[Help] Returning after 2 years break

Here is what my account looks like https://swgoh.gg/u/aytiks/collection/

Should I reroll or is it worth trying to come back with this ?

Thanks for your help lads

Replies

• Options
    Wow you have many 7*. If you are in for PVE you are in great shape. If you want to be top at arena then reroll is good option.
  • Options
    The pros of your account:
    -You've got a Rebel squad that can probably 7* your EP
    -You're not in terrible shape for finishing an Empire squad and getting R2
    -You only need to farm Farmboy for CLS, assuming you can get R2
    -You're close on your scoundrels for credit heist

If those event toons are important to you, you're on your way there, and there's a good chance you could get them all in their next cycles. You're doing well in Arena considering how long you've been gone; there's a good chance you could settle into the top 500 if you keep at it.

The cons:
    -You have done absolutely nothing for ships, which means you're a long way from the zeta mat challenge
    -You're a long way from toons like Thrawn, BB-8, and JTR if they're important to you
    -Heroic raids will probably take more building before you're a mid-to-top contributor

What's important to you? If you want to reroll and try for a higher arena position/top 20 in fleet so you can earn lots more crystals and chase the current meta, that would be understandable. If you don't want to spend a few months rebuilding what you already have, you're not in bad shape. Can you clear GW and get max rewards from that every day?

I see you've been in the same guild since 2016; are they still active and running Heroic? If you decide to keep this account but need a new guild for Hancor and HAAT, DM me.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    It is ertainly possible to come back and enjoy your old account. Rerolling is not the only option.

I have an alt account, which I took a break from for 14 months. When I started playing it again for fun and giggles, I was lucky to join a quite young fleet arena shard. I still haven't broken top—200 in squad arena, but I'm constantly in top—20 (some times even top—10) in fleet arena. I earn most of my crystals from fleet arena. My current plan is to farm FO for BB8 before making an attempt at climbing further in arena (mid 300s currently).

I have enjoyed building my roster and fighting my way back in arena. It's a fun challenge. Just prepare for a very slow climb and for some times stalling for weeks/months at the same level before you take your next step forward.

My alt is in a casual guild which also has quite a few sub—85 members. However, the guild is fairly active and slowly improving. We do 2 pit raids and 2 AAT raids (heroic since late last month) every week.

I would suggest that you don't reroll until you've seen what type of fleet shard you're assigned to and wether you can compete there. However, most importantly:

Do whatever is more fun and challenging for you.

Good luck :—)