Notice of Sales

colter92
21 posts Member
I just began playing in November and after my first two months the amount of money I am willing to spend has increased as my did my time playing and enjoyment of the game. I decided to budget $100/per month to build my squads and keep a moderate level of competitiveness.

May marked my second month with this budget. May 1st arrives and I buy my Vault of Crystals only to find that hours later a post comes indicating that 25% bonus sale is starting. Had this have been transparent sooner I certainly would have waited 24 hours.

I know it sounds like I am just complaining, but we were just spoken to with all this new found transparency about letting players know better what to expect and what is coming with calendars and blog posts and I can't help but feel...I don't know what the right word is...its not cheated because I got what I paid for, but it stings knowing that I could have another 4000 crystals for the same price had I been aware of the impending sale. Even something last of week as simple as, "Hey holotable heroes, May 4th is coming up next week. Be on the look out for special sales and events in honor of "Star Wars Day""

Thanks for listening

Replies

• Options
    They will never announce with more than a week that a sale was coming up, but it was pretty obvious that something would be with "may the 4th" coming up
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    You could spend next months budget now and get your extra. Just a thought.

In the future you should always wait around "holidays" and other events, anniversaries. They usually throw something up.

Yes it does sting but transparency doesn't mean they will let information out earlier and earlier. I mean the same could have been said of people who bought packs a week ago, or maybe 2.... it's a fine line, some of it is on the players to realize things may come and plan accordingly. Cheers mate, dont worry it comes and goes. I've missed out on a few sales.
  • FailingCrab
    1155 posts Member
    Options
    I feel your pain (I did a similar thing around New years) but whenever they announce a sale, someone will have just bought a pack
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299