Huge frustration about ability material zeta drop rates

Mesune
18 posts Member
Lately the drop rate of zeta materials in Ship Challenges is ultra low for most of the ppl. For my account the statistic is the following: last 4 days with ship ability materials in ship challenges - 8 tries- 0 zetas. Before that: 8 days or 16 tries- 4 zetas. Some ppl in my guild experience similar or even worse drops. At the same time other ppl are constantly obtaining 2-3 even 4 zetas per 2 tries.
For me personally this situation brings me such disappointment that I prefer these challenges to be excluded from the weekly schedule and the zetas to become obtainable only from Fleet Arena Store and events (TW, Endor Escalation, daily login etc.).
Sure, the replies are gonna be like: RNG issue, stop complaints and such. At the same time it is possible for CG to implement new ways of obtaining zetas, which are more oriented towards people activeness and the respective account galactic power strength, rather than luck.

Replies

• Options
    Coming over here, taking our zetas...

Speaking as someone who's struggling to hold top 50 in arena because everyone else got their zeta first, I'd be all up for more consistency in the zeta drop rate. However, farming everything in this game is about RNG, not just zetas. I don't see the impetus for CG to change it for them specifically and they've already taken measures to address zetas eg by including them in the calendar.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Revi
    573 posts Member
    Options
    They are the same as ever. I even noticed I have received more than I usually do this last week 7 out of a possible 12.

You speak new way to obtain Zetas...
    There are more ways than ever to get Zeta mats in the game now. TW TB etc... Zetas are being acquired faster than ever.
  • Options
    You and your guild are not most people. Or else, i could point out that my guild and me have reported no discrepancies and that most ppl are thus
  • Antares
    686 posts Member
    Options
    Revi wrote: »
    There are more ways than ever to get Zeta mats in the game now. TW TB etc... Zetas are being acquired faster than ever.

I agree here. But this is sort-of a necessity, because characters are nowadays mostly useless when you don't give them their zeta.

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Mesune wrote: »
    For me personally this situation brings me such disappointment that I prefer these challenges to be excluded from the weekly schedule and the zetas to become obtainable only from Fleet Arena Store and events (TW, Endor Escalation, daily login etc.).

o wow, i get that it's frustrating, but this is going above and beyond imo. It's a mindset issue, i just view the challenges as a bonus, great if i get one (or multiple), but "normal" if i don't get any. Similar to omega's from the squad challenges, great to get one, normal to get none.
    I must admit that when i go 0 for 8 i do notice it, so my "system" isn't guaranteed happyness, but 0 for 8 is still rather rare so most of the time i'm content.
    As for the others are getting more than i do aspect of it, it evens out in the long run.
    In conclusion; dealing with the frustration but getting more zeta's on a montly basis > less frustration but less zeta's
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    I enjoyed my 3 ZETAs from the wicket event today :)
  • Options
    It can definitely be frustrating! I try to have Leef's mindset as well. I primarily use fleet currency to purchase zetas and try to consider everything else as extra. But yes, I do admit it can be very annoying to go a week or more with no additional zetas from challenges. But when that happens I try to look back at the good zeta weeks as well as the zeta upgrades I have already made.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Revi wrote: »
    They are the same as ever. I even noticed I have received more than I usually do this last week 7 out of a possible 12.

This sums it up nicely.

Yep as leef said, it's not meant to be a primary farming location, just do it accept rewards and move on.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options
    I've got more zeta mats than I know what to do with them but not enough omegas. Decided to start buying GG with Fleet Currency instead.
  • Options
    Leef, that’s one positive approach. However it seems hard for me to apply it and I am sure it is hard for other ppl as well. So I would suggest CG make an evaluation how many zeta materials should be distributed via ship challenges and distribute them in a different way, less luck dependent.
    See the guy above? He is so lucky with zeta drops, that he is gonna buy omegas from fleet shop. Thats like.. ****?! We- the ppl that are not so lucky- we feel upset seeing bad drops time after time. I am already upset, knowing that in sunday and then in monday i will receive in total 0 or max 1 zeta. This constant bad luck is leading to frustration and for sure can make one abandon the game.

