May calendar

2Next

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Madpup wrote: »
    They are making the calendar late so they could get around their promise of giving at least a one week heads up for old legendary events. R2 event comes in 4 days. Basically what I thought they would be doing when they announced how their scheduling would work. Continue to expect all events at the beging of every month for now on.

R2 has come around more than 2 times. This would make it a Legacy event, and therefore not have the 1 week notice, it will just be rotated and put on the schedule. as per the release cadence.

qi9p91wxpcyg.png

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/164741/dev-blog-character-release-and-event-cadence-3-30-2018#latest

just an FYI.
  • Options
    so why wasn't the r2 event on the april calendar? I got my rebels ready to get my 6 star palpatine to 7 so I could use him in the r2 event to get my 6 star r2 to 7; so that I could use my 7 star r2 to get cls..Now i am panic farming snowtrooper (not so easy) and hopefully I am not screwed for anothe 6 months as I wait for the stars to line up again... I understand if events change etc. and the calendar may get changes, but it should be omitting things on the calendar and not adding things like they just did with the r2 event. It defeats the whole purpose of giving notice in order to prepare for the event.

solution: for the events with the legendary characters, put out a post 2-4 weeks ahead of time; for everything else, the once a month calander at the beginning of the month is adequate. Maybe it is the point to always surprise everyone and give short notice,in which case, ok, I can deal with it, but it sure would be nice to have 2 weeks to speed farm a toon or too to get your 5 toons ready for the event...
  • Options
    so why wasn't the r2 event on the april calendar?

Because they are using the loophole of having the event start at the very beginning of the new month so that it goes on the May calendar and they get people to panic farm while still technically keeping their word about putting legendary events on the calendar.
  • Options
    that was also my thought...I guess the question was retorhical in a way, but I am a bit in denial and needed to hear it from someone else...lol I guess technically it starts in may, so it would be on the may calandar that may come out tomorrow--maybe...in which case I will chuckle because right after will be the palpatine event--exactly backwards from the normal cadence order; therefore making my planning from the last couple months incompatible=frustration. Frustrating players is not a good business model, especially since i have put some money into this game..
  • Ruark_Icefire
    856 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Agreed. Palp is overdue at this point since it has been 80 days for a event that is suppose to happen every other month and so they decide it is a good idea to drop R2D2 first just to **** off everyone that planning for Palp to show up first with him being overdue and all.
  • Options
    I get the frustration, I really do. I had expected Palp to come before R2 too, especially given we've had R2 twice already since the last Palp. I have several guildmates hurting. However:
    Agreed. Palp is overdue at this point since it has been 80 days for a event that is suppose to happen every other month and so they decide it is a good idea to drop R2D2 first just to **** off everyone that planning for Palp to show up first with him being overdue and all.

CG have always been clear that these events are not on a rigid schedule; there's no such thing as 'overdue' or 'supposed to'
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Ruark_Icefire
    856 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    CG have always been clear that these events are not on a rigid schedule; there's no such thing as 'overdue' or 'supposed to'

Except the Yoda and Palp events do have a schedule. The other events don't but those ones are both suppose to happen every other month.

It is suppose to be the second Thursday of every month but apparently relying on CG to follow their own schedule is too much.

DfOeVZC.png
  • Options
    so maybe we will get lucky and have r2 again before the next cls event?
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    Every CLS event has had a concurrent Daring Droid, IIRC.
    Still not a he.
  • TVF
    36702 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    deleted
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited April 2018
    Options

Because they are using the loophole of having the event start at the very beginning of the new month so that it goes on the May calendar and they get people to panic farm while still technically keeping their word about putting legendary events on the calendar.

Or people could take the advice that many have stated:

If an character is important to you, once you miss it the first time. Commit to being ready for that event ASAP.

They have given a clear definition of events and the information they will give us, but because they didn't give you "extra" heads up, it's a loophole, because you didn't get ready.

Any Legacy event could be run in any month, if they are important to you, you should be getting ready for it at the start of each month. It's ok if you dont get things the first time they dont come around, even the second. After that it's really your own job to prioritize things as you see fit. It's no one else's fault.
  • Options
    Archlord wrote: »
    Neo2551 wrote: »
    I wish they put a special sale of toons on May, the 4th: like the Sith for 10 bucks each...
    wouldn't it be nice, @CG_Leviathan , @CG_Carrie ? ;)

330 Traya Shards, gear to full g12, 41 omégas and 40 zetas for 10$ And I will buy.

No credits, training droids, Mk 1, 2, 3, or mods though

And you still wouldn't be able to use Traya until you beat Heroic Sith Raid Solo 10 times lol
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »

If an character is important to you, once you miss it the first time. Commit to being ready for that event ASAP.

They have given a clear definition of events and the information they will give us, but because they didn't give you "extra" heads up, it's a loophole, because you didn't get ready.

Any Legacy event could be run in any month, if they are important to you, you should be getting ready for it at the start of each month. It's ok if you dont get things the first time they dont come around, even the second. After that it's really your own job to prioritize things as you see fit. It's no one else's fault.

so whos fault is it that palp was supposed to be in march but never came? ours? XD

Except the Yoda and Palp events do have a schedule. The other events don't but those ones are both suppose to happen every other month.

It is suppose to be the second Thursday of every month but apparently relying on CG to follow their own schedule is too much.

DfOeVZC.png

When it happens is their fault, but not being ready for it would be yours. Those are two different things, though--folks are panicking over being ready for R2 and fretting about it not being on the calendar. But, at this point, whether it's on there or not isn't important--you know what you need. Go farm it so you'll be ready when it comes back.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options

Totally this.

