The Rework We Have All Been Waiting For!!!

A fruitful day to all thanks for viewing.

Its not new news that every swogh player has been secretly craving a PVP rework for a long time now. The obvious and most popular is
the introduction of live real time one on one battles in the arena which i call DUELING. I will start from there.

DUELING & HOW IT CAN WORK
I can imagine how complicated the computing may be but it is possible. There are a few interesting ways Dueling can be introduced into the game that would transform gameplay positively.

1. Introduce new nodes ALLY NODE & GUILD NODE Each node will provide access to battle either an from ally from ally list or a guild mate from your guild respectively. There should be 2 modes of game play available in each node(Endurance mode & Blitz Mode) also there should be rewards for completing these battles (these nodes can serve as shard & salvage farming nodes).

2. ENDURANCE MODE: This mode will be a reinforcement style battle where the player selects a squad of 10. The battle will start with a 5 man squad & 5 reinforcements. One out of the 5 reinforcements will be chosen from ally list & would act as a secondary leader whose leadership ability will only be activated when 3 team mates are Defeated & that ally toon is deployed in the battlefield . The style of introducing reinforcements into the battle should be in the following format. Player can deploy only 1 reinforcement when the first teammate is defeated, 2 when the second teammate is defeated, 3 when the third teammate is defeated & finally 4 when the the fourth teammate is defeated if there is available space in the Battlefield. Timer should be increased to 8min 30 seconds & Other normal arena style gameplay should remain this is Battle shouldn't be live/real-time. Introducing Reinforcement will take one turn from any toon that uses this ability & that toon Taunts for one turn gaining 30%Turnmeter, Protection up 20% & defense up for 1 turn.

3. BLITZ MODE: This battle will be a very fast paced battle where players battle real time with 5 man squads like arena but the major difference will be that it is in real time & players are given a 3 second window to select target & select move for current player to use. Every millisecond gained during the 3 second window period is added to the 3 second timer of the next move (say I selected target & move in 2 seconds my next move will have 4 seconds on the timer & so on). Players will select opponents from either ally list or guild members who are online. Other allies on ally list & guild members can view match live or later up to 6hrs later before it is deleted. Players can also schedule convenient times to battle in case of time difference or other restrictions. When a player challenges a guild member or ally to a BLITZ Duel a notification message is sent to all guild members & allies about scheduled or live battles. Players who fail to meet up with schedule will forfeit match & rewards.

4. GUILD CHAMPIONSHIP & SPARRING NODE: This node will simply activate once a month like TB or TW where you can practice realtime against guild mates in the first stage which is the seeding stage. During the second stage (qualifiers) guild members a grouped based on seeded rank into 8 groups & the first 2 from each group will proceed to the final stage (knock stage) Defeated players are eliminated until the first & second winner emerges. These two winners Will Be seeded against other winners from guilds in the GALACTIC CHAMPIONSHIP (which is essentially a bigger version of the guild championship).

Pls feel free to comment & provide more dynamic ideas for a great PVP Rework

-GENERAL INSTANT
GENERAL INSTANT

Replies

• Options
    They don’t plan on reworking PVP arena
  • Options
    TL/DR...
    You should go develop your own game instead of trying to fix this one.
  • Options
    I know but what do you think of this kind of rework?
    Ham_Solomi wrote: »

GENERAL INSTANT
  • Options
    evoluza wrote: »
    No to everything.
    With the character balancing it would be the same boring stuff.
    I started playing summoners war. The have life pvp, but also good balancing and way more synergy / anti-synergystuff going on.

We need pve action. Stuff that stays and has like 1000 lvls to grind forward.
    We also need way more to upgrade. More gear lvls, more character lvls, new mods with more different stats like counter, health steal, take a second turn....

Great I like your suggestions that said i must say Swgoh isnt on the same level as others. Starwars is written in history & has permeated all backgrounds & race frankly i know swgoh has the potential of reaching a stage where grandpas pass their swgoh accounts down to the next generation.
    GENERAL INSTANT
  • Options
    It would be nice to have an avenue where we know the best player in the world
    GENERAL INSTANT
  • Options
    New mods are a definite. The current mods are getting boring with only Speed stat to farm for. I also agree with more gear and character levels, and perhaps new ability levels. Once you hit lvl 85, all you have to do is wait to farm Speed mods and up all your characters so you can solo the raids and whatnot.
    I make character kits! Ask me and I will try my best to make one for fun.
  • Options
    Your assumIng too much, you don’t speak for every player , nice attempt tho.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options

Maybe OP has a weird definition of "We". He ain't speaking for me either.
  • Options

True but then again no one can speak for every player
    GENERAL INSTANT
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    Options
    Dang, I thought this was some sort of announcement. I realized it wasn’t and stopped reading. No hard feelings.
  • Damodamo
    1586 posts Member
    Options
    Oh god please just stop, you are not going to get a game changer account just because you post things that you try and make sound/appear like you are in the know.

