Thanks for increasing the daily action caps

But the drop rate was a lot better before the increase, several of my guild mates have expressed similar concerns about the drop rate.

What about yours?

Replies

• Options
    Mine haven't been too bad. I'm farming the shoretrooper and nihlus nodes. Past 2 days I got 8 for shore and cant remember nihlus but it's been decent
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    It felt the same way at first when it went from 3 to 5. It's just how we perceive things.
  • Options
    I would like to thank you for having a low drop rate so I could have a good one 24 hard battles and I got 16 shards today even got nine shards on one SIM of 8 battles
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    See it all works out lol
  • Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    It felt the same way at first when it went from 3 to 5. It's just how we perceive things.
    It’s not just perception, back when it was 3 it wasn’t uncommon at all to get 3 out of 3, I’ve never gotten 5 for 5 and 4 is so rare it’s not worth noting. So even though the attempts go up it’s all a mirage mostly.
  • Options
    A guildmate posted a 4/5 once. Forever ago. Haven’t seen anything that good in months.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    It’s not just perception, back when it was 3 it wasn’t uncommon at all to get 3 out of 3, I’ve never gotten 5 for 5 and 4 is so rare it’s not worth noting. So even though the attempts go up it’s all a mirage mostly.

Wow, you're really bad at math. If they raised it to 100 would you expect the occasional 100 out of 100?
  • Vohbo
    332 posts Member
    Options
    Obviously it is far more unlikely to get 5/5 than 3/3. It's even far more uncommon to get 8/8... I hope this does not require further explanation ?
  • Fanatic
    415 posts Member
    Options
    I recently got 8 carbanti from 11 sims. I'm so glad they finally raised the drop rate on things.
  • Options

Wow, you're really bad at math. If they raised it to 100 would you expect the occasional 100 out of 100?

You seem to be the one bad at math how is 100 close to five? And when it goes from frequently getting 3 of 3 to never getting 5 of 5 the problem is that that they kept the cap the same just increased the attempts.
  • Options
    The chances of getting 3/3 are .33^3 or 1/27, the chances of getting 5/5 are .33^5 or 1/243. It's just probabilities. Just fyi getting 8/8 is a 1/6561 chance. Regardless, you are getting 1 shard out of every 3 attempts on average. If you track your drops over a long period (at least a month) you will find this to be true.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Options
    I got 5/5 the other day before it increased to 8, and I don't recall ever doing that before. It might be my lucky week since I also got an omega from a cantina 8 battle :) though I also went 0/8 on reaper yesterday so it all evens out.
    The fact the the hard node refresh is still only 50 crystals is amazing. Basically get the equivalent of 2 old refreshes with a single new refresh (2*8=16 vs 3*5=15).
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    It all averages out in the end.

If you dont believe that, record all your data.
  • Options
    I was excited about the daily caps, but the drops rates are horrible. The Mama T and zombie nodes are especially bad. I’m lucky to get 1 shard a day, that’s 320 energy to get 1 shard. I’ve seen 2 players just up and quit playing because of the drop rates on the Vet cantina nodes. It seems like we’re all getting Sith raid burnout and the game isn’t fun when the grind doesn’t yield any fruits from your labor.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    It all averages out in the end.

If you dont believe that, record all your data.

I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Shrug, got a 6/6 drop on holdo, gotta have patience ,