QoL: Auto-join option for raids and TW

This would make life so much easier! Just an on-off switch.

Replies

• Ladas
    26 posts Member
    Options
    Please no. Definitely no for TW.
  • Options
    Tw auto registration is a terrible idea. Its bad enough havig people make the conscious decision to sign up and do nothing without an automated method for this to happen
  • Options
    Tw auto registration is a terrible idea. Its bad enough havig people make the conscious decision to sign up and do nothing without an automated method for this to happen

Agreed no auto TW sign up but if there was and they didn't participate eg. set defence or attack they wouldn't get rewards anyway.
  • Jedi_of_Oz
    547 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Yep. Terrible idea.

If people are not interested in joining, they're likely even less to be interested in participating. They unnessecarily inflate your GP and cause you to be be matched up against stronger guilds with one man down.
    Post edited by Jedi_of_Oz on
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    The whole point for having a 'Join' in TW was so you cannot join at times. So please no. Raids would be cool.

Oh and a listing of who has not joined TW too.
  • Options
    No idea why auto-join hasn’t been implemented earlier for raids. If someone doesn’t participate in the raid, their daily tickets were still used to launch the raid.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    The whole point for having a 'Join' in TW was so you cannot join at times. So please no. Raids would be cool.

I don’t see why it would be a bad idea, everyone would have an on-off switch, just like in clash of clans. If you’re not available, just switch it off. And if that really poses a problem, let officers have an option to opt people in and out.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Bubbs wrote: »

I don’t see why it would be a bad idea, everyone would have an on-off switch, just like in clash of clans. If you’re not available, just switch it off. And if that really poses a problem, let officers have an option to opt people in and out.

If you're too busy to switch it off, it defeats the purpose. And officers should not be able to opt people in/out. I agree raids should just automatically sign ppl in, but TW is absolutely fine as is.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Since the idea was to make sure people could not participate when RL gets in the way, as stated above, the action should always be "to join", not to turn off the auto or have to leave. It's simple and easy that way.

Officers will never be given control over someone else's game play or possibility of rewards. They won't allow that, which is why you can ignore ingame instructions.
  • Options

Since the idea was to make sure people could not participate when RL gets in the way, as stated above, the action should always be "to join", not to turn off the auto or have to leave. It's simple and easy that way.

Officers will never be given control over someone else's game play or possibility of rewards. They won't allow that, which is why you can ignore ingame instructions.

I think it would be helpful to add a "JOIN" button to raids though. Posting a zero dmg score is annoying. I know it's nothing time intensive, but maybe for all "Heroic" content they can simply add a join button so you can post a zero without having to enter into combat.

I agree that there should not be an "auto-join" on any feature of the game. Both from a business standpoint and consumer standpoint. Guilds need to have active participants; players shouldn't be rewarded for taking no action. From a business standpoint, CG needs players coming into the game. Adding a join button to Heroic Raids addresses both of these concerns. A player has to take action and by entering the game they are likely to do other activities.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Rebel_yell wrote: »

I think it would be helpful to add a "JOIN" button to raids though. Posting a zero dmg score is annoying. I know it's nothing time intensive, but maybe for all "Heroic" content they can simply add a join button so you can post a zero without having to enter into combat.

I agree that there should not be an "auto-join" on any feature of the game. Both from a business standpoint and consumer standpoint. Guilds need to have active participants; players shouldn't be rewarded for taking no action. From a business standpoint, CG needs players coming into the game. Adding a join button to Heroic Raids addresses both of these concerns. A player has to take action and by entering the game they are likely to do other activities.

100%, raids should be auto join.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Rebel_yell wrote: »

100%, raids should be auto join.

This. It's like having to confirm I actually amm part of my guild almost every day.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*