Leaders, how do you define your loyalty to your guild members?

Broad question I know. Let me refine it. Members I accepted, that show each day, and put in the coins, etc. We have some open slots, and most of the replies are Alliances asking us to drop 90% of our members and bring those they deem as "worthy". I can't bring myself to just boot loyal members for no reason. How do others just look at their membership like trading cards and ignore the human element? Is this what the game has come to? Was it always this way? Not trying to slam the self described "Elite" guilds, they have every right to set their own guidelines. I guess I'm just not as hard as I need to be? My motto is "No kid left on the bench, everyone plays". Am I a dinosaur?

Replies

• Dblade21
    168 posts Member
    Options
    Not in my book. Both guilds I'm in (main and alt) have the same mantra. If you're participating, communicating and improving, you're safe. Not gonna kick someone just to make room for a higher gp. I'd rather have a 1.2m gp that is working hard than a 2.1m gp that thinks they deserve to do what they want. We are still independent too. No alliances, none of that craziness. Main guild is 90m gp, started at somewhere around 10m. Stay true to your values
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options
    You have to define yourself. I don't believe anyone should be dropped based on their GP. However, I do believe people have to active every day for the guild to grow. So if someone is not growing they run the risk of getting the boot.

You might lose a higher level player though if you dont constantly retool to meet their needs, buthats the risk you take.
  • Options
    My guys are active, not talkative, but they show daily, contribute 600, attend raids etc..We have a 7 day no login rule (unless they give us a heads up)
  • Options
    Dune - sounds like yr trying to run a fare guild and that’s great don’t change yr ways stick at it. I think sometimes it’s hard to keep everyone happy especially if u have a guild with mixed timezones and a broad range of player GP
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    We only boot in two cases:

1) Refusal to follow the few rules we have. First time we immediately reinvite (often it's one of our non-discord members who missed a rule), second time it's forever.
    2) Inactivity without notice. Typically around a week.

Otherwise we all work together and grow together.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    I think it's a give and take. I wouldn't have a guild to run without the hard-working members and members wouldn't be able to reap the rewards of being in a guild that achieves without other members who also care. We've never booted due to low GP but we have booted for underachieving (usually regardless of GP) according to stated guild goals or repeated rule violations despite warnings. I believe you have to be fair to the individual while also keeping in mind if that individual is harming the well-being of the whole.
  • Options
    Good to know I'm not alone in my way of doing things. One thing I learned leading a large guild in another game was 100% transparency whenever possible. Sparing the members, or not asking for their input is a bad idea. Now in our SWGOH discord we have a "meeting hall". And it is the members place to speak their minds.
  • Options
    Dune - sounds like yr trying to run a fare guild and that’s great don’t change yr ways stick at it. I think sometimes it’s hard to keep everyone happy especially if u have a guild with mixed timezones and a broad range of player GP

TY!
  • Options
    shaggybevo wrote: »
    I think it's a give and take. I wouldn't have a guild to run without the hard-working members and members wouldn't be able to reap the rewards of being in a guild that achieves without other members who also care. We've never booted due to low GP but we have booted for underachieving (usually regardless of GP) according to stated guild goals or repeated rule violations despite warnings. I believe you have to be fair to the individual while also keeping in mind if that individual is harming the well-being of the whole.

Very true!
  • Options
    Follow a few simple rules and be active and your safe in our guild. we have two members who are just shy of 85 but they work.
    I wouldn't boot someone to make room for stronger member we have a good cohesive guild
  • Options
    We are a focused Trium guild. With our GP, its going to take every single member working towards viable teams to get there. For an example, I have 2 members with no viable teams for the raid yet. One, is constantly asking questions and engaged... I always see upgrades in guild corresponding to a viable toon. The other is one misses out deploying in TB, lackluster participation in TW, rarely chats, and upgrades random toons that have no use in Trium. I'm going to carry that first player no matter what. I will not drop them because they are working their rear end off. The 2nd player, I want to replace right now as soon I get a recruit. Its situational for us. If you are helping the guild as a whole, you'll always have a home.
  • Options
    We are a focused Trium guild. With our GP, its going to take every single member working towards viable teams to get there. For an example, I have 2 members with no viable teams for the raid yet. One, is constantly asking questions and engaged... I always see upgrades in guild corresponding to a viable toon. The other is one misses out deploying in TB, lackluster participation in TW, rarely chats, and upgrades random toons that have no use in Trium. I'm going to carry that first player no matter what. I will not drop them because they are working their rear end off. The 2nd player, I want to replace right now as soon I get a recruit. Its situational for us. If you are helping the guild as a whole, you'll always have a home.

I can understand your stance on things. Being a leader means accepting there will be tough decisions. I get as much input from my officers as possible, but in the end, the final decision is mine. But, such is the life we have chosen. :)
  • Notworking
    172 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Look after your members and they'll look after you. I wouldn't remove someone because a higher GP player was at the door.
    We have rules in the guild, not that many, or that restrictive (all voted on by the members btw) and if anyone is consistently breaking them, our first step is always to try and find out why, and see what we can do to support them.

"Our goal is to make the game fun again and not a chore. Teamwork, funny banter and support this is your guild.
    Farm who you want to farm.
    Spend or not spend it is entirely up to you"
    Does it work? It does in the guild I'm in.
    If the officers make a mistake, they own it. No hiding it, a public apology will be posted on our discord server.
  • Options
    Totally agree dune
    I'm definitely a velociraptor...even though they never ever existed,l ol