how to mod Phoenix for TB?

Khorvog_Karbossa
1000 posts Member
edited April 2018
with arena completely out of the question, how do I mod Phoenix for best TB results?
i plan on leaving out sabine.

Replies

• Options
    Speed set + Efficiency set, 23.5% Protection (for 3), 24% Tenacity (1), other 2 are fixed, secondary speed (as best as possible, arrow you will mostly not manage to get good speed secondary so can go for speed arrow)
    Ezra +crit, +attack, +tenacity are good (can also have +crit dmg set, but another way you will regenerate much quicker)
    Zeb +tenacity, +efficiency, +protection, +crit, +attack
    Hera +tenacity, +crit, +attack, +protection
    Kanan +tenacity, +protection, +attack, +crit
    Chopper +tenacity, +crit, +attack, +protection

Speed, speed, speed a nice shield and tenacity are the key - however its possible to hard counter them with imperial troopers and others which render the riposte useless or just overpower your ezra quick enough before chopper and kanan can get inside the spot challenge. Thats for what a good portion of tenacity is needed or you will drop quick...
  • Options
    Thank you, ill follow the guide, but don't need to worry about troopers since this isnt for arena :)
  • Options
    My troopers target the strongest phoenix squad out of the typical 'phoenix wall' of 25 Phoenix teams.
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    Shaunyvee wrote: »
    My troopers target the strongest phoenix squad out of the typical 'phoenix wall' of 25 Phoenix teams.

Cool story but this is a TB thread.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    If you dont have a speed set, a tenacity set will work well in TB too...debuffs are the devil for phoenix :). They have insane TM reg especially if using ezra first special at unbuffed and right after the tm gain bingo to hera. Just debuffs can jinx that great damage combo. At least thats my opinion :)
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Shaunyvee wrote: »

Cool story but this is a TB thread.

Indeed - which is why @XKurareX 's post about hard counters and dropping doesn't gel.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Speed is absolutely NOT necessary for Phoenix for TB. Potency on Zeb. Protection on Kanan. Damage on Ezra and Sabine. Everyone with the best protection secondaries you have.

Protection regen is Phoenix gimmick and it should be used. They dont need speed in pve. They counter like crazy. Dont get me wrong - speed is always helpful - but with phoenix in TB it is not the primary concern. Spread Zeb Dazes with high potency and kill with counters. Damage is always Phoenix weak spot so make sure Ezra and Sabine have it properly modded BUT they need good Protection Secondaries. I do agree a tenacity cross might help Kanan but only if it has a good protection secondary.

I used to run Chopper in TB. He is awesome, but burning through some of those elites can be tough with his low damage. Now I run Ezra and Sabine and eat the elites for lunch.
  • Options
    If you have no good speed:
    Debuffs stick long and enemies profit on next round from it
    Kanan taunts too late
    Chopper goes poof because of that
    Zeb doesnt debuffs the enemies and than on riposte attack stuns them (than comes zero damage afterwards)
    Hera/Ezra will melt - just matter of enough enemies if you have no taunt going

Just try it out with 100 speed or with 60 speed - even in "raids" you will do double damage bc of the tm gain which influences the hera/ezra combo so hard. All others just basically support those 2 and make sure they dont get debuffs (zeb), damage (kanan, chopper). If you fight Thrawn you will also feel a huge difference between no speed, okay speed and superb speed - TB is of no difference.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    My fastest phoenix is Chop at 190 and Sabine at 170. Everyone else is 140 or below. They 6/6 TB and got me 7* Thrawn when they were gear 8. Its not needed.

Outside of arena (which was his question) it IS helpful but speed sets should be used on teams that benefit from them more.
  • Options
    Keep Ezra for another team. Speed.

1.) Mod zeb and Hera for potency and protection. To get the daze and expose going.
    2.) Mod Kanan for protection and health. He heals with debuffs. He needs all the health he can get.(i never use his taunt.)
    3.) Mod chopper for speed and potency and health. To get more assists and buffs, also he is the healer ish of the team.
    No rush, don’t auto. AI doesn’t know anything. Read the moves.
  • Options
    JijackCana wrote: »
    2.) Mod Kanan for protection and health. He heals with debuffs. He needs all the health he can get.(i never use his taunt.)
    You like living dangerously, don't you? The whole point of giving Kanan huge health/prot pools is so he can take a beating and allow chopper/hera/ezra to not melt like butter in a microwave.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Clash2Far
    179 posts Member
    Options
    Leaving Sabine out probably isn’t your best option but that’s beside the point. If you want to clear all phases you’re going to want solid damage and high protection/hp. Tenacity doesnt really help all that much besides maybe on Kanan (assuming you have his zeta) debuffs also heal you when he’s alive remember. Hera needs as much hp as you can give her since her base is so incredibly low. Chopper benefits from protection stacking as well given how much he gets back when removing enemy buffs. Zeb I go protection primary but CD mods and CD triangle. Ezra benefits from O and he’s the one I would worry the most about speeding up. When his calling others to assist can provide needed TM or protection depending on who you target. I agree with @VonZant as well.
    Ally Code 285-115-111
  • JijackCana
    105 posts Member
    Options
    JijackCana wrote: »
    You like living dangerously, don't you? The whole point of giving Kanan huge health/prot pools is so he can take a beating and allow chopper/hera/ezra to not melt like butter in a microwave.

Kanan is the lowest geared out of the 6. I went with Zeb, Hera, and Ezra’s Zetas first. And I haven’t decided if I want to finish them off yet.

https://swgoh.gg/u/jijackcana/collection/?f=phoenix