• Rebel_yell
    928 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Leef, that’s one positive approach. However it seems hard for me to apply it and I am sure it is hard for other ppl as well. So I would suggest CG make an evaluation how many zeta materials should be distributed via ship challenges and distribute them in a different way, less luck dependent.
    See the guy above? He is so lucky with zeta drops, that he is gonna buy omegas from fleet shop. Thats like.. ****?! We- the ppl that are not so lucky- we feel upset seeing bad drops time after time. I am already upset, knowing that in sunday and then in monday i will receive in total 0 or max 1 zeta. This constant bad luck is leading to frustration and for sure can make one abandon the game.

I don't think he got all of those zeta's from drops in the ship challenges. Most likely, he's in a high GP guild and can clear other events for zeta material + Ewok & MT events.

Tracking zeta drops over 8 instances is not enough of a sample size. I've had periods of low drops as well (though admittedly never 0-8)

I tracked it over 20 challenges / 40 attempts (still not enough of a sample size) and received 8 zetas (20%). Another person tracked theirs over 50 challenges / 100 attempts and registered 23 zetas. What does this tell us? programmed drop rate is probably somewhere between 20 - 25%.

Where I do commiserate with you is that we have no way of knowing what programmatic drops rates are because they've never been shared so we can never do QA as the player base. But rest assured that I've never tracked any drop rates over a healthy sample size (300 or so attempts) that did not move to the mean (calculated by players). You're in for a period of healthy drops!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Or he is bad at managing his omegas....
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    Huatimus wrote: »
    I've got more zeta mats than I know what to do with them but not enough omegas. Decided to start buying GG with Fleet Currency instead.

Um...you do know you can buy omegas with that currency right?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

Buying omegas with fleet bucks is terrible advice.
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options

Buying omegas with fleet bucks is terrible advice.

It's better advice than buying GG shards, which is apparently what he is doing.
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    And also, if you have the store mostly maxed out and you have too many zetas vs not enough omegas, it's actually good advice.
  • Options
    And also, if you have the store mostly maxed out and you have too many zetas vs not enough omegas, it's actually good advice.

Exactly. If you have all the characters you need and all the zetas you need... what else would you do with that currency? Buy omegas if that's where you're deficient.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options

Just to clarify, I don't track my zeta drops but I highly doubt that I've been so super lucky that I've gotten a lot from challenges. Most likely source I think so far has been winning TW for 3 zetas a pop.

@TVF thanks for the advice but I think I'd rather complete GG first before buying omega mats with Fleet Currency. He may eventually get a rework lol and seems a fair bit cheaper to buy via Fleet than Shard shop.
  • Options
    Mesune, I'll buy a beer, leave the zeta materials;)
  • Options
    I've been tracking my zeta drops for a pretty long time. My data isn't perfect (I'm human, couple drops/days are missing) but it's something.

sy5hf9.png
  • Mesune
    18 posts Member
    Options
    Again: this is unbearable! Last 6 days with zetas- 2 zetas total.

"You're in for a period of healthy drops!" said someone. Bullshiet.
  • dennishsnyder57
    478 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I got a zeta on all but one single sim this last week and twice I got 2 in one sim. Just a bad RNG run my friend. It happens. I had one run where I didn't get an Omega in the mat challenge in 40 plus tries.
  • Options
    Best if you just do your challenges, accept whatever outcome you get, and move on with life. If you get a zeta say hooray and accept your bonus, otherwise grieve for a couple seconds and let it go. No good can come from dwelling on it.

The challenge is not the primary zeta source, it is just a surprise bonus gift.
  • Options
    I've been tracking my zeta drops for a pretty long time. My data isn't perfect (I'm human, couple drops/days are missing) but it's something.

sy5hf9.png

I have so much respect for that spreadsheet.

50% drop rate on zetas is incredible.
  • Options
  • Options
    It's so weird, I get a zeta pretty much every time. I have a harder time with the drops in ship cash.
  • Options
    Well I’ve been back and forth a week now with EA. They are no help at all. I’m a 4mGP player and know the game.

I have went 48 challenges and have only received 2 zetas. There’s some **** going here IMO.