Having 7* trouble

If I had planned for this event better I am sure I could have gotten my entire squad to G9, and I know my mods leave a lot to be desired. I don't have a good Resistance squad to help with getting speed mods, or Jawas for crit damage. Should I be able to beat the event with my squad?

https://swgoh.gg/u/ajffja/squads/33319/

Replies

• Options
    Hmm. Your speed is low, but on the plus side you've got the uniques maxed. A lot of people seem to think speed mods mean speed set specifically, but really it's about the stats on the mod. The 4 part speed set only gives a percent of base speed, which in most cases only adds up to 10-15 speed - less than the substat of one good mod and less than half of a 5* speed arrow.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Options
    I see. I should be going for the raw substat rather than the percentages game. I'm not sure I can actually improve my speed stats that much, but thanks for the advice.
  • Options
    Update: I have beaten T7. Thank you Trystan_Spyder for your helpful advice.

I have some notes for the tier that I think might be helpful:

1) Thrawn has 4 moves, and 2 of them require teammates.
    2) Thrawn hits like a Mack truck.
    3) The biggest problem with the Death Troopers is that they cast a debuff that prevents protection and health gain.
    4) The biggest problem with the Stormtrooper Commanders is that they heal.
    5) The biggest problem with the Stormtrooper is that he taunts.

Which leads to the order of operations that I used:
    1) Cleanse taunt
    2) Offense down Thrawn
    3) Kill Death Troopers
    4) Kill Stormtrooper Commanders
    5) Kill Thrawn
    6) Kill Stormtrooper

Stormtrooper is much weaker than Thrawn (even when Thrawn is debuffed Stormtrooper hits less hard), and when Thrawn is alone he has no one to swap turn meters with or cleanse of debuffs. It behooves the player to focus on Thrawn once the Stormtrooper Commanders are dead due to Thrawn's massive damage output. Yes, the taunt is annoying, but if you've done it right you will have all 5 of your Phoenix characters. Thrawn and the Stormtrooper make for a much less effective team without the Commanders or the Death Troopers.