Bossk lead zeta inconsistent cost

Is there some reason Bossk's leadership skil zeta upgrade cost 13 Omegas instead of the normal 10?

Replies

• Matt_B
    149 posts Member
    Options
    Because it’s 30% better

Jk I don’t know the answer to this, but if you compare it to GS, it should cost 20 omegas lol
  • Dwinkelm
    768 posts Member
    Options
    There is no “normal” cost for a zeta upgrade. They all cost 20 zeta mats, but variable omega and purple mats. In my experience, most zeta upgrades take 16 omegas. Cheers
  • Options
    Most Zeta upgrades seem to be 10 omega. CLS started a wave of 13 omegas. Phoenix require 16 Omega and 40 purple.

It is annoying with ZERO reason other than, reasons.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options
    If you had checked more, you'd see that it's not unique to Bossk, there are others that require 13 omegas for their zeta leadership.
  • Matt_B
    149 posts Member
    Options
    The only other one I found was Traya. I think leadership and unique/special zetas are getting mixed up here.
  • Zevox
    172 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Dwinkelm wrote: »
    There is no “normal” cost for a zeta upgrade. They all cost 20 zeta mats, but variable omega and purple mats. In my experience, most zeta upgrades take 16 omegas. Cheers
    There are indeed normal costs for zeta upgrades. It depends on what type of ability it is. Normally, it goes:

Leadership: 10 omegas, 20 mark 3.
    Unique: 13 omegas, 30 mark 3.
    Special: 16 omegas, 40 mark 3.

However, starting with I believe Thrawn's release, leaderships have sometimes started to have the cost normally used on unique zetas instead of the previously normal, lower cost for leadership abilities. It's been inconsistent though: Thrawn's, Talzin's, Traya's, and Bossk's have the higher cost, but CLS, RJT, Unmasked Kylo, and Palpatine do not, so it's not a case of them just deciding to increase the cost of leadership zetas going forward from when Thrawn came out.

Looking over a bunch of zetas on swgoh.gg, the only other inconsistency I could find is Hermit Yoda's "Strength Flows from the Force," which is a special with the cost of a unique. Everything else looks to be consistent with what I listed above.
  • Pieeater420
    232 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Yeh idk why u tho they were all 10 omegas. Just 3 examples for u here but nihilus two zetas his leader uses 10 an unique uses 13. An wampa furious foe uses 16 an cornered beast uses 13. An then vader unique uses 13. So as u see just from those 3 examples it can vary from 10-16 depending on the char. I dont see any rhyme an reason to it but just wanted to clarify that it can vary from the 10-16 range. So the post above mine is prob gonna be the best rhyme an reason u will get. His info seems to be correct from wht ive seen.
  • scuba
    14069 posts Member
    Options
    Yeh idk why u tho they were all 10 omegas. Just 3 examples for u here but nihilus two zetas his leader uses 10 an unique uses 13. An wampa furious foe uses 16 an cornered beast uses 13. An then vader unique uses 13. So as u see just from those 3 examples it can vary from 10-16 depending on the char. I dont see any rhyme an reason to it but just wanted to clarify that it can vary from the 10-16 range. So the post above mine is prob gonna be the best rhyme an reason u will get. His info seems to be correct from wht ive seen.

Read the comment above your comment:
    There are indeed normal costs for zeta upgrades. It depends on what type of ability it is. Normally, it goes:

Leadership: 10 omegas, 20 mark 3.
    Unique: 13 omegas, 30 mark 3.
    Special: 16 omegas, 40 mark 3.

That has been a norm.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Zetaflation™
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    *Omegaflation
  • Options
    @scuba hyoda special ability zeta is 13 omegas
  • scuba
    14069 posts Member
    Options
    scuba hyoda special ability zeta is 13 omegas

there are deviations from a norm which is what this thread is about. My honest opinion is they just randomly pick the upgrade numbers.