abilities available to someone, in order to achieve a task.

This preloaded TM, 700000 speed RNG fest is nothing but.

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    dimi4a wrote: »
    CG have a very weird understanding of the word 'challenge' - challenge is something that is supposed to be difficult, but not impossible to overcome! With Tier 3 it is impossible when you can barely take a turn!

Many people have been beating it, so the impossible is not fitting.....
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Shaunyvee wrote: »
    Challenge - something that can be strategised using tools/skills/abilities available to someone, in order to achieve a task.

This preloaded TM, 700000 speed RNG fest is nothing but.

i respectfully, completely disagree with your assessment. Strategy matters quite a bit in this event.
    Ofcourse it can seem like the only way to win is with great RNG if you're not using the right toons, don't have them geared high enough, or if you're simply using the wrong strategy. (not you specifically, but in general)
  • Kiritoismyname
    845 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options

You might not like them but end game players do. I don't mind striving to achieve something. You shouldn't either.

Wut? Under a thrawn zeta lead, they can. Infact they start recovering almost immediately...

... I don‘t want them. It‘s a waste of time.

At least resistance could come back from that onslaught. Empire cannot. They just keep healing the enemy with attacks instead of damaging them.

@CG: why do you take something the players want and turn it into something really bad and unfun?

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    CG have a very weird understanding of the word 'challenge' - challenge is something that is supposed to be difficult, but not impossible to overcome! With Tier 3 it is impossible when you can barely take a turn!

Any tips on how to do that? My only 7*, full Zeta, full gear 12 Empire toons are Thrawn, Vader, EP, Veers, DT, TFP, Tarkin. Shore is 25/100 shards for 7*!

Without a tank I think it will be rough. Really good mods?
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Seems very unlikely.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Any tips on how to do that? My only 7*, full Zeta, full gear 12 Empire toons are Thrawn, Vader, EP, Veers, DT, TFP, Tarkin. Shore is 25/100 shards for 7*!

Without a tank I think it will be rough. Really good mods?

They already have the best possible mods!

Your best mods, that does not mean "the best" mods
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »

I beat it with zhrawn, zzep, Zader, GMT, and shore. I liked it except for the fact that I guess phx can ignore taunts now. I hate it when they change the mechanics. Like that ship fight where the enemy boba uses his bomb as his first move.

Well I don't have 7* Shore so that sucks!

Yea, shore is required. I don’t see a way without him

@Iy4oy4s
    Yey0Na9.jpg

It's really not that hard, and it's tuned for gear 12, these are FTP toons, get them ready in 3 months if you don't have them now.

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

TVF wrote: »
    Seems very unlikely.

It's a fact!
    @dimi4a
    Got curious, googled your name + swgoh, if found your swgoh profile you're doing it wrong. 155 speed thrawn, 151 speed vader, 152 speed palp, 149 speed DT. You want to get them way, and i mean WAY faster. Seeying as you're also using them in arena you're going to benefit from doing so a great deal.
  • Options

Yey0Na9.jpg use that and if you have to move mods around, you have the toons
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Seems very unlikely.

It's a fact!

giphy.gif

But really, your mods aren't even the averagest mods.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options

If your team didn't survive the initial blast, you're using the wrong team.