Raid Rewards: A Star Wars Story

Ravens1113
5215 posts Member
Well let’s start with a picture as they speak a thousand words...

6_FE0_F758_29_D0_4_F85_B67_D_46_B4598_B797_B.png

This right here is the exact example of why players are so frustrated with raid rewards right now for HAAT and HSTR. There is absolutely no reason for challenge gear to be a reward in ANY given raid, especially gold challenge gear like this. We have thousands of them because we can’t get the prototype pieces nearly as quickly as we can the salvage pieces. Here’s how we as a collective unit can fix this. The players need to be fair in their expectations for raid rewards and the devs need to stop being so over analytical in the rewards. I’m posting this here in feedback because I know one of the mods will move it if I don’t. But I’m hoping the devs actually look here and engage in this discussion since some mods claim they do come to this section of the forums to reply. Anyway let’s get started.

First and foremost, in HAAT and HSTR, there should be absolutely no challenge gear given as a reward that the vast majority of the player base has thousands stockpiled of. It only adds to the frustration of an already agitated player base. There’s no reason to have the following as rewards; Mk8 biotech salvage, mk8 neurobinocular salavge, mk5 medpac salvage and mk9 datapad salvage. We have thousands stockpiled of them. Please stop giving us these gear pieces as raid rewards.

Secondly, don’t over complicate the reward system. When the recent “fix” came out it nerfed the gear drops for HSTR and all the other tiers severely. This was rolled back and the devs told us this would be revisited in may. Well..ITS GONNA BE MAY! (Sorry had to) and before the last “fix” gets pushed again, something need to be done. A simplified reward structure is all that’s needed and here’s an example:
For a top 3 finish in HSTR the payouts should be something worthwhile. Only increase the currency payout of about half of what the original fix did. Then payout gear salavge/ full pieces in groups.
Have the first group be a random salvage/full piece drop between mk3 cuffs, mk3 carbs and Mk5 guns (not a full gun but the 50 salavage pieces). The next group drops from mk4 holo’s, mk3 bacta gel and mk6 thermals. The next group from mk8 biotech, mk5 medpac, mk8 neuro’s and mk9 datapac prototypes. The next group from the current G12 list. The final group from the new g12 gear that Is being released.
Obviously you give each group a fair amount of salavge for top ranks and adjust accordingly pier reward tier.

If you instill that I guarantee that players will be thrilled, there would be competition for top spots and it wouldn’t affect the bottom line.

You fix the rewards in that manner across the board, especially in STR raids of all tiers, you’ll win over the player base.

Replies

• Options
    I've been consistently ranking 1st place in HAAT over the last several raids (with the occasional 3rd or 5th place depending on which teams I feel like using) and I have received Challenge Gear (sometimes in two spots on the same payout) six times in a row.

Getting the occasional challenge gear is bad enough, but getting it consistently, time after time? Seems needlessly frustrating.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    They know.... that's why they have said they are going to (re)rework the raid rewards.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    I don't think anyone ranking top3 HSR is complaining about the rewards, the rewards are rediculously good.
    Any rework of the rewards will most likely be a nerf on the HSR rewards, especially for the top3.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    leef wrote: »
    I don't think anyone ranking top3 HSR is complaining about the rewards, the rewards are rediculously good.
    Any rework of the rewards will most likely be a nerf on the HSR rewards, especially for the top3.

It is likely, but not as bad as it was the first go around.
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    I long ago stopped worrying about HAAT rewards. Once in a while I get some good gear, yay! But I just expect a good amount of currency and GK shards. Anything else is a bonus.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    I long ago stopped worrying about HAAT rewards. Once in a while I get some good gear, yay! But I just expect a good amount of currency and GK shards. Anything else is a bonus.

Agree, I dont really look at my raid rewards too closely. If I see something cool, I'm happy, if nothing jumps out, just accept it and move on.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »

Right now they aren’t but the rework is imminent. That’s the issue and why I’m bringing this up so they don’t redo that fiasco lol
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »

Agree, I dont really look at my raid rewards too closely. If I see something cool, I'm happy, if nothing jumps out, just accept it and move on.

I just think that’s a bad attitude. Complacency allows things that should be improved to go unchecked. Sure the currency and excess GK shards are nice, but we should still be getting gear to help us progress. That’s the whole point of a raid.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

I just think that’s a bad attitude. Complacency allows things that should be improved to go unchecked. Sure the currency and excess GK shards are nice, but we should still be getting gear to help us progress. That’s the whole point of a raid.

I know what's in there and what shouldn't be in there. That is different than judging each drop individually. Even when complaining, work smarter not harder.
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options

Aye, the real issue is that many still need to hAAT gear for STR teams. Getting useless gear just makes that progression take longer.

Personally, I accepted long ago that Tank rewards are junk, and there is no use in trying because no matter what place I get, I will get junk. But I have the luxury of being in a top 50 guild with hSTR on farm.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options

I know what's in there and what shouldn't be in there. That is different than judging each drop individually. Even when complaining, work smarter not harder.

But looking at individual drops shows gear that doesn’t belong. That’s the whole point. And instead of just listing the obvious exclusions that are needed for raid rewards I went a step further and laid out, what I think, was a fair reward system for HSTR starting with the top 3
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

But looking at individual drops shows gear that doesn’t belong. That’s the whole point. And instead of just listing the obvious exclusions that are needed for raid rewards I went a step further and laid out, what I think, was a fair reward system for HSTR starting with the top 3

Look at the possible gear drops. Note what you have 100s or 1000s of, note its other locations (challenges). I now have valid evidence for why that gear doesn't need to be dropped by a raid.

I'm not convinced the details matter in the grand scheme of the issue. The development process takes months and they will tailor the solution to be balanced for the whole game not just the raid drops. There is a whole economic system that they have to keep in balance to achieve the end goals of progression. If they are already talking about it, its probably been in development for a while, they have way more data than the "average" player, and a better understanding of the end goal.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

Look at the possible gear drops. Note what you have 100s or 1000s of, note its other locations (challenges). I now have valid evidence for why that gear doesn't need to be dropped by a raid.

I'm not convinced the details matter in the grand scheme of the issue. The development process takes months and they will tailor the solution to be balanced for the whole game not just the raid drops. There is a whole economic system that they have to keep in balance to achieve the end goals of progression. If they are already talking about it, its probably been in development for a while, they have way more data than the "average" player, and a better understanding of the end goal.

shut your face, i just want more better rewards ! ;)
    Save water, drink champagne!