Worst “RNG” battle ever?

gpeeee
126 posts Member
Anyone have one in mind? I’m just incredibly frustrated lately with Palp and his stuns and just now during our war I faced a Zpalp,Vader, Thrawn, Sith trooper and shoretrooper team. I went in with my G12/G11 sith team. My dooku got a hit on their Sith trooper, my Nihilus I tried a basic to remove the taunt but it missed then their Vader went, then their palp went and stunned all 5 then they went through a cycle, I got one more hit with dooku then their palp stunned all 5 AGAIN!! My team was higher power and geared better but could barely get a hit off. So ridiculous.

Replies

• Options
    Unless you're also using a palp Vader team, it's not as RNG heavy. They just have a better team
  • SeanutB
    482 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Hehe yeah that's the frustrating part of EP meta! Youtuber Ahnald just made a video about a squad you can try if you have the characters. Thrawn lead with Empire. Every resist or debuff that your units get and they'll get 20% tm. So when Vader force crushes, he feeds you TM
  • Options
    Home One 6* challenge. Rng nightmare.
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    Options
    Every fleet battle ever, lol.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options
    SeanutB wrote: »
    Hehe yeah that's the frustrating part of EP meta! Youtuber Ahnald just made a video about a squad you can try if you have the characters. Thrawn lead with Empire. Every resist or debuff that your units get and they'll get 20% tm. So when Vader force crushes, he feeds you TM

Hehe yeah, run that and drop like a rock overnight anyway as AI prioritise cleanse over other abilities and your cleanse feeds EP teams TM. Well at least it’s easier to climb? Shrugs.
  • jjkriv
    429 posts Member
    Options
    dad2my3 wrote: »

Fleet battles are way worse,Im seeing slower ships going 1st,FOTP always goes twice while yours never gets the bonus hit,something really needs to be done with ships already.
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    jjkriv wrote: »

Fleet battles are way worse,Im seeing slower ships going 1st,FOTP always goes twice while yours never gets the bonus hit,something really needs to be done with ships already.

Sounds to me like you just don't understand how or why ships go first, or how weighted odds work.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    gpeeee wrote: »
    Anyone have one in mind? I’m just incredibly frustrated lately with Palp and his stuns and just now during our war I faced a Zpalp,Vader, Thrawn, Sith trooper and shoretrooper team. I went in with my G12/G11 sith team. My dooku got a hit on their Sith trooper, my Nihilus I tried a basic to remove the taunt but it missed then their Vader went, then their palp went and stunned all 5 then they went through a cycle, I got one more hit with dooku then their palp stunned all 5 AGAIN!! My team was higher power and geared better but could barely get a hit off. So ridiculous.

He has a better team. You should not be using Dooku against a meta team like that. Also your Vader sounds slow because I dont see a force crush in the description. And under almost every circumstance I can think of, Nihilus should always drain force first. You were going against 2 pretaunts, a self taunt and an auto taunt there. You were going to have to kill a tank first anyway. So removing a taunt with Nihilus basic would have been futile.

Actually sounds like a really nasty team to face. Imma try it. ;)
  • jjkriv
    429 posts Member
    Options

