Bounty Hunter leader after the contract appearance

Tautas
87 posts Member

I like most of you was using Boba Fett as leader for bounty hunter until now, - it has really great leader skill. However, now after contracts appearance - things changing (at least at some aspects of the game). Pretty much I think it is the main reason not Boba Fett is leader, but IG-88 in the Bounty hunter tutorial.

I successfully used Boba Fett in raid as leader. Needed to wait for enemy to move quite a bit, because my units were much faster, but after the kill of firstly moved raid trash mob - everything was perfect. However, his leader contract is not usable in fast PVE battles, as well in PVP, especially on auto. Fastest enemy unit is usually DPS dealer, which killing is already almost win, but before that - you need to deal with enemy tank.

Do you agree that Boba Fett, Bossk leader contracts are unusable in PVP and only IG-88, Dengar leader contracts are ok for PVP? If agree, do you prefer IG-88 or Dengar leader yourself?

Replies

• Options
    I agree?
  • lesismore
    59 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Initially, I was very excited about the BH rework, after I have tried different leader abilities and honestly I couldn't tell which was better or worse, or the differences.

In other words, why so many leader abilities with so few BHs? I thought they were designed for different situations but now just tired of reading the long description and trying them, leave them be.

They are make things more complicated (need more time to comprehend) yet less fun, not what I was expecting when first heard of the rework.

Plus there were nerfs to the damage output of Boba and IG-88...
  • GA_Phoenix
    368 posts Member
    Options
    As long we didnt have Bossk, Bounty Hunters sucks in Arena PVP. I use Dengar Lead in TW defense instead with ok results in the last row.
  • Tautas
    87 posts Member
    Options
    I don't think Bossk will be big change at all.

Well, Bossk maybe good for BH team as the tank, but his fancy leader skill going to be wasted, because with Bossk there is no chance to get contract fulfilled and get all the payouts... The only easy contract, even doing on auto is IG-88....Dengar also quite easy, because you need to attack the enemy tank unit.
  • exec79
    156 posts Member
    Options
    BH teams are not meant for pvp its pretty clear for me. payout system is too slow arena, or tw defense, also AI will be playing bad with them. however it could be good for harder TB, and raid battles. Wait we need a BH tank....ok nvm, see you 3 months later
  • lesismore
    59 posts Member
    Options
    exec79 wrote: »
    BH teams are not meant for pvp its pretty clear for me. payout system is too slow arena, or tw defense, also AI will be playing bad with them. however it could be good for harder TB, and raid battles. Wait we need a BH tank....ok nvm, see you 3 months later

Incorrect, 9 months, after 4~6 weeks*2, he will be available to farm, most likely in a hard node because he is crucial to BH team, then you know how long it takes to farm a character from 3* to 7* purely in a hard node that costs 20 energy per sim.
  • XKurareX
    478 posts Member
    Options
    Cost doesnt matter, its with 8 nodes and about 2 per day = 330 - 50? (start) /2 = 140 days, 70 days (with 1 refresh - more has no sense)
    + occasional extra shard as the event maybe returns

Pretty long farm, but i think its viable in the arena with IG88 lead. However easy to counter with typical rex/thrawn lead teams. Fracture Bossk and team is done - easy as it is. Damage is high surely - but without pre taunting tank, massive cc, tm gain or a real speedy characters it will end up as minced meat.

Could be nice for Sith raid i suppose (one phase only of course). Same as Visas Marr - cool for one phase, but a rather expensive fun...
  • OrpheusRobot
    238 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    lesismore wrote: »

Incorrect, 9 months, after 4~6 weeks*2, he will be available to farm, most likely in a hard node because he is crucial to BH team, then you know how long it takes to farm a character from 3* to 7* purely in a hard node that costs 20 energy per sim.

But 8x sims per node is like triple drops! 'memba farming DN on one node at 3 sims?
  • lesismore
    59 posts Member
    Options

But 8x sims per node is like triple drops! 'memba farming DN on one node at 3 sims?

"CHANGES
    Hard Node Daily Action Cap Increased
    For a limited time, PvE Hard Nodes have their daily action caps increased from 5 to 8. This change applies to both Light Side & Dark Side Nodes."
  • lesismore
    59 posts Member
    Options
    XKurareX wrote: »
    Cost doesnt matter, its with 8 nodes and about 2 per day = 330 - 50? (start) /2 = 140 days, 70 days (with 1 refresh - more has no sense)

Pretty long farm, but i think its viable in the arena with IG88 lead. However easy to counter with typical rex/thrawn lead teams. Fracture Bossk and team is done - easy as it is. Damage is high surely - but without pre taunting tank, massive cc, tm gain or a real speedy characters it will end up as minced meat.

