zAsajj as support in CLS team

g12 team of zCLS (IBAT), zR2 (NC), zHan, zThrawn (E&B), zAssaj (Rampage).

1st battle was against another CLS team, and their Han shot 1st (R2 stunned of course). Maybe the other R2 was so fast that stealth was up and therefore Asajj lost her speed bump. So I can see 1 weakness in this team composition. Are there others to watch for? It looks like I have to calculate Asajj speed + 75 (15 for each enemy not buffed) < R2 speed (in this case, otherwise look at fastest toon).

One way to keep her addtl speed is to use my Han on the other fastest toon (R2 in this case) for a quick stun, etc. Of course that stun may give enemy CLS TM.

Do I have this right? Any other key points?

TIA

Replies

• Options
    BTW, I'll add that I like Asajj's kit, i.e., dispel, as additional tool against Taunters. Other being Thrawn's Fracture. If I can keep Asajj in the battle longer then her offense will also increase per Rampage.
  • SeanutB
    482 posts Member
    Options
    I've seen that squad, wonder if we are in the same shard
  • Options
    I would use sion instead cause he has a very similar mass dispel aoe and he can taunt. Assaj's rampage is great when paired with weak zombie, talzin lead, or in raids where you can constantly kill the adds

It's not a useful unique in other setups. Her damage can only ramp up when they kill your characters or when you kill theirs. In the first scenario, you probably won't be able to come back and the second scenario you'll probably have the match in hand anyways

Basically, if you're trying to use her in arena without revivers, you're not using her right
  • Options
    totally see your point. I was toying around with the idea to use NS full squad but I think I'm a bit from an arena quality squad (top 200). I have considered gearing up Sion as his kit is quite good as well. Good suggestions.
  • SeanutB
    482 posts Member
    Options
    The one problem with Sion mass dispel is vs counter attackers, he can kill himself
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    SeanutB wrote: »
    The one problem with Sion mass dispel is vs counter attackers, he can kill himself

Yep I run CLS and zolo and I see so many Sions, DNs, Tarkins, TFPs....so tasty.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Wanted to add to this thread on my current experience with zCLS (IBAT), zR2 (NC), zHan, zThrawn (E&F), zAsajj (Rampage). It works. Asajj's dispel is usable 1-2 times in a battle and really helpful to remove buffs (Tenacity Up, Stealth, Taunt, Retribution, etc.) which then opens the enemy team to damage. Using her may not add synergy (faction-wise) but her kit does help in the battle. Prior to using her, I couldn't break top 100. Now when I have time, I can. It's definitely not a "Final" solution (such as adding Sion or other toons that are not easily farmable) but is a good off-beat option.

The comment about that by the time Rampage is up the battle is over, yes that is true. But that's just the gravy part and isn't the need. The dispel and stun on basic are what's important to controlling the battle (for me).
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Wanted to add to this thread on my current experience with zCLS (IBAT), zR2 (NC), zHan, zThrawn (E&F), zAsajj (Rampage). It works. Asajj's dispel is usable 1-2 times in a battle and really helpful to remove buffs (Tenacity Up, Stealth, Taunt, Retribution, etc.) which then opens the enemy team to damage. Using her may not add synergy (faction-wise) but her kit does help in the battle. Prior to using her, I couldn't break top 100. Now when I have time, I can. It's definitely not a "Final" solution (such as adding Sion or other toons that are not easily farmable) but is a good off-beat option.

Can I ask how old your shard is and how far you fall on defense? I'm April 2017 and ran CLS R2 Han Wiggs for the longest time, but recently I started falling into the 350-400 range. I took Wiggs out for Thrawn and Shoretrooper, and for about a week I was only falling to 200, but now I'm falling to 250-350 again. Wondering if this would be an option instead of Shore.
  • Options
    @TVF, hey good to see you again as I see your replies on threads that I post or reply on.

I'm in similar timeframe (late April '17). So my comp may work for you. I like Thrawn/ShT so it's good to hear your (not so good) review on that. Prior to running this squad, I was running zVader, zThrawn, zCLS, zR2, zHan. This kept me in top 200 but only once did I break top 100. The problem with that was the Ten Up/Chaze types of course. Thrawn helps to break that. Since putting Asajj in, I break that crap up even more per dispel/fracture (another tool). I think it's worth a try especially if Asajj is g12, maybe g11. The zeta is useful but may not be necessary on her as I'm not counting on her to finish the battle. Just need the basic stun and special dispel, not Rampage. I might fall out of top 200 but can come back fairly easily (much easier than with zVader).
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info. Yup I have G12 Asajj (and double zeta though as you said not that useful in this case).

I've been gearing GK like mad to replace Shore but General Carbanti is a hard row to hoe.
  • Options
    do you have GK at 5* then? I'm close so wondering how useful at 5* he might be. He has the tag as best tank in the game...
  • Options
    @TVF , why do you think ShT doesn't work for you? What is your current arena?
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    do you have GK at 5* then? I'm close so wondering how useful at 5* he might be. He has the tag as best tank in the game...

I have him at 6* and almost 7*, but only G9 so his protection is like 40k less than my G12 Shore. I needed 200 carbs just to get him to G9 and now I need another 150 to get him to G10. Ugh.

I believe the gear is much more important than the stars, IIRC based on other people's comments.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    @TVF , why do you think ShT doesn't work for you? What is your current arena?

Not really sure, but what do you mean by "what is your current arena?" Do you mean what types of teams do I face?

FWIW I've actually found it easier to climb with Wiggs, so I use them in the first four battles and then swap Thrawn and Shore in for the last. The Wiggs comps destroys all the EPs running around and also the NS that are still in place. I've found it much harder on offense with Thrawn and Shore.