Level Cap Increasing/Stat Improvement

2Next

Replies

• Calastar
    304 posts Member
    Options
    Gifafi wrote: »
    I have no idea why people post things they think might/should happen

So CG might see it and maybe take it into consideration to be added to the game. Just a thought.
    I make character kits! Ask me and I will try my best to make one for fun.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    Calastar wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »
    I have no idea why people post things they think might/should happen

So CG might see it and maybe take it into consideration to be added to the game. Just a thought.

lol gl!
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    To clarify if using percentages to increase them compounding mostly occurs otherwise it needs a set nonvariable increasing amount. Eg if starting at lvl 1 and going to level 2 required 100xp than 84 to 85 would require only 8400xp

No, 10% more than the last usually means 100 for level 1, 110 for level 2, 120 for level 3, 130 for level 4. This is not exponential growth and is represented by a line on a graph, not a curve.

Now if they said 10% more compounded, that would be 100 for level 1, 110 for level 2, 121 for level 3 and so on, and would indeed be an exponential gain.

However, that's not what they said, so I stand by my correction of their using of the term exponential when it was not actually exponential.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Woodroward wrote: »
    No, 10% more than the last usually means 100 for level 1, 110 for level 2, 120 for level 3, 130 for level 4. This is not exponential growth and is represented by a line on a graph, not a curve.

No. No, you fail. At math and at English.

10% more than the last does not mean that at all.

10% more than the last means that 10% is referencing the previous level.

So. Let's say going from level 1 to level 2 takes 100 XP.

Now, going from level 2 to level 3 takes 10% more XP than the last level. The last level took 100 XP, so this one takes 10% more, or 110 XP.

Go from level 3 to 4 takes 10% more than THE LAST LEVEL. Which was going from 2 to 3. Which was 110. So going from level 3 to 4 takes 121 XP.

Andy even gave a table clarifying what they were talking about: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1580050/#Comment_1580050

It's exponential growth.
    Still not a he.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Woodroward wrote: »

No. No, you fail. At math and at English.

10% more than the last does not mean that at all.

10% more than the last means that 10% is referencing the previous level.

So. Let's say going from level 1 to level 2 takes 100 XP.

Now, going from level 2 to level 3 takes 10% more XP than the last level. The last level took 100 XP, so this one takes 10% more, or 110 XP.

Go from level 3 to 4 takes 10% more than THE LAST LEVEL. Which was going from 2 to 3. Which was 110. So going from level 3 to 4 takes 121 XP.

Andy even gave a table clarifying what they were talking about: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1580050/#Comment_1580050

It's exponential growth.

10% more than the last is a phrase for how much of an increase there is, not a reset of what 100% is. It means each level increases by the same amount of needed xp, and could be done with addition instead of multiplication. That is why the term compounded exists.

If it seems differently to you, then I'm sorry, but that's not what the common usage is, nor the technical one.

EDIT: you're right. He did show math that was exponential. I was simply going off of what he described with his words, and 10% more than the last is not exponential unless it says compounded too.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    Options
    To be really mathematically feasible, the compounding must also be given as a rate. Like interest in a bank could be compounded monthly, quarterly, or annually depending on the type of account you have.

Luckily we can simplify the terminology on this topic since the rate is every level. But, speaking about terminology here, without the term compounded or some word like resetting, one should assume that the 100% remains static.

Just adding "than the last" to "10% more" doesn't change it's meaning. It's just telling us what it's 10% more than, not what represents 100%.