free, unranked, no reward, practice arena?

That's all I would want! A way to play continuously without having to pay (more) and not get ahead in the game.
--Nud Stark--

Replies

• Options
    no.
  • Options
    Pay that troll no mind. It's a good idea Ramifications. Would be neat to be able to practice when we are out of energy. Play out different scenarios and gauge our characters with no risk/reward.
  • Options
    I really wouldn't be too interested in something unless it helped we progress. Arena just to do arena, with no rewards doesn't sound enticing. However, that doesn't mean it isn't a good idea.
  • Options
    billbob19 wrote: »
    I really wouldn't be too interested in something unless it helped we progress. Arena just to do arena, with no rewards doesn't sound enticing. However, that doesn't mean it isn't a good idea.

That is partly the beauty of it having no reward. You don't HAVE to do it to keep up with others.
    --Nud Stark--
  • Options
    I was actually thinking about this today.

In my mind though, you could pick between any and all characters at 7* for both teams.
  • Options
    Yes
    --Nud Stark--
  • Options
    It would be a really great place to try out new team make ups... I'd like that.
  • Options
    The problem with making it a free way to play is that it's...free
    EA makes no money off it, and some people would only do the practice arena, and not benefit EA in any way
    This is especially true if you can make hypothetical battles
    Give yourself 7 star team, why bother playing(and paying) to earn it
  • Options
    The idea was brought up in the Heroes of Dragon Age forum as well. No dice.
    IGN: Malmsteen's Comet
  • Options
    I'd like if they did this with a true pvp arena. Let you offer a challenge to players who've had activity in the last 2 minutes. If they accept the challenge it puts you in a true pvp battle where there is no timer and you take turns.
  • Options
    Daishi wrote: »
    I'd like if they did this with a true pvp arena. Let you offer a challenge to players who've had activity in the last 2 minutes. If they accept the challenge it puts you in a true pvp battle where there is no timer and you take turns.

So, how would ranking go?
    It'd be a little hard to implement imo
    If you matchmake, then it could easily put you up against too hard opponents and you lose
    If it's choosing, people can leap frog eachother with letting a friend win
  • Options
    @Khorvog_Karbossa I think it actually makes people actually want to pay because they get excited about some new team combination they really like. Assuming it's implemented in the way @HavokTrigger suggests.
  • ewok
    149 posts Member
    Options
    Good idea, but I dont think the devs really care about player suggestions. Doubt any suggestion will happen.
  • Options
    Would really like to be able to practice with new team combos without risking ranks. Would love to play with weird teams to see if I could actually win against a pvp team. Ewoks, all tanks?