Argh!!!!!!
  • ewqewqc
    183 posts Member
    Options
    online PvP not gonna happen. its way too complicated actually.
    right now, the fights are on clientside, and results are sent to the servers. if you want the fights to be serverside, it will make a huge overhaul in the game.

im fine with this as is. speak for yourself.
  • Options
    Id like some more real time pvp battles (eliminating the problem of defense vs offense), but there are so many more things this game needs desperately right now, id rather have them work on it instead (mod management, sith raid rework, ship raid, new capital ships, separatist rework, jedi rework..)
  • FailingCrab
    1155 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    First of all, battles are handled at the client end which immediately renders any kind of live PvP impossible unless they drastically restructure the game. Ignoring that one fatal flaw though for the sake of argument:

1, 2 and 3 - this is far too unnecessarily complicated and also just wouldn't work.

4 - I really like the principle, not sure how it would work irl. Would you enter a squad which stays g e same through all phases or would you pick your squad each time? This game is very rock/paper/scissors at the moment which doesn't lend itself to picking one squad, although this game mode might encourage the development of the most 'general-purpose' teams possible in contrast to arena where you can just throw in a different team. If you could change squads each time that'd also be interesting. I'd suggest that each player goes in blind (ie not knowing what team their opponent is entering). Would again focus on the development of general purpose squads.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Options
    You’re assuming way too much, and are speaking for none other then yourself
  • xeynx
    38 posts Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, I crave a different system than the current arenas, and live PVP isn't that system.

I'm sure there are others in the same boat as me that plan this game for fun when we have time, and that means we don't always have time for "live" action. If I want live action, I'll play an FPS, MMO, or other games directed at that.

Not to poo-poo your idea, as I'm sure there are a number of people who agree with you on the desire for live action. I'm just not one of them.

As others have suggested, I'd like to see more PVE stuff than we currently have. I'd rather have another GW table to replace arenas (as someone else suggested on another thread) than live PVP =p. And we know that a number of people hate GW. =p

• Options
    Damodamo wrote: »
    Oh god please just stop, you are not going to get a game changer account just because you post things that you try and make sound/appear like you are in the know.

Argh!!!!!!

Lol of what benefit will a game changer account be i already have my own account with most of my toons 7 star already. So I have the opportunity to test different combinations. It gets boring if everything is easy.
    Thank you for hating, its only encouragement to get even better.
    GENERAL INSTANT
  • Options
    xeynx wrote: »
    I'm sorry, I crave a different system than the current arenas, and live PVP isn't that system.

I'm sure there are others in the same boat as me that plan this game for fun when we have time, and that means we don't always have time for "live" action. If I want live action, I'll play an FPS, MMO, or other games directed at that.

Not to poo-poo your idea, as I'm sure there are a number of people who agree with you on the desire for live action. I'm just not one of them.

As others have suggested, I'd like to see more PVE stuff than we currently have. I'd rather have another GW table to replace arenas (as someone else suggested on another thread) than live PVP =p. And we know that a number of people hate GW. =p

Different insatiable wants and needs. I appreciate your contribution & opinion
    GENERAL INSTANT
  • Options
    Archlord wrote: »
    New mods are a definite. The current mods are getting boring with only Speed stat to farm for. I also agree with more gear and character levels, and perhaps new ability levels. Once you hit lvl 85, all you have to do is wait to farm Speed mods and up all your characters so you can solo the raids and whatnot.

Exactly great point
    GENERAL INSTANT
  • Options
    Ham_Solomi wrote: »

That's sad doing the same thing over & over again can get tiring we need something fresh every once in a while to keep the juices flowing
    GENERAL INSTANT
  • Options
    You’re assuming way too much, and are speaking for none other then yourself

I know a lot of players that want real time PVP battles it makes battles more dynamic. Am just postulating.
    GENERAL INSTANT
  • Options
    First of all, battles are handled at the client end which immediately renders any kind of live PvP impossible unless they drastically restructure the game. Ignoring that one fatal flaw though for the sake of argument:

1, 2 and 3 - this is far too unnecessarily complicated and also just wouldn't work.

4 - I really like the principle, not sure how it would work irl. Would you enter a squad which stays g e same through all phases or would you pick your squad each time? This game is very rock/paper/scissors at the moment which doesn't lend itself to picking one squad, although this game mode might encourage the development of the most 'general-purpose' teams possible in contrast to arena where you can just throw in a different team. If you could change squads each time that'd also be interesting. I'd suggest that each player goes in blind (ie not knowing what team their opponent is entering). Would again focus on the development of general purpose squads.

Thanks for stopping by. The squads will change & will selected by the player. There should be freedom to modify & adjust team composition should not be restricted. I also love your idea of going in blind. Absolutely brilliant i totally agree but at least the GP of the team should be stated.
    GENERAL INSTANT
  • Options
    Roopehun wrote: »
    Id like some more real time pvp battles (eliminating the problem of defense vs offense), but there are so many more things this game needs desperately right now, id rather have them work on it instead (mod management, sith raid rework, ship raid, new capital ships, separatist rework, jedi rework..)

True am sure the other reworks are already in the works probably they have a timeline for it. They wont want to flood the game with changes they seem to do this to balance the swgoh ecosystem.
    GENERAL INSTANT
  • Options
    dad2my3 wrote: »
    Dang, I thought this was some sort of announcement. I realized it wasn’t and stopped reading. No hard feelings.

Sad thanks for viewing though. i would appreciate your thoughts on the PVP gameplay that was discussed thank you
    GENERAL INSTANT