I have an AMAZING idea

Jar_Jar_Stinks
6 posts Member
edited April 2018
So devs, hear me out.

I was thinking about a fun event idea, one that would allow us to use two factions that we all know George Lucas wanted to be joined at the hip when he first penned Star Wars so many years ago. Yeah, you know what im talking about - Empire and droids, aka Peanut and Butter.

Now, take these two groups of harmonizing toons and have them battle a reasonable amount of encounters, say 8, against what everyone can agree is the most feared and powerful race in the entire SW galaxy - yup, the powerful pewbik hairballs we call ewoks.

But I'm not done yet! There are still players who would find Empire and Droids fighting 8 waves of ewoks boring. So here's the secret sauce you need to add - make it **** near impossible to beat. Im not talking about making it frustrating, i'm talking about an absolute impossibility. Yeah, just make it a waste of our time, and leave it open for a couple of days so we can get salty and throw our mobile devices against the wall multiple times over the course of 2 days.

I think it is a great idea. Thoughts? Discuss.

Replies

• scuba
    14078 posts Member
    Options
    G8YbH4N.jpg
  • Options
    We know what happens next, ewok revives everyone and kills your team.
  • Human3001
    74 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Feeling better now? And don't throw your phone against the wall. The wall might get damaged. If the game drives you nuts from time to time it's totally normal. Many of us share this feeling with you.
    Ally code 428-543-243
  • Jar_Jar_Stinks
    6 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I have brick walls. And no, im still sad.
  • scuba
    14078 posts Member
    Options
    Have you tried droids yet. My empire was getting their butts handed to them. Figured I would try droids and was suprised
  • Vettes4Fetts2
    523 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Possible

Dangit, make pics easier to load from mobile will ya?
  • Options
    scuba wrote: »
    Have you tried droids yet. My empire was getting their butts handed to them. Figured I would try droids and was suprised

I'm f2p and am actively protesting the pre-teen gods known as phoenix, only have r2 with 1 zeta and the lanky useless droid from rogue 1 (cant remember his name) at 7 stars. My empire team can't beat 5 star tier unless i give it a solid 15 or 20 attempts. *cries really hard*
  • Options
    It's tough but it's beatable. BB8's ID is a good counter to washing off Daze, as Scuba's **** shows
  • Options
    I use the same squad you posted but with 86 instead of chopper... it works and isn’t impossible....
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Moved to Feedback >> Events.
  • Options

I'm f2p and am actively protesting the pre-teen gods known as phoenix, only have r2 with 1 zeta and the lanky useless droid from rogue 1 (cant remember his name) at 7 stars. My empire team can't beat 5 star tier unless i give it a solid 15 or 20 attempts. *cries really hard*

So your point is that you don't have good characters (Thrawn is a godsend in this event and everywhere else) and are upset because your subpar characters can't beat the event? I'm confused.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Options
    Did it with my empire first try no problems didn't even have to move mods so not only is it possible it's actually quite easy to tell the truth if you have the characters geared up for it
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options
    Put my Empire team on Auto and cleared Mythic tier so I’ve got no idea what you’re talking about. It does help that I’m using EP as my Arena team so they’re mostly G12+3 and good mods.
  • Options

Palpatine, Vader, Thrawn, two tanks (Shore & Storm are ideal) makes Mythic easy. Entirely F2P.
    Imperial Troopers make the other tiers easy. Entirely F2P.
    If you only play SWGoH to use characters you like, it’s perfectly valid - playing for fun only is as good as playing for best performance. Farming toons is your choice (it’s the centerpoint of the game), so if you don’t want to farm some, it’s your choice - don’t rant against the devs for your unwillingness to take the best course and the preference you put to farming characters you like only.
  • Hskull55
    2263 posts Member
    Options
    We know what happens next, ewok revives everyone and kills your team.

That only happens when you kill ewok elder.
    This is the easiest assault battle for me. Try imperial troopers, they are awesome for this event.
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
  • scuba
    14078 posts Member
    Options

Well they don't make events around the characters players are not protesting. Sorry hope you get an event that comes along that the characters you are not protesting are usable for.
  • Options
    I like that all of these events have varying degrees of difficulty. I still remember when I could only clear tier 1 of this assault battle because I focused solely on rebels. Now my empire team can clear mythic in the first attempt. My suggestion, when you encounter an event with mechanics to which you have no counter, move on and try again the next time.

• Options

So your point is that you don't have good characters (Thrawn is a godsend in this event and everywhere else) and are upset because your subpar characters can't beat the event? I'm confused.
    Dont be confused, young one. Its called "complaining", it is what most people use the internet for.
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    Options
    So devs, hear me out.

I was thinking about a fun event idea, one that would allow us to use two factions that we all know George Lucas wanted to be joined at the hip when he first penned Star Wars so many years ago. Yeah, you know what im talking about - Empire and droids, aka Peanut and Butter.

Now, take these two groups of harmonizing toons and have them battle a reasonable amount of encounters, say 8, against what everyone can agree is the most feared and powerful race in the entire SW galaxy - yup, the powerful pewbik hairballs we call ewoks.

But I'm not done yet! There are still players who would find Empire and Droids fighting 8 waves of ewoks boring. So here's the secret sauce you need to add - make it **** near impossible to beat. Im not talking about making it frustrating, i'm talking about an absolute impossibility. Yeah, just make it a waste of our time, and leave it open for a couple of days so we can get salty and throw our mobile devices against the wall multiple times over the course of 2 days.

I think it is a great idea. Thoughts? Discuss.

I also have a great idea!
    Git gud B)
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • TVF
    36643 posts Member
    Options

Dont be confused, young one. Its called "complaining", it is what most people use the internet for.

Yeah but you have the ability to be better than most people. Try it some time.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

Yeah but you have the ability to be better than most people. Try it some time.

Better than most people at complaining? I did try it, are you new here?