Imperial trooper tag added to Gar Saxton, Imperial super commando and TIE piolet

Zeeb05
121 posts Member
I mean, how does Gar Saxton and "Imperial Super Commando" not classify as imperial trooper? And TIE piolet..I mean, he litetally IS an Imperial trooper. I just feel like if you're a Sith, you should get a Sith tag and so on.. what do you think?

Imperial trooper tag added to Gar Saxton, Imperial super commando and TIE piolet 32 votes

Yes, give them the Imperial Trooper tag
34%
SarcodinoZeeb05Zombie961DarthBrisketNamet0neg0ddimi4aJammaxFocalausLester822BlackoutSquad12 11 votes
No, they aren't Imperial Troopers
65%
ZtylePiffGuruLevlleefRpaulsen310NikeNoodleOberon_CaladProximaB1_MastersRisingswgohfan29WoodrowardIceih_SWGFunderboltsWitnessedJarlSalatious_ScrumDoc1974JericDaxtercelebiShmurdaTKYaeVizsla 21 votes

Replies

• TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    How is TIE pilot literally a trooper? He's literally not a trooper (at least as defined in SW), he's a pilot.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    I wasn't aware the United States exists in Star Wars.

"At least as defined in Star Wars."
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    Zeeb05 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    How is TIE pilot literally a trooper? He's literally not a trooper (at least as defined in SW), he's a pilot.

Oh my.. my guy, a look up definifion of a trooper

Oh my.. my guy, read my entire post.
  • Options
    Pilots are not troopers in the Star Wars universe, as for the Super Commando and Gar Saxon i believe the reason is they didnt go through the usual Trooper training the usual ones do, im guessing they just pledged themselves to the Empire and got a Empire tag, they didnt need Trooper training because they have their own fighting style.
  • Options
    I can tell you're just one of those dudes that's gonna argue with everything, despite not knowing a thing you're talking about. I use the example of the U S. Army for the military example. Doesn't matter if you're a piolet or ground troop. A troop is a troop. In this case, TIE piolet is a troop in the Empire...therefore, he's an Imperial Trooper. I know it's a hard concept to wrap you're head around.

Wow how could i possibly ignore the US Army in the Star Wars universe, how silly of me

Are you serious? Why are you dragging the US Army into this?! It would be like me dragging Penguins into Gungan culture or Super Mario into the Confederacy of Independent Systems
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    I like how he made a poll and then tells anyone who votes the other way that they're wrong.
  • Options
    I do not see why we are comparing this to the United States Army. In the Army, you’ve got 17 different branches. While Aviation is indeed a branch and therefore Blackhawk pilots are soldiers, the comparison still falls short. This is due to the fact that the Empire’s military is clearly divided between their ground forces and their space forces. Like ours is decided between the Army, Navy, Air Force, etc. So you’re not actually saying a Blackhawk Pilot is a soldier here, you’re saying an F-16 pilot is a soldier rather than an airman. Which is wrong.
  • Options
    @Daxtercelebi You alright man? You have a fever? I clearley posted why I brought the "U.S. Army" into it. I'll slow it down for yah. For.. the.. military.. example. All militaries are sructured the same, as they are structured the same in the SW universe as well. I'm understand you basment living nerds have a hard time grasping this concept. A wise man once said, "can't argue with the uninformed", So I'll leave it at that. You're cut off, sir. Have fun **** to you're pokemon anime

That escalated quickly.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    I like how he made a poll and then tells anyone who votes the other way that they're wrong.

You can vote however you want, you're reasoning is what's wrong. You're reasoning makes absolutey zero sense. I don't understand what the big argument is here. TIE piolet is a trooper in the Empire, meaning he's an Imperial trooper. I don't know what's so hard to understand about that. To say you don't think he should have the tag is one thing, that's your opinion. But to say that because he's a piolet that means he's not a trooper? Yeah that's just straight up wrong.

You have some serious issues you know that? Get help before you end up hurting yourself, its not healthy to be hostile to people who have different opinions than you, also how do you spell pilot wrong twice?
  • FailingCrab
    1155 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Screenshot_20180423-004325.png

Edit: screenshot not working, too much effort to fix. The gist: pilots don't fall under the dictionary definition of the word trooper.

So TFP is neither a trooper nor a piolet.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    I want a piolet tag in the game please.
  • Options
    Regardless of the dictionary definition of a trooper which is actually ambiguous except it's used a synonym for soldier.