Every1 runs the same setup on earlier shards-thrawn lead,Tie,FOtie,vader,reaper,biggs.Every1 has gold pilots on all these ships so every1s speed is gonna be the same except for the few pilots that are zeted.Ive seen it happen a few times were a non gold tie will go 1st over mine in the exact same setup,there is no ryme or reason too it except bad AI rng,I know how ships work.I rank anywhere from 20-60 a d the only way you are placing is to have all zetaed pilots or refresh 2,3xs a day bc EVERYTHING is the same.
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    Options
    Remember that there is a difference between G12 and G12 + three extra gear slots. If your TIE Pilot has those three slots filled, he will go first. If both teams have them filled, it’s a coin flip.
  • Options
    Actually I've had a bunch of people run Bistan instead of Vader in fleet makes for crazy RNG sometimes when the ai makes good choices it can be a really tough fight
  • Options
    My 89K Palpatine squad just got wiped out by a 60k Palpatine led squad in Arena. The power numbers are meaningless. I spent big bucks on this team, geared 11 and maxed mods but I ran out of money and can’t farm speed mods. Can’t get level 12 gear. It takes 5 weeks to zeta a character. I just fall farther and farther behind in arena, get less and less squad store credits and crystals. Same thing is happening in the alt account I built up using Warrior’s plan for getting into a better arena shard. Basically, if you are free to play, get used to losing. Frankly the game isn’t much fun unless you can progress. It is a slow slog, but An hour a day is all it is worth at this point, 11 months in, level 85 in my main and 70 in the alt account after 2 months. I spent four to six hours a say learning all I could and trying to use skill instead of money. That’s over. So, is this the worst arena experience? It is definitely a cautionary tale.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    IndiGenie wrote: »
    My 89K Palpatine squad just got wiped out by a 60k Palpatine led squad in Arena. The power numbers are meaningless. I spent big bucks on this team, geared 11 and maxed mods but I ran out of money and can’t farm speed mods. Can’t get level 12 gear. It takes 5 weeks to zeta a character. I just fall farther and farther behind in arena, get less and less squad store credits and crystals. Same thing is happening in the alt account I built up using Warrior’s plan for getting into a better arena shard. Basically, if you are free to play, get used to losing. Frankly the game isn’t much fun unless you can progress. It is a slow slog, but An hour a day is all it is worth at this point, 11 months in, level 85 in my main and 70 in the alt account after 2 months. I spent four to six hours a say learning all I could and trying to use skill instead of money. That’s over. So, is this the worst arena experience? It is definitely a cautionary tale.

I mean...I just can't. 4-6 hours a day. has an alt. 11 months. can't get g12. what on earth
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    Huatimus wrote: »
    SeanutB wrote: »

Hehe yeah, run that and drop like a rock overnight anyway as AI prioritise cleanse over other abilities and your cleanse feeds EP teams TM. Well at least it’s easier to climb? Shrugs.

Sub in your EzPz, vader team for the final fight to stay on defense.
  • gpeeee
    126 posts Member
    Options
    VonZant wrote: »
    gpeeee wrote: »

He has a better team. You should not be using Dooku against a meta team like that. Also your Vader sounds slow because I dont see a force crush in the description. And under almost every circumstance I can think of, Nihilus should always drain force first. You were going against 2 pretaunts, a self taunt and an auto taunt there. You were going to have to kill a tank first anyway. So removing a taunt with Nihilus basic would have been futile.

Actually sounds like a really nasty team to face. Imma try it. ;)

I only ran dooku because it was for TW and I saved my sith and had Empire on D. Thanks for all of the responses. Helps my frustration with all of those stuns. Ahnald agreed too, something is up with constant 4/5 or 5/5 stuns. Never used to be like that.
  • Options

Ive seen it happen a few times were a non gold tie will go 1st over mine in the exact same setup,there is no ryme or reason too it except bad AI rng.

Is the TFP ship one of the ones that some people who purchased packs got the gold/omega ship materials? That one level alone would boost the speed I would think.

My maxed & zetad FOTP usually goes first - but there are some teams that I notice their TFP goes first.

Possibly due to those that got the 'unobtainable' ability mats?
  • Options
    Huatimus wrote: »

Hi. I agree with you.
    I have tried Thrawn lead once. I always battle on auto(except against zombie team), AI Thrawn lead is very bad against zEP lead team.
    I hope AI Thrawn uses fracture first. Even in zEP team, fast Thrawn ruins tm order.

• Options
    My arena shardmates and myself have incredibly noticed a rise in RNG since EP/Vader became meta. My EP with a potency over 95% maybe stuns 1 or 2 of the opposing teams toons...while the AI controlled team always stuns 3 or more of mine making arena a total coin flip despite me beating the same team multiple times before. I'd like to add that when my EP does stun...it's always on a toon like the tank...which makes the battle stay in favor for the AI and EPs AOE stun..totally useless. I ended up just removing Vader from my team as well because his ability block doesn't land when I really needed it to.

I get it that all toons have a certain percentage of dodge/resist/etc...but since this Sith meta I have had to spend more crystals just to refresh arena before my payout ends. If I wouldn't know better I would think the reasoning behind all this is to make people use crystals..so they would buy more as well. Which in my case I've had to do.

It's got to the point that I'm about to remove my entire arena team and switch to Rex(L)/Wampa/MT/etc/etc because I'm tired of arena being a stupid coin flip everyday for just about every battle.

I've been through every meta since the Pie/Droid days....this EP/Vader meta is the most RNG oriented meta I have played yet.