Improvements for my sith team?

Hey there!

I'm looking for improvements on my Sith Team to beat a lot of other teams in the Squad Arena to hopefully reach Rank 10 at least. My team currently contains :

Darth Vader (Leader, 6 Star, 11932 pwr, Gear 9)
Darth Maul (7 Star, 12520 pwr, Gear 9)
Darth Sidious (7 Star, 11014 pwr, Gear 8)
Darth Sion (3 Star, 7408 pwr, Gear 8)
Sith Assassin (4 Star, 6063 pwr, Gear 8)

I've been told by a Guild Member I should replace Sion, since he's difficult to star up without paying, with Savage as he has a "killer health regen if you zeta him" and "can be difficult to defeat". Any thoughts on this?

Here is my collection if needed : https://swgoh.gg/u/thereiindeer/collection/

Replies

• Options
    Nah, don't drop sion, just gear him a little more, he has decent health and protection at G9, I think you should wait until you get palp and switch him for assassin, or gear up savage and replace assassin with him. I run Palp 7*, Vader 7*, Nihilus 4*, Sion 4*, and Zylo, actually, and he is totally able to take care of himself, so you might want to invest a little into him because he can do bb8 tier 1-7 all by himself, and solo a couple raid phases (although zavage can do well in AAT too), but either star up SA or drop her. Palpatine will help you a lot when you get there, but stall and build your rebels until then.
    "Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall" - Confucius. My SWGOH.GG Profile: https://swgoh.gg/u/bahumat22/
  • Options
    Bahumat wrote: »
    Nah, don't drop sion, just gear him a little more, he has decent health and protection at G9, I think you should wait until you get palp and switch him for assassin, or gear up savage and replace assassin with him. I run Palp 7*, Vader 7*, Nihilus 4*, Sion 4*, and Zylo, actually, and he is totally able to take care of himself, so you might want to invest a little into him because he can do bb8 tier 1-7 all by himself, and solo a couple raid phases (although zavage can do well in AAT too), but either star up SA or drop her. Palpatine will help you a lot when you get there, but stall and build your rebels until then.

Thank you!
  • Options
    Zeta Palps will get you there. Use him as leader and drop either maul or Sideous.

I run zPalps, Vader, zzNihilus, sass, Sith Trooper in a mature shard and have been able to hit top 20 a few times, under 50 for a while now.
    WhoVille Sheriff - Ally Code: 244-425-158 - https://swgoh.gg/u/whovillesheriff/
    Discord: WhoVille Sheriff#3439

Guild Collaboration Founder: Just Sithed Myself
    Discord.gg/FvBdmtz
    https://swgoh.gg/g/21201/just-sithed-myself/
  • Hekalatos
    82 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    @Bambii That particular group needs Darth Maul to be replaced. If he is not leader, he is practically useless because he is super slow and has a very low health pool.

If you stick with the Darth Vader lead, you will want to replace Darth Maul with Sith marauder as he gets stronger the more debuffs there are. so you will run Darth Vader, Darth Sion, Darth Sidious, Sith assassin, and Sith Marauder. and those five will be the best group with your current characters.

As zetas become available you will want to do Darth Vader first, Darth Sion and Darth Sidious. In that order.

In the meantime, work on rebels so you can unlock Emperor Palpatine and use him as leader. Once you have Palpatine, you will want to make him leader and get rid of darth sidious as he is only good under a vader lead.

I made a video breaking down the sith faction if you want to check it out https://youtu.be/zlUXdtJMk9g
    it's kind of long, but it has a lot of good information about the sith.
  • Bambii
    14 posts Member
    Options
    Hekalatos wrote: »
    @Bambii That particular group needs Darth Maul to be replaced. If he is not leader, he is practically useless because he is super slow and has a very low health pool.

If you stick with the Darth Vader lead, you will want to replace Darth Maul with Sith marauder as he gets stronger the more debuffs there are. so you will run Darth Vader, Darth Sion, Darth Sidious, Sith assassin, and Sith Marauder. and those five will be the best group with your current characters.

As zetas become available you will want to do Darth Vader first, Darth Sion and Darth Sidious. In that order.

In the meantime, work on rebels so you can unlock Emperor Palpatine and use him as leader. Once you have Palpatine, you will want to make him leader and get rid of darth sidious as he is only good under a vader lead.

I made a video breaking down the sith faction if you want to check it out https://youtu.be/zlUXdtJMk9g
    it's kind of long, but it has a lot of good information about the sith.

Wow. Thank you so much! Sadly I already maxed out a Darth Maul ability thinking that he was useful.
  • Options
    He isn't bad, just not for arena anymore
  • Options
    I'm currently running palp lead, vader, maul, sion, and nihilus. I'm a mail fan boy but I plan to drop him and run sith troop. Then run a seperate with team with maul, sith assassin, sidious, savage and idk who else. Keep gearing sion. Stars dont make a whole lot of difference. The current meta is with triumvant and so I would work on the ones you have. When you can unlock nihilus. And palpatine. Sith assassin is good but not for a palp lead. If you run a mail team lead then keep sa. They do good against crit dmg rebel squads. Sion is a great tank for that squad.

All in all, if I were you I'd try to zeta mauls leadership and run with what you have. Start working your rebels squad (I'd advise Phx because they'll also get you thrawn) and then once you get palp you can switch mail for palp if you want or keep running mauls lead
  • Options
    And my sion and nihilus are only 3 stars and they do fine. My palp is 5 and my vader is 6. Maul is only 1 at 7. All at gear 10
  • Bambii
    14 posts Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your suggestions. This is what my future team will be :
    Palp (L)
    Vader
    Sion
    Sith Trooper
    TFP, Nihilus or GMT (for debuffs for Vader's Culling Blade)
  • kevsmart
    492 posts Member
    Options
    Sion without his zeta is bad. And not running DN with Sion is wasting their synergy that makes DN a beast.