Question bought character progress

I'm new to the game. I've played similar games in the past where boosting characters as fast as possible doesn't create as strong a finished product as boosting multiple facets of the character, so I ask this question for this game. Is it better to raise the character level to its max as soon as you get the character, or boost the characters stars to the max first before you raise the level. Same applies with gear. For example, I get a 4 star dooku from chromium. Should I focus on farming shards and maxing his stars FIRST before I start to increase his level, or does it matter?

Replies

• Options
    Gear is most important. Most toons become viable at 5* and try to keep your main squad leveled to your player level for best gaming experience.
  • Options
    The order doesn't matter. You could fill gear, get stars, or level the character up in any order and the end result would be the same.
  • Options
    There's no difference when everything is maxed.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • PainSaber
    156 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I ask because I notice the strength, agility, and intelligence growth modifiers grow with each star increase. That leads me to wonder, for example, if leveling a lvl 1 4 star dooku to level 50 when he has a 4.60 agility growth modifier, while simultaneously another player waits to boost his dooku to lvl 50 until he has a 7 star dooku which would have a much higher agi growth modifier, if he would have a much higher agility on his 7 star lvl 50 dooku, than I would have on my 4 star lvl 50 dooku
  • Options
    Once you promote the modifier upgrade becomes retroactive.
  • Options
    just making sure. Ty all for your posts. If anyone disagrees I would like to hear all sides