Territory War Matching Needs Work

Perfalbion
posts Member
edited April 2018
I'm the leader of a guild that's roughly 67 million GP. We've thus far been incredibly successful in the TW when matched against guilds of roughly the same size. Our one loss came when we were around 52 mil and matched against a 65 mil GP guild. We're now matched against a 97 mil GP guild. This is simply insane. Sure, their 38 or so members participating (19/territory) are probably close to the same GP as our 49 members who joined. But the difference in quality here is just ridiculous. One high-quality team can completely annihilate multiple weaker teams without taking damage, and their average team quality will be significantly higher than ours.

Your matching algorithm needs to take the quality of lineups into account as well as GP. Either that, or use some form of "band" where all guilds within a 10 mil range are used for selection (0-9.99 mil GP, 1-1.99 GP, etc.) or the guilds must be within 2.5 mil or 5 mil GP of each other.

This may not be frequent, but I'm going to predict we get whomped this TW and it won't be because we did silly things or they necessarily fought better. And we'd like to be able to at least compete.

Replies

• kello_511
    1648 posts Member
    Options
    There is obviously a big issue issue with the matchmaking.

My guild has really enjoyed territory wars since the start, and we did very well in it. Most recently we have found ourselves waaayyy overmatched, to the point where there is no possible way for us to even come close. We have faced the top guild in the game for the past 2 tws (as WW and TI swapped spots in between) and before that we faced another top guild who was way beyond our strength.
    It’s really disappointing and frustrating. I used to love this game mode, now we just face opponents who outmatch us by so much that there is no point in even trying.
    So, what used to be my favourite game mode is now an exercise in frustration that makes many of us not even want to bother.

On the plus side, i guess it’s saving me some money. After all, you wouldn’t pay to soup up your Honda Civic if you know you’re going to be racing a Ferrari, right? And neither would the Ferrari owner, btw...
  • Options
    The previous 2 TWs were a good match for us. But our current opponent in TW is 12.7 million higher than us - one of the guys in their guild has every one of his characters at 7 Star g12, except Wampa. We have done well as a whole against guilds that are stronger than us, but it seems as if something happened to the matchmaking algothrim in the recent updates.

Also, one of our sister guilds in our alliance is a very casual guild. It just got Haat on farm about 2 weeks ago. That guild is 60 million GP. It’s facing an opponent with 7 Star g12 General Kenobis. Another example of how the matchmaking seems to be broken.

Would someone from CG give us an idea of how matchmaking works? I know they talked a little bit about it in one of the recent GameChanger videos. However, everything I’ve read and experience recently has been the opposite of that.
  • Options
    We are an 83 mil gp guild. Same for us....matchups were good. Now they paired us with a 110 mil gp guild. What's the point?...lost of course...if we get matched with a 110 mil guild..then we should get the rewards from the 110 mil reward tier at the very least.....although, I would prefer a good match up...BRING THE FUN BACK TO THE GAME!!!