Can you leave the game for 9 months and make your account competitive again?

Palanthian
1262 posts Member
I guess I'm about to find out! When I left, my collection score was 90-something-%, now it's about 60%! May 4th brought me back into the fold.

Anyway, I like a lot of the improvements that have been made to the game, and the benefit of not being at the top anymore is not feeling like you have to stay at the top - it takes a lot of the pressure off.

Looking forward to rebuilding my roster and running some of these events I missed. Hello to anyone who remembers me! :smile:

Replies

• Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options
    Thrawn lead AI is still not good on defense. ;)
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    ofcourse you can, especially with a 60% collection score.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Hmmm...my fate is almost like you...
    I start play teh game on global launch, then I become a top player-sort of
    But then I stopped play the game for 1 year and start again at the beginning, fortunately I growing faster though.
    And it's the fate when I didn't know that I can restore my previous data, if I know so, how powerful will be I am?
    Lol, I will not become a top player anytime soon...
  • Palanthian
    1262 posts Member
    Options
    Huatimus wrote: »
    Thrawn lead AI is still not good on defense. ;)

Haha, I noticed! I'm going to roll with the current Palp meta, just need a few more zetas and I'm working on Sion to complete the team. Hopefully the team will be ready before the meta changes again!

It's good to see that so many characters are still relevant 9 months on, it doesn't seem like so many OP characters have been released in my absence. I'm guessing the CLS meta came and went, I'll pick him up next time the event rolls around.

I need to learn about Territory Battles, I haven't got a clue. I read through the guide and I came away no wiser as to how they work!
  • Options
    REX
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    leef wrote: »
    ofcourse you can, especially with a 60% collection score.

This. I would think you were far enough along to only lose some minor progress.

Moved to strategy section
  • Options
    I love your come back!
  • Palanthian
    1262 posts Member
    Options
    I love your come back!

It's great to be back! I'm enjoying the game again the way I did the first time.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Welcome back, Palanthian. May the force be with you.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Range1974
    900 posts Member
    Options
    Welcome back, the good news is that a lot of the toons that were worthless and you probably ignored before can still be at the bottom of your list. A lot of things you could not farm 9 months ago are now available. If you did not have Thrawn, then figure out what you need to get your Phoenix squad ready. Likewise with his capital ship. Join a guild too, if you haven’t.
  • Options
    Sure! If an old guildmate decides to pick up again (he left 4 months ago) the good news is I guess his arena shard only has 438 active players left.. as he is still at 438 lol
  • Palanthian
    1262 posts Member
    Options
    It was interesting, I only dropped to around 250 with a fast Tarkin lead. Granted, I can't break the top 100 right now, but it does say something about the number of active players on my shard.
  • Palanthian
    1262 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Welcome back, Palanthian. May the force be with you.

Great to see some familiar faces. :smiley:
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    People are capped at g12. Easy to catch up.
  • Bigslow
    104 posts Member
    Options
    @Palanthian welcome back! Be advised fleet arena is stale AF and the toon arena has become ultra FTP friendly. Everyone can beat everyone and you’ll see teams with trash mods that you have on B-C PVE squads sniping you daily.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Bigslow wrote: »
    @Palanthian welcome back! Be advised fleet arena is stale AF

Also be advised that fleet arena is changing formats and no one yet knows what that means for the meta yet.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options
    It's good to have you back man. I tried to keep that thrawn thread going, but no one from ea/cg cared enough to dedicate the resources to adjust him. That being said, he is still an amazing offensive hero.
  • Sunnie1978
    2937 posts Moderator
    Options
    Welcome back @Palanthian It is possible. My guildmate @Chewy_Johnson68 left for 286 days and came back. He is back to the top of his arena leaderboard now.
  • Jaxom
    136 posts Member
    Options
    Welcome back @Palanthian come back to the fleet chat!
  • DarthFele
    36 posts Member
    Options
    You Could! I started on global launch for a couple of month then stop almost a year for work compatibility. I came back around March 2017 and being playing very actively since then, always f2p. I’m currently top 100 in squad and top 50 in ships. Since my shard is one of the first ones I see a huge difference in GP in comparriasson with the top guys (1,5 vs 3M) and I was very behind on farming legendaries like R2,BB8, thrawn and others... however as the game change so fast anything can happens. I would say you can be back in the top depending on how active you will be now. Welcome back!