Pilots and ground troops go through completely different training procedures at separate academies. So I would not think that TFP should get the trooper tag just like tarkin and royal guard shouldn't get it either although royal guard would be the most likely as they would have been picked from some of the most elite members of both academies.

As for supercommando and gar Saxon I don't fully know their story and don't care to read it but I could see that making sense. No vote because there is no partial agree option.
  • Options
    TFP isn’t a Trooper. If you were arguing for AT-ST driver (if we had him) to have a Trooper designation, I’d be on board. But saying that TFP is in the Imperial Military and therefore a Trooper is wrong. That same logic can be used to say EVERY Empire character should have an Imperial Trooper tag.
  • Options
    GS and ISC are not regular imperial troopers. They are mandolorian units working in concert with imperial units. They are allies of the empire, but have seperate and unique military branches. therefore, not troopers.

The US does not exsist in SW, and neither does its military. Therefore using it as a basis on comparison is useless.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    TFP isn’t a Trooper. If you were arguing for AT-ST driver (if we had him) to have a Trooper designation, I’d be on board. But saying that TFP is in the Imperial Military and therefore a Trooper is wrong. That same logic can be used to say EVERY Empire character should have an Imperial Trooper tag.

Even imperial probe droid? ^_^
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    According to canon,

"Trooper was a RANK held in various military forces, such as the clone troopers of the Grand Army of the Republic, the stormtroopers of the Galactic Empire, and the rebel troopers of the Rebel Alliance."

Gar Saxon was a commander of the Mandalorian Super Commandos.

"The Imperial Super Commandos were Mandalorian warriors loyal to the Galactic Empire"

They were commandos, defined as "a soldier specially trained to carry out raids."

A trooper is defined as "a private soldier in a cavalry, armored, or airborne unit."

The Mandalorian soldiers did consist of troopers, however I believe the commandos and Saxon can be classified as different. Commanders and commandos are specially trained and typically rank above troopers. Therefore, I don't believe Saxon and ISC should receive the trooper tag.

As for Tiepie? I can see where you're coming from, but I believe you're thinking too far into this. Similarly to my logic with the Mandalorians... Tie fighter pilots were specially trained in academies and ranked FAR above troopers. And, important to mention, if they weren't dubbed troopers, they aren't troopers. Keep in mind... This isn't our universe we're discussing.

TL;DR: The three characters were not considered troopers because trooper is a rank and the three obviously exceed the rank of trooper.
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Deleted. Reported the post instead.
    Post edited by TVF on
  • Options
    ShmurdaTK wrote: »
    TL;DR: The three characters were not considered troopers because trooper is a rank and the three obviously exceed the rank of trooper.

What about General Veers and Coronel Stark? Dont they exceed the rank of trooper as well??? And they have trooper tag in the game...
  • Options
    Sarcodino wrote: »
    ShmurdaTK wrote: »

What about General Veers and Coronel Stark? Dont they exceed the rank of trooper as well??? And they have trooper tag in the game...

Both Stark and Veers used to be troopers just because they were promoted doesnt mean they lose that training. That's why in my mind at least it makes sense to think of it from an academy and training perspective. It makes the most sense thematically and explains why they have that tag.
  • Options
    I definitely believe TFP is not a trooper for intents and purposes here (I can see transport pilots, I mean Shore and Death troopers are the reaper crew), as he's definitely a fighter pilot. While I understand the reasoning for not giving Gar and ISC the trooper tag from a lore standpoint, it really would make them a ton more appealing without having to tweak their stats at all. Gar lead would be pretty solid with some of those trooper bonuses.
  • Zombie961
    1819 posts Member
    Options
    I'd want them more for a gameplay thing instead of lore, like have one of the mandos give counter chance to help make Saxon more usable
  • Options
    You are wrong, they are not troopers. Get over it
  • Options
    I believe ONLY Imperial Super Commando is worth getting an Imperial Trooper tag, not the others..
  • Options
    Veers and Starck lead troopers so it makes sense for them to have an imperial trooper tag solely for the synergy purposes / leadership purposes.

Airbourne is not the same thing as a helicopter pilot. Airbourne refers to soldiers that parachuted into combat zones.

Mandalorians weren't part of the Empire regulars. A case could be made for imperial super commando, but not gar Saxon.