Help w Rex/wamp teams

Ace5
134 posts Member
I run a standard zpalp team in arena w Vader DN thrawn and ST/GK.

I’ve recently had problems on offense w Rex lead GK wampa raid Han teams. Seems even if my Vader goes first there’s a Rex cleanse and full team then they are off to the races. I’ve tried fracturing Rex wampa and GK and nothing works consistently. Anyone have any strategy advice?

Replies

• Ace5
    134 posts Member
    Options
    My Vader is 240 speed and other toons between 210-220 (except the tank of course) if that matters
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Try starting with Vader basic on rex/thrawn (if hes there) to get the ability block up. Opening with vader special almost guarantees the other team full tm.
  • Nokhai
    174 posts Member
    Options
    Do not use Vader's AoE.It will only feed Rex with TM and that's why he applies Tenacity Up instantly.Use his basic to ab block him instead.
  • Ace5
    134 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks kyno I’ll give that a shot. Most teams I face don’t have thrawn but a cls or MT
  • Ace5
    134 posts Member
    Options
    Who do I fracture w my thrawn? Wampa or gk?
  • Nokhai
    174 posts Member
    Options
    Ace5 wrote: »
    Who do I fracture w my thrawn? Wampa or gk?

I would go for Wampa.If you don't keep that furball in check you're in big trouble.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Try starting with Vader basic on rex/thrawn (if hes there) to get the ability block up. Opening with vader special almost guarantees the other team full tm.

If you open with ability block on Rex then Thrawn just cleanses it and gives Rex TM which = tenacity up. Do a basic attack on Thrawn and Rex gets tenacity up straight away anyway.
    Those Rex-lead, Wampa, GK etc teams are very problematic for Palp / Vader squads.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    Ive had to learn the hard way, but you should generally not open with force crush against Rex or Thrawn leads, or a sith team with Nihilus/Sion combo. Maybe better to sub someone else in for damage.

Has anyone tried Sith Assasin against Wampa? How much health does he have? Would make his protection irrelevant.
  • Ace5
    134 posts Member
    Options
    AlexanderG wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

If you open with ability block on Rex then Thrawn just cleanses it and gives Rex TM which = tenacity up. Do a basic attack on Thrawn and Rex gets tenacity up straight away anyway.
    Those Rex-lead, Wampa, GK etc teams are very problematic for Palp / Vader squads.

I just ran 5 test fights on Rex wampa w exactly that result, thrawn just cleansed Rex and a team of full TM, I lost them all. I don’t have assassin to sub in.

I’m wondering if there are other counters short of running your own Rex team. Wampa is still a problem though, he eats your whole team up if you fracture GK
  • Options
    I can't think of a counter. I tried Thrawn lead and same result. My tactics are now simple....avoidance!!!
  • Options
    Actually, Sion might help. He can dispel tenacity up and might give you a chance. He'd need to be fast and you'd need to dispel GK's taunt early on. Problem with that team is that Wampa is tearing you to pieces straight off the bat, so GK taunting is properly annoying.