Ideal FO team for arena

So far i got KRU(lead), kylo, phasma, foo and fotp. I got a 3* halfway to 4* fost in VI gear. Would replacing phasma with fost be a good idea? i dont want to farm FOE, but possibly could. It would be more practical to farm fost as i use them in fleet also. But im concerned by the level of squishiness of fotp and foo or to lack dmg if i go with fost over executioner. Im not really sure what is the best possible FO team is, and ive tried to google a bit without really finding anything relevant i feel. Strictly what is the best FO setup for arena.

https://swgoh.gg/u/darthbugdrops/collection/

Replies

• Jay_1997_C
    213 posts Member
    Options
    KRU, fost, kylo, foo, Fox is the ideal line up in my opinion, running fo in arena since before the reworks and getting top 30 easy, if I refresh I can push to top ranks
  • CoastalJames
    2971 posts Member
    Options
    KRU, Kylo, FOTP, Officer, Executioner.

Strictly what is the best FO setup for arena.

There is no "strictly"...no "definites" anywhere in this game...everything is subjective opinion.

• YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    Phasma, sadly, has been rendered largely obsolete since the release of Matt the Radar Technician. And unlike Finn, she doesn't have enough leftover First Order toons to field a B team, though filler toons could take advantage of her lead.

KRU is best lead and best tank.

FOST helps because First Order does well under double tank, and he's just an overall very good unit. Counter chance with speed down and a dispelling basic with advantage? Yes, please. His zeta is great, ally TM gain and self cleanse on his taunt ar great, and a 3 turn cooldown on his taunt is great.

First Order Officer is the most important First Order toon. Cool down reduction, TM drain, huge TM gain, spreading advantage and offence up, cleanse, this guy brings a ton of support to the table.

Some combination of Kylo classic, FOX, and FOTP. Straight up kill. They all have their ups and downs. FOTP's zeta puts him on par with the other two main beatsticks, and that zeta adds a huge amount of much-needed survivability with all the foresight they'll gain.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    but i guess i must finish up kru and kylo first before executioner. so i guess it wouldnt be unwise to start raising up fost then, as he serve double purpuse with kylo ship. ok, ty guys.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    For early game, it may be better to favor FOTP over FOX, because FOTP is a pilot, and it streamlines farming to work as many pilots into teams as practical.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    I've recently switched to using FO in arena (Dec 2015 shard), and it has been working fairly well - easily top 50 finish. Depending on your mods and competition, finishing in the top 10 might be a challenge.

That said, I've found that a team of KRU, Kylo, FOO, FOSFTP, and FOE worst the best for me, especially against zPalps teams. All the stuns and TM gains make controlling the fight pretty easy.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    i HAVE FOX LOW LEVELS BUT HE IS GREAT/FUN edit f capslock
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Ikky2win
    870 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I get first/second in my shard November 2017 with kru, fost, fotp, foo, and Ren. It’s really about your mods. If you can make foo faster than Vader, your entire team will go first or coin flip for turns at worst. The only empire team I really struggle against is zpalp, vader, sith trooper, sion, and either thrawn or Nihilus. Just can’t get past the tanks quick enough. Adding foe to the mix would probably make a difference though. No issues vs rex teams. Only have one jtr team currently in my shard and it’s iffy. Very much rng based.

Pro tip: if your opponents Vader is faster than your foo, put in rhan instead of Ren and stun vader. Just don’t leave rhan in there on defense.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    it's more your shard than mods imo.

edit: but it's also mods
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Minowara
    536 posts Member
    Options
    Jay_1997_C wrote: »
    KRU, fost, kylo, foo, Fox is the ideal line up in my opinion, running fo in arena since before the reworks and getting top 30 easy, if I refresh I can push to top ranks

This is accurate.
  • Options
    I run zKRU, Kylo, FOST, FOO and FOX, they work well but i have to work on the gear levels but other than that, they have a good synergy it seems to me
  • DarthBugdrops
    133 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    ty ikky. think i will go for that then, as it fit my fleet perfectly also. but my foo is super squishy tho. gear VII and 4* but real close to 5* now. but i guess things change when they get more gear and stuff and the higher tier abilities. mostly facing like maxxed star and whatnot phoenix teams.
  • Shaunyvee
    916 posts Member
    Options
    Kru Fost foo fotp Zylo all maxed and zeta'd.

On offense.

Empire is an RNG fest based on how many palp stuns.

Rex leads with GK & wampa are nigh on impossible.

JTR is beatable, based on RNG on again. If bb8 gets ID off, it's game over.

? FOSFTP / FOX make a difference? Not so sure, but doubt they'd make much of a difference, although the extra assist/stun from special forces pilot may change things.
  • Minowara
    536 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Shaunyvee wrote: »
    Kru Fost foo fotp Zylo all maxed and zeta'd.

On offense.

Empire is an RNG fest based on how many palp stuns.

Rex leads with GK & wampa are nigh on impossible.

JTR is beatable, based on RNG on again. If bb8 gets ID off, it's game over.

