Raid han not getting first turn in TW

In war, went up against a squad of palp vader thrawn tarkin shore. Tarkin went before han got his pre shot. Am I missing something? Sure there is tm from previous battle, however han is supposed to get his stun off BEFORE any other turns. Just completely screwed the battle. Clearly WAI, like everything else.

Replies

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    I don't think it's exactly WAI, but it's working as designed. Han gets 100% turnmeter at the start of each battle to "shoot first", unfortunately when there are other toons also at 100% TM at the start of the battle, RNG will determine who goes first.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    leef wrote: »
    I don't think it's exactly WAI, but it's working as designed. Han gets 100% turnmeter at the start of each battle to "shoot first", unfortunately when there are other toons also at 100% TM at the start of the battle, RNG will determine who goes first.

What are the circumstances where Tarkin would also start with 100% TM in that squad? I don't see how that would happen.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Options
    The previous battle had multiple full turn meters, probably caused by a debuff expiring. Then one of the full tms is chosen randomly, then the battle ends. Everyone else with full tm gets to keep it.
  • Options
    What are the circumstances where Tarkin would also start with 100% TM in that squad? I don't see how that would happen.

Quite simple actually. Zeta Palpatine lead gives 5% TM for each debuff that expires. If, for example, many debuffs expire at one time, the entire team could be put at 100%. If Vader uses culling blade and finishes the last member of the original attacking team, the debuffs expelled could be enough to raise the entire team to 100%.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    leef wrote: »

You were not the first one to attack that team. Someone left him with full TM.
  • Options
    Ah sorry, I missed the part where OP mentioned a previous attack. Derp.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    In war, went up against a squad of palp vader thrawn tarkin shore. Tarkin went before han got his pre shot. Am I missing something? Sure there is tm from previous battle, however han is supposed to get his stun off BEFORE any other turns. Just completely screwed the battle. Clearly WAI, like everything else.

This statement is not true. His skill gives him 100% TM. RNG takes over for who goes first when 2 toons have 100% TM
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »

This statement is not true. His skill gives him 100% TM. RNG takes over for who goes first when 2 toons have 100% TM

According to the description of the ability, Han should take his bonus turn at the start of the encounter. If another toon goes first (in this case Tarkin) it's no longer the start of the encounter. The description doesn't state, that Han simply starts the encounter with full TM. It says, that he takes a turn. Having RNG decide which of two opposing Hans shoot first is ok. Having any other toons take their turn first conflicts with the description of the ability.
    Post edited by Waqui on
  • t0neg0d
    616 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Definitely change the ability name to:

Sometimes shoots first
    Or
    Now & then shoots first
    Or
    Might shoot first
    Or
    Could possibly shoot first
    Or
    100% TM but subject to RNG
    Or
    /shrug, we have no idea
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options
    That ability description is just flavourful text. It does not describe the actual mechanics. You and I and most everybody else that's a regular on these forums know exactly how the actual mechanics work.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Huatimus wrote: »
    That ability description is just flavourful text. It does not describe the actual mechanics. You and I and most everybody else that's a regular on these forums know exactly how the actual mechanics work.

Yes, we know how the mechanics work, but that's a completely different topic. The actual mechanics don't correspond to the description of the ability.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Waqui wrote: »
    Huatimus wrote: »

Yes, we know how the mechanics work, but that's a completely different topic. The actual mechanics don't correspond to the description of the ability.

that depends on how you define "at the start of each encounter".
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Waqui wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

According to the description of the ability, Han should take his bonus turn at the start of the encounter. If another toon goes first (in this case Tarkin) it's no longer the start of the encounter. The description doesn't state, that Han simply starts the encounter with full TM. It says, that he takes a turn. Having RNG decide which of two opposing Hans shoot first is ok. Having any other toons take their turn first conflicts with the description of the ability.

It doesn't say he takes his turn first. He gets a "bonus turn" at the start. A turn in this game is taken at 100% TM. He is given 100% TM at the start of the encounter, that is working as described. What happens from then on is the normal mechanisms of the game.