Usage of EA Artwork?

Terpentin300
244 posts Member
edited April 2018
Hi there

I searched for some pictures in google and found this one:

a-video-games-millennium-falcon-cloud-city-star-wars-battlefront-bespin-215520.png

Can i use it as a guild recruitment picture here on this site or is it under copyright? I can't find any information, that this is copyright.

Furthermore you can download the picture of this site: https://uhdwallpapers4k.net/215520-video-games-millennium-falcon-cloud-city-star-wars-battlefront-bespin/

I know, that the orginal picture has the "Star Wars Battlefront Bespin" headline included.

So yea...can anyone help me with that?

Replies

• Options
    Can maybe a mod say something to this?
  • u20171206
    25 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    It is copyrighted. Even if it is an extraction or derivative of the original art. You can use it only if the original creator provides you usage license, and the license has to define what kind of usage can be done. Only time you don't need to get granted license to use of images or other content is in the frame work of "Fair Use". That typically falls into when you are referencing the topic, idea, design, art, movie, etc. Such as when you are having a discussion about it or referring to it within a article or a post. For example, when creating a guide for something, you'll need to reference images, text content, and maybe even movie script and that would fall under fair usage.

That is a beautiful pic though. :wink::smiley:

I believe if you were using an image of the SWGOH game (such as a screenshot) as reference for your guild, or to represent your guild then there maybe allowance of usage under Fair Use, but since that image is not SWGOH representation, then you would be using it for your own usage and outside of it's intended usage, and not referencing the original content.

Hope that helps. Of course my comments are not to be considered legal advice and opinion only.
    An Icon @ The Icons guild.
    http://TheIcons.whw1.com.