? FOSFTP / FOX make a difference? Not so sure, but doubt they'd make much of a difference, although the extra assist/stun from special forces pilot may change things.

FOX makes a tremendous difference. My shard is infested with Rex / Wampa and it has been a long time, probably a month+, since I lost to one.

With KRU/FOST/FOO/Kylo/FOX, here are the matchups from my experience:

CLS: extremely easy, 100% win rate
    Rex/Wampa/mix: easy, 95% win rate
    JTR: Easy, 90% win rate
    NS: extremely easy, 100% win rate
    EP/Vader/Sion/DN/other: 80% win rate if FOO goes before Vader, 40% win rate if Vader goes first

My Dec 2015 shard top 20:
    8 EP
    8 Rex
    1 FO (me)
    1 CLS
    1 NS
  • Shaunyvee
    916 posts Member
    Options
    What's your turn order Mino?

Launch shard means officer never goes before Vader.

Do you marching orders fox?

Focus on TM Gain into fox?

I've almost maxed him for the sith raid anyway, but I'm having trouble seeing how fox who needs time to ramp up his damage makes a big difference?
  • Minowara
    536 posts Member
    Options
    What's your turn order Mino?

Launch shard means officer never goes before Vader.

Do you marching orders fox?

Focus on TM Gain into fox?

I've almost maxed him for the sith raid anyway, but I'm having trouble seeing how fox who needs time to ramp up his damage makes a big difference?

I'm not on a launch shard, launch was in November of 2015. My shard is from December. I always use Marching Orders to FOX to reduce TM of my least favorite enemy and give my team TM. Why do you say that officer never goes before Vader? I usually go before Vader. FOO base speed with KRU leader is 175 (145+30). Vader with skill boost is 177 (121 + (7*8)). 175 vs 177 is pretty close, so I just need to have a tiny bit better mods, which I tend to have.
  • Ikky2win
    870 posts Member
    Options
    Like I said, if you’re foo is slower than Vader, switch out Ren for rhan and stun vader. Works like a charm.
  • Shaunyvee
    916 posts Member
    Options
    Changed out FOTP for FOX (gear 12, only the health item equipped).

Massive difference. He's tanky as all getup, hits like a freight train on his special and that TM reduction is amazing.

I've resorted to using officers marching orders on FOX rather than the others and am seeing excellent results, charging up the leaderboard today
  • Stokat
    829 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Changed out FOTP for FOX (gear 12, only the health item equipped).

Massive difference. He's tanky as all getup, hits like a freight train on his special and that TM reduction is amazing.

I've resorted to using officers marching orders on FOX rather than the others and am seeing excellent results, charging up the leaderboard today

Yup he really doesn’t need all that long to ramp up damage as popular belief would seem to have it, he is pretty great from the start! An amazing toon for sure:)
  • DarthBugdrops
    133 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    depending on how things look for jtr, still got like 180 shards on kru and kylo before a fox. got phasma 7* as backup plan for bb8, fost farm is sort of a slow deal, and i started kind of late, now doing some off farming on rey scavenger on ship node when i can. i cant really level much atm anyway. but if it works well in a new shard like ikky said i guess i should not be worried to much and just keep leveling and gearing, he they fit in the ship also. i can reach down to like 50, at first, at around 100 now but teams got quite a bit more powerlevel 10/15k + and i seem to derank quite quickly for now, and if i get bad rng i cant win over the really high power teams. but im doing quite alrigth in ships so not doing better in arena for now dont worry me too much. more concerned about getting any good legendary heroes atm, as ive missed out on just about every event so far cause i didnt want to lvl phoenix instead lol. tbh i didnt know **** about the game at first i just started leveling something, tried to farm jedi team, sith team, then swapped to farming rebels for palp for my sith team, then decided for FO, cry inside for missing palp, but decided to stick with it for once as kru and fapsma was one of my better heroes i for some reason had farmed. ppl will have thrawns, not many do i know just one guy in my shard and he is in my alliance, palps, r2d2s ++ but if im lucky i migth just get JTR, but seeing here how ppl say FO is that viable to contest teams with legendary heroes makes me wonder. i definately would need that fox, cause my team atm seems a bit too many paper soldiers. foo and fotp, but fotp serves me well in ships also.
  • Options
    The ideal team is KRU lead, Kylo, FOO and the other 2 a mix of the rest minus Phasma, Kylo is a very tanky and useful attacker with a lot of utility and the officer both can cleanse, prevent further debuffs, buff, tmr and shorten cooldowns to allies, how does one replace that? If you do have a zeta FOST then you have your 4th irreplacable, that zeta is incredible, leaving the 5th to be filled by FOE, FOTP or FOSF, there is no "this one is the best of them all" there is only "this one benefits the situation more" FOTP deals massive damage to single targets, FOE has tmr plus can clean up weak enemies and dispell, FOSF has a really good aoe and useful special, so use what you think the situation calls for, Phasma will need a rework if she will ever be useful as a ally ever again because as of now her first special is kinda boring and second special is abysmal, leader is fine but she could maybe use a unique