Don't know what to do

Spuds
11 posts Member
Hi,
Not really a complete newbie in the game, but need a pointer in the right direction
Current arena team is: (I'm level 80)

Chirrut, Baze, Boba, Palpatine, and Kylo Ren

I feel like this team does not really have any synergy except for chirrut and baze. I also have no idea what i should be farming.
Is it worth getting phoenix this late in the game? (only have kanaan and zeb 7 stars)
And is it worth upgrading my Bounty hunters? I started out the game farming them because i thought they were good but i stopped since. After this rework im debating whether i should again.

Thanks.

Replies

• Options
    Bounty hunters won't get you far in arena. Finish Phoenix to get both 7* Palpatine and thrawm, farm OG rebels for CLS and empire for r2.
  • Options
    You definitely need to get an arena team with some synergies. Not sure what you can put together since i can't see your roster. But since you have palp i woukd say palp lead empire woukd be good. Palp vader tarkin tfp and either storm or royal guard are a decent starter empire team. Eventually you want thrawn so you do need to farm pheonix too. If you have sion he is also a good tank choice under a palp lead even at a low star. And nihlas is a good addition even at a low star count. So palp vader nihlas sion and either tfp or tarkin would be a good team also if you can manage. Though you would eventually want to replace tfp or tarkin with thrawn.
  • Spuds
    11 posts Member
    Options
    I've got 7 star palp, 6 star vader, 7 star storm trooper, 6 star royal guard, and 7 star tarkin for Empire but only palpatine and storm trooper are really geared up.
  • Options
    I would prioritize gearing vader and tarkin and farm tfp and gear him. You don't really need two tanks and storm us better than rg. Vader tarkin and tfp are all good for ships and the zeta challenge so you'll also be helping yourself there too.
  • Spuds
    11 posts Member
    Options
    Oh ok thanks. I think i'll follow that to get R2. I'm not sure i will really use that for my arena team, because i feel like my rebel team is much stronger. (7 star chirrut, 4 star baze, 7 star wedge, 7 star biggs, 7 star (leia/old ben). Baze is actually a pain to farm right now and only 4 stars, should i replace him with old ben in arena (once other rebels are stronger) ?
  • metal_samurai
    172 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    i wouldn't worry too much about baze only being 4*. just gear him up and add stars when you can and you'll be fine along with chirrut, biggs, wedge, and whichever other rebel you like.
  • Options
    I wouldn't use rebels in arena. Ep palp lead is the meta now and they destroy rebel teams that are stronger than them. Each rebel you have just gives the opposing vader speed and they get a tm train going and you're dead. You can use rebels for now if it keeps you higher but you're going to want to replace them.
  • Options
    With ep lead with the rebel team you suggest an opposing vader will almost always go first since he gains 8 speed for each empire or sith on their team and 8 speed for each one of your rebels. Thats 80 extra speed or 88 if yoy use old ben sunce he's also a jedi. Vader goes first and uses his aoe. This almost immediately fills his tm under palp lead. He goes again and saber throws clearing the 3 or 4 dots he put up from your baze since he auto taunts. This feeds tm to their whole team putting them at 100 percent. Palp usually goes next with his aoe and stuns most if not all of your team. Tarkin goes and uses his aoe removing your tm for most if not all of your team. Tfp goes and hits pretty hard. Most of them probably will go twice before you get a turn. With aoe attacks bazes taunt is only marginally effective so your team is weakened if not half dead. Wedge is probably gone since he's a glass cannon. Once you start going you have a bunch of debuffs already and if you cleanse it feeds the opponent even more tm. Palp lead takes 20% of each rebels health each time they take a turn (may need a zeta for that though). So with the kits the way they are rebels are toast in this meta. If you had cls and raid han you may stand a chance because raid hans zeta lets him go first and stun vader and cls is harder to kill and hits like a truck but that team is harder to get. I have all those characters and palp lead is currently the best.