Could be nice for Sith raid i suppose (one phase only of course). Same as Visas Marr - cool for one phase, but a rather expensive fun...

"CHANGES
    For a limited time, PvE Hard Nodes have their daily action caps increased from 5 to 8. This change applies to both Light Side & Dark Side Nodes."
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options

"CHANGES

They used the exact same text when they increased the attempts from 3 to 5.
  • Aenori
    6 posts Member
    Options
    I am also very doubtful about BH in PvP. Contract offer really great bonus, but they are too slow for pvp.
    So if the BH are here for long fight, zBossk lead seems the obvious choice, and it seems really huge (25% health and protection on a good Boba or IG88 AoE is great).
    Are they worth it ? I guess it will heavily depends on the new event frequency.
  • Options
    Huatimus wrote: »

"CHANGES

They used the exact same text when they increased the attempts from 3 to 5.

As you said, a while ago, everything has changed a lot, and try not to get your hopes high :) , as great disappointment will follow right after as always >:)
  • Jefferx
    362 posts Member
    Options
    It's not finish yet. Young han and young chewie from solo movie are confirmed, they will be bounty hunter. Also, i tried many times bounty hunter with contracts mechanics and they really lack health and tank. They are all easy to kill in 2-3 hit. This is really not a short pvp run with this faction. It is for long run like tbds and raid. You have time to activate contract and use them. Wait for bossk and new bounty hunter coming from movie. They will shine somewhere...
  • Options
    I would disagree that the contracts are too hard to achieve in PVP. Two issues raised above were a taunting tank and Bossk being fractured. Well, between Boba and Greedo you have two sources of dispel, and Bossk’s zeta, like OB’s would regrant him taunt if he were fractured by Thrawn early. And if Thrawn doesn’t fracture him early, Boba’s AoE and IG-88s AoE can inflict ability block, and Greedo, Bossk and Dengar are all sources of stun, which would render Thrawn’s fracture ability unusable.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    The dev team stated when they were working on this rework, they were not planning on it being PvP, they based the mechanics more on the PvE aspect of the game.
  • Options
    The last contract I need to omega and it should be done by tomorrow. (I have a feeling the mechanics of the Bh will help in the new event)
    I have used boba and Dengar leads but not in any challenging capacity.
    Has anyone who played around with them know the best leaderships? PVE wise of course.
  • lesismore
    59 posts Member
    Options
    The last contract I need to omega and it should be done by tomorrow. (I have a feeling the mechanics of the Bh will help in the new event)
    I have used boba and Dengar leads but not in any challenging capacity.
    Has anyone who played around with them know the best leaderships? PVE wise of course.

That's the confusing part, 7 Bhs with 6 of them having a leadership ability :o
  • SeanutB
    482 posts Member
    Options
    Bossk's is going to be good. 3 star doesn't matter much at gear 11 or 12 so he will be very useful
  • Options
    SeanutB wrote: »
    Bossk's is going to be good. 3 star doesn't matter much at gear 11 or 12 so he will be very useful

Makes sense now that these events have star requirements now. Yea Bossk will be a beast!
  • Minowara
    536 posts Member
    Options
    You guys are focusing too much on contracts. Put together a team that works without contracts being fulfilled. It is a very fast team (except Dengar). They are definitely usable. I still think Bossk lead is significantly better than any other on the team.
  • SpeedRacer
    1037 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Bossk is by far the best leader. After they nerfed Boba and IG88 attack power, u need extra defense/protection to survive more turns plus more time to activate contracts.
  • Options
    Bump
  • Options
    @TheOmega why did you necro a thread that’s been dead for months and add nothing of substance to the discussion?
  • Options
    I'd like to see more discussion on this topic now after Embo, Aurra, and Jengo have been released.

Why else could someone bump a thread?
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    So my personal opinions after updates: Leads:Boba or probably Jango for PvP. Embo for Sith P1, 2, 3. Bossk or Zam for PVE. Other leaders useful but might have niche spots?

Greedo and Bossk belong in every squad. Embo honorable mention and belongs in almost all.

Best "doesnt matter if you get contract" squad is easily Boba, Zam, Greedo, Dengar, Bossk.

I think think BH are best overall faction in game now. Swiss army knife because they have 10 leader abilities. Good ships too. TB, TW, heists, events, Ship arena, and now with Jango, arena.

Now if they would give scoundrels/smugglers more than one lead, I will be happy.