2Next

Replies

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    PeteSolo wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    I used to do 2-4 battles a day and I would comfortably maintain my rank. Nowadays I gotta always do all 5 and some times I'm forced to even refresh to get back to where I was.

[...]

I think this creates a messy situation that increases playing time significantly as well as making arena very volatile and stressful. Perhaps it's time to consider different payout methods as well as better defensive strategies that can allow you to actually win on defense.

Perhaps it is time for you to be gratefull you had an easy time for so long, that you got used to it and regard it as the norm rather than having a competitive arena.

Well that's just not true, you don't know how much effort I've put in my squads so far so your statement has no backing

You are right. I don't know how much effort, you put into your team. However, I do know that several of the teams, you complain about also require effort to be viable:

You complained about Titans team, a team with several legendary and hero characters, which also require a lot of zetas to work.

You complained about Palpatine teams. Palpatine is legendary (but yes, one of the easier ones to get), nihilus is a single hard node farm, Sion is still not farmable and hence requires quite an investment to promote to 5* or higher. With Thrawn as fifth, you have another legendary.

JTR teams contain the hardest to get hero/legendary toon as well as two legendary ones. Requires a lot of zetas to work.

So, many the new faces in the arena, you complained about actually DID do an effort to collect their yeam.

... but yes, NS teams require less effort to be viable.
  • Options
    I used to do 2-4 battles a day and I would comfortably maintain my rank. Nowadays I gotta always do all 5 and some times I'm forced to even refresh to get back to where I was.

[...]

I think this creates a messy situation that increases playing time significantly as well as making arena very volatile and stressful. Perhaps it's time to consider different payout methods as well as better defensive strategies that can allow you to actually win on defense.

Perhaps it is time for you to be gratefull you had an easy time for so long, that you got used to it and regard it as the norm rather than having a competitive arena.

Well that's just not true, you don't know how much effort I've put in my squads so far so your statement has no backing

You are right. I don't know how much effort, you put into your team. However, I do know that several of the teams, you complain about also require effort to be viable:

You complained about Titans team, a team with several legendary and hero characters, which also require a lot of zetas to work.

You complained about Palpatine teams. Palpatine is legendary (but yes, one of the easier ones to get), nihilus is a single hard node farm, Sion is still not farmable and hence requires quite an investment to promote to 5* or higher. With Thrawn as fifth, you have another legendary.

JTR teams contain the hardest to get hero/legendary toon as well as two legendary ones. Requires a lot of zetas to work.

So, many the new faces in the arena, you complained about actually DID do an effort to collect their yeam.

... but yes, NS teams require less effort to be viable.

Have you spent the resources farming mods at the expense of farming toons (i.e. GP score) with your cantina energy everyday for months in a row? Probably not, so your slower team shouldn't be able to compete against a team with significant speed advantage.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »
    The downside of "ballance" everyone seems to ignore when they want OP characters nerfed. With mods not adding that much of a competative advantage anymore and so many teams that are amazeballs on offence vs specific other teams that are also amazeballs on offence, there's not alot you can do to outperform your peers. Coincedentilly mods and OP characters are one of the most complained about subjects on this forum along with powercreep. When i read those complaints i always think that the ones complaining think that they would have done better ingame if it wasn't for OP characters, mods and powercreep, but removing those aspects would just result in more competition at the top, making it even harder to maintain a high rank.
    I can't wait for traya to make her appearce on the scene, that will shake up things a little atleast temporary. I've been saying this since like forever, balance is not something we should want ;)

Always thought same thing. Balance means more peeps coming out if the woodwork.