How does one resist a thermal detonator?

Khorvog_Karbossa
1000 posts Member
edited April 2018
after the rework, i am surprised this is still an issue. With jawas, nute, and bounty hunters...TDs should not require a tenacity check. They should be unresistable, especially since they can also be dodged. With stacking tenacity on the raid bosses, it really just makes all these characters that rely on detonators useless in the raid. Either pick evading, or resisting...not both.

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    I am really shocked they didn't do anything about them. They are very powerful and i get that but they need to be viable and they are just not.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    *Endures a nuclear explosion through pure grit!*
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    Yeah is bad. They can be resisted and cleansed. No bueno.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Options
    A dodge is leaping away before it explodes a resist is smacking it out of the air when it's flying at you like a softball at a little league game
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    Darthpedro wrote: »
    A dodge is leaping away before it explodes a resist is smacking it out of the air when it's flying at you like a softball at a little league game

If they add the animations for that I will accept it, but as long as there is no animation, I will not count it.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    I am really shocked they didn't do anything about them. They are very powerful and i get that but they need to be viable and they are just not.

Very disappointed. It seems that instead of attempting to make them work, they just gave BH a leader who gets use out of them even if they fail. When Zam, Dengar, or Greedo try to apply 5 TDs, even if they get resisted or cleansed you at least get a 25% heal to health and protection. So at least they aren’t wasted now. Small consolation prize I guess.
  • Options
    I think that a good fix would be the following:

TDs cannot be resisted

TDs can miss

TDs are a locked debuff (cannot be cleansed, with exception of Zam's basic and Scavenger's detonation)

TDs cannot be duplicated (by moves such as Cassian's Crippling Shot)
  • Options

TDs cannot be resisted

TDs can miss

TDs are a locked debuff (cannot be cleansed, with exception of Zam's basic and Scavenger's detonation)

Give a BH the following unique: Whenever a TD is cleansed by an enemy all BH gain 20% TM and speed up for 3 turns.

Give another BH the following unique: Whenever a TD is evaded or resisted all BH gain 20% TM and have their cooldowns reduced by 1.

Boom, TDs just became legit for a BH squad. They either do lots of damage, or they speed up an entire team. Win-Win. You could give these uniques to Jawas too.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options

TDs cannot be resisted

TDs can miss

Aaaaaand suddenly RJT was no longer required for the heroic sith raid since everyone just sent in their jawa engineer in phase 1.
  • Options
    Not that you cant use magma/deathtrooper, ns or a visas+massive non dot damage
    Problem is that younger guilds do not have those handful of good combinations working...and this makes this blatant hp pool a nightmare for those guilds. If you have a complete roster, than surely you can use the super combos to do 5m+ damage...

The Sith raid simply doesnt work below tier 7. Yes its fine that this one is very difficult - but below it should be greatly reduced hp level to fit more in line to the guilds actually playing it (they simply have no deathtrooper, rey and mostly no ns or visas). Developers should think till the end and not just produce some nasty big hp pools which require very specific groups to beat it (last tier can have a high skill check np), level 1 - level 6 should be more relaxed...
  • Options
    To be fair my BH were doing garbage damage but whenever a TD went off it was serious damage
  • Options
    After gearing and modding my bounty hunters a bit more, i feel this issue is really going to hold the team back in any raid setting.

I modded my Dengar to 70% potency, and sent the team into the raid. Dengar's aoe now is supposed to apply TDs to random enemies based on # of Bounty Hunter allies. I ensure that Nihilus is not touched by damage until Dengar's turn, and then use his aoe. Every single DT is resisted by nihilus every attempt i tried. The mechanic is garbage, and needs to be fixed. what is odd is that after hitting nihilus once, or even twice, other Detonators (greedo, Zam, and JE) are not resisted, only Dengar (who has the most potency of all 4 after mods)
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    Options
    They had a cold and the thermal detonator didn’t sense hear :P
  • Calastar
    304 posts Member
    Options
    DN has stacking tenacity if you hit him (50%). Dengar has to be the first one to hit him after DN takes a turn, otherwise insane Tenacity gets in the way
    I make character kits! Ask me and I will try my best to make one for fun.
  • Options
    Calastar wrote: »
    DN has stacking tenacity if you hit him (50%). Dengar has to be the first one to hit him after DN takes a turn, otherwise insane Tenacity gets in the way

Dengar was the first to hit him. and either way, there should always be a base 15% chance to apply a debuff which this raid seems to ignore
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    XKurareX wrote: »
    The Sith raid simply doesnt work below tier 7. Yes its fine that this one is very difficult - but below it should be greatly reduced hp level to fit more in line to the guilds actually playing it (they simply have no deathtrooper, rey and mostly no ns or visas). Developers should think till the end and not just produce some nasty big hp pools which require very specific groups to beat it (last tier can have a high skill check np), level 1 - level 6 should be more relaxed...

Guilds doing T6 and lower have no deathtroopers or JTRs?

We're 70m GP, been doing T4 for weeks and now trying T5 again, and we've got plenty of DT, plenty of NS, and a handful of JTR.

If your guild can't handle the current tier, get farming. Or move down a tier. Or both.

If the lower tiers were relaxed like you want, it would just be a second HAAT. We already have a HAAT. I'm thankful this is something new, and it works just fine.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options

Duck and cover!
    1952--62d130b426_o.jpg

• Options

Duck and cover!
    1952--62d130b426_o.jpg

that would be a dodge! dodging is completely fine for TDs!
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options

Dengar was the first to hit him. and either way, there should always be a base 15% chance to apply a debuff which this raid seems to ignore

What? There's no such thing as a base chance to debuff.
  • Options
    Huatimus wrote: »

What? There's no such thing as a base chance to debuff.

ah, its only a base chance to resist of 15%. still my original post is valid here