You want a character, it's the games job to hinder your progress in getting this character. Hindering causes panic-farming and makes some people choose to spend money.

As @Kyno wisely said - if you want a character then commit to it 100%. Regardless of what's going on around you. Regardless of whether you think this event or that event is around the corner. Forget calendars and schedules and just farm. You may well miss an event this first time, possibly the second time...but you'll get it the third time if you're single-minded and put the work in.

• t0neg0d
    616 posts Member
    Options

Totally this.

You want a character, it's the games job to hinder your progress in getting this character. Hindering causes panic-farming and makes some people choose to spend money.

As @Kyno wisely said - if you want a character then commit to it 100%. Regardless of what's going on around you. Regardless of whether you think this event or that event is around the corner. Forget calendars and schedules and just farm. You may well miss an event this first time, possibly the second time...but you'll get it the third time if you're single-minded and put the work in.

While I agree with this... CG has yet to follow the laid out schedule for yoda & Palpatine since they sent out the announcement. One or the other event has been skipped for various reasons since that. How difficult is it to actually follow through w/ a simple schedule that THEY decided on & announced? Apparently, very difficult, or they would have, at a minimum, nailed it once. And when I say once, I'm only referring to 1 single yoda event, followed by 1 single Palpatine event in the order described.

So, sure people should farm according to what they want... but, when 1 event is dependant on another & a lack of follow through on CG's part is the reason for the miss, this logic doesn't apply.
  • TVF
    36702 posts Member
    Options
    Everything is subject to change, even things that were just announced. ;)
  • Options
    t0neg0d wrote: »
    CG has yet to follow the laid out schedule for yoda & Palpatine since they sent out the announcement. One or the other event has been skipped for various reasons since that. How difficult is it to actually follow through w/ a simple schedule that THEY decided on & announced? Apparently, very difficult, or they would have, at a minimum, nailed it once. And when I say once, I'm only referring to 1 single yoda event, followed by 1 single Palpatine event in the order described.

So, sure people should farm according to what they want... but, when 1 event is dependant on another & a lack of follow through on CG's part is the reason for the miss, this logic doesn't apply.

Whether you want to or don't want to follow calendars and schedules that you have a strong suspicion might be "wonky" is your choice. I've seen the evidence - they are not concrete enough to farm around.

I won't bother.

I won't be disappointed :smile:
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    t0neg0d wrote: »

Totally this.

While I agree with this... CG has yet to follow the laid out schedule for yoda & Palpatine since they sent out the announcement. One or the other event has been skipped for various reasons since that. How difficult is it to actually follow through w/ a simple schedule that THEY decided on & announced? Apparently, very difficult, or they would have, at a minimum, nailed it once. And when I say once, I'm only referring to 1 single yoda event, followed by 1 single Palpatine event in the order described.

In the cases when one depends on the other, R2>CLS or BB8>JTR they 100% have followed through (they made no statements as such so, not really follow through, just a good idea). R2 and palp have no relationship other than its helpful to have it in a specific order.

• TVF
    36702 posts Member
    Options
    Yep. People are acting like EP is required. He makes it easier, but you can do it without him.
  • Cyggy
    26 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Yep. People are acting like EP is required. He makes it easier, but you can do it without him.

My only issue is r2 has happened twice since last palp? Admittedly i went off of others advice saying palp would return before r2 and farmed kru as a new player to hit top 20 fleet and zeta challenge in time. Its just irksome that its happening this way. If TFP hits fleet and guild event ill be able to get r2 this time, but thats a big ask.
  • Options
    “Starting in March”

And then...they didn’t. XD
  • Options
    I am sure palp event will return on second thursday of may..aka 10th of may.
    If it doesnt pls flame them.
    Till then..try to get ready for r2. Like i am doing rn.
    The way i see it, its just a bonus unasked for event.
    I just dont want to see the next r2 event delayed though
  • Madpup
    279 posts Member
    Options
    Madpup wrote: »
    They are making the calendar late so they could get around their promise of giving at least a one week heads up for old legendary events. R2 event comes in 4 days. Basically what I thought they would be doing when they announced how their scheduling would work. Continue to expect all events at the beging of every month for now on.

R2 has come around more than 2 times. This would make it a Legacy event, and therefore not have the 1 week notice, it will just be rotated and put on the schedule. as per the release cadence.

qi9p91wxpcyg.png

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/164741/dev-blog-character-release-and-event-cadence-3-30-2018#latest

just an FYI.

Just an FYI thanks for proving my point. They don't want to give people a heads up, so they will be scheduling these old events at the beginning of the month as much as possible and posting calendars as late as possible.
  • Madpup
    279 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options

But you pretend like people only have to prioritize one thing at a time in this game. There are some many things in this game to work on between different characters, ships, and mods. Yes I proritize characters I need for events but it would also be nice to have an idea when some of this stuff will show up so I know if I can take a break from farming shards/gear for an event character and focus some of my time on a character for TW/TB/Ships/Raids. Everyone here is most likely working on multiple things at once and getting that 1/2 weeks heads up just helps us better plan and finish our teams in most instances, or let us know we will have to wait until next time around, letting us then focus on another area of the game, instead of having to panic to finish off those last few shards/gear levels.

You act like what people asking for this is rediculous when in fact it's the easiest thing for these developers to deliver. Posting a calander a week ahead of time, or just making a forum post saying, "Legendary Event will be on this date." An intern could do it it's so easy.
This discussion has been closed.