Best way to finish top 3 in heroic sith raid?

PeteSolo
173 posts Member
My guild has recently managed to beat the Heroic Sith Raid and I finished 16th. Of course I slept through p4 where a bunch of people got some decent scores and I know I could have done a lot better if I was awake for phase 4.

Looking at screenshots of the rewards I can already tell that finishing top 3 is insanely better. One guy who got top 3 had a bunch of fully crafted post 12 pieces and I was lucky to get 1.

I know that the raid is about team effort but honestly a little competition doesn't hurt. I have my own aspirations so I'm trying to get to the top 3. I have a GP in the range of 2.3 - 2.4 million and some people in my guild are over 3 so I know that in order to compete I'd have to exceed my limits.

I have Rey, but I am nowhere near a 7 star hermit or Wampa. Everything else I have, expect Bossk and Sion. I'm not going to go deep into what characters I have geared and what characters I haven't geared. I was just looking for someone who has the knowledge to post the top teams that don't include Wampa and Hermit, for each phase so I can start working on what I'm missing. Thanks in advance.

Replies

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gR4l7BWevKgL9zzMlVuCsdOpyp-rPS6bvtrV4dGcY5c/mobilebasic#
    As far as i know this is by far the best source of information avialable in regards to the HSR
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Indominable_J
    1812 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    It depends on what the top 3 scores look like, but if you have everyone other than those 4 at 7*, it's definitely doable. You would need to make sure you're getting optimal runs for every team you do, but a great NS run, for example, could make up for not having wampa/hoda.

Optimal lineups would probably be something like:
    P1 JTRey, BB8, R2, Scav Rey, RT
    P1 Boba, Dengar, Greedo, 88, Visas

P2 Nute, Leia, Acolyte, GK, Sabine
    P2 zQGJ jedi team
    P2 Troopers with Thrawn

P3 Chex Mix

P4 Asajj, Talzin, Daka, Talia, Zombie
  • Options
    leef wrote: »
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gR4l7BWevKgL9zzMlVuCsdOpyp-rPS6bvtrV4dGcY5c/mobilebasic#
    As far as i know this is by far the best source of information avialable in regards to the HSR

Yes, it is. And as always this great set of information was not provided by CG. Many thanks again to the guys who put in time and effort!
  • Options
    Hey guys,
    How do these teams stack up in the lower tiers of the raids?
  • Vorgen
    254 posts Member
    Options
    A word of caution to the OP if you do decide to go all out and gearing teams to try for top 3, by the time you get there, the promised reward rework (or re-rework, after the initial reward change fiasco) will probably happen and your top 3 rewards won’t be as rewarding as they are now. So understand what you might get yourself into and don’t regret it later.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Hey guys,

@Cliff_Johnson I have had a lot of success in T4 with the following (keep in mind several zetas are needed, rough damage estimates on average shown, also keep in mind the Zader team is probably not viable as you go higher tiers due to higher base tenacity on bosses):

P1:
    JTR BB8 R2 RT Rey (6m)
    Thrawn Magmatrooper Veers Shore Deathtrooper (2m)
    Vader Sidious DN Boba Tusken Shaman (2m)
    Wiggs CLS Han JC (1.5m)
    Asajj MT Acolyte Daka Talia (1.5m)

P2:
    Same Zader (2m) and Wiggs teams (2m), except put GK in for JC. I save the rest for:

P3:
    Same JTR team (7m)
    Veers Thrawn Magmatrooper Deathtrooper Leia (5m)

P4:
    Same Asajj team (4m)

Over two days (night session for P1 and second for the other three phases) I do about 33m total.

Zetas on JTR (3, only 1 necessary), R2 (2), BB8 (1), Thrawn (1), Veers (1), Vader (1), CLS (1), Han (1), Asajj (2).
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Hey guys,

@Cliff_Johnson I have had a lot of success in T4 with the following (keep in mind several zetas are needed, rough damage estimates on average shown, also keep in mind the Zader team is probably not viable as you go higher tiers due to higher base tenacity on bosses):

P1:
    JTR BB8 R2 RT Rey (6m)
    Thrawn Magmatrooper Veers Shore Deathtrooper (2m)
    Vader Sidious DN Boba Tusken Shaman (2m)
    Wiggs CLS Han JC (1.5m)
    Asajj MT Acolyte Daka Talia (1.5m)

P2:
    Same Zader (2m) and Wiggs teams (2m), except put GK in for JC. I save the rest for:

P3:
    Same JTR team (7m)
    Veers Thrawn Magmatrooper Deathtrooper Leia (5m)

P4:
    Same Asajj team (4m)

Over two days (night session for P1 and second for the other three phases) I do about 33m total.

Zetas on JTR (3, only 1 necessary), R2 (2), BB8 (1), Thrawn (1), Veers (1), Vader (1), CLS (1), Han (1), Asajj (2).

Also, don't forget detonator teams for p1 lower tiers. They don't work in heroic tier, since most detonators are resisted, but on lower tiers they stick. The big JC works well (Hera lead, JC, JE, Ezra and FOO — alternatively switch in Thrawn/Wicket), and a full jawa team can also do a couple of millions.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Vorgen wrote: »
    A word of caution to the OP if you do decide to go all out and gearing teams to try for top 3, by the time you get there, the promised reward rework (or re-rework, after the initial reward change fiasco) will probably happen and your top 3 rewards won’t be as rewarding as they are now. So understand what you might get yourself into and don’t regret it later.

delayed again...
    but your point is still valid.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Can't call it "delayed again" because they never gave a date to have it delayed from.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Can't call it "delayed again" because they never gave a date to have it delayed from.

I'm considering the roll back the first delay, now that it won't happen in may (in wich they said the raid rewards rework would happen) it's delayed for the 2nd time.
  • CantWithAU
    158 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Hey guys,
    The same.
    The mechanics of the Raid are essentially the same at all Tiers, just lower Tenacity etc at the lower Tiers, so the teams that do Heroic will be at least as good in lower Tiers.
    n.b. This does not necessarily work in the opposite direction. Teams that are effective in lower Tiers may have absolutely zero chance in Heroic. But, any team that is effective in Heroic will, of course, be effective in lower Tiers.
  • CantWithAU
    158 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    leef wrote: »
    I'm considering the roll back the first delay, now that it won't happen in may (in wich they said the raid rewards rework would happen) it's delayed for the 2nd time.
    That would be fair. The initial roll-out was its original due date, so the roll-back was the first delay to that date.

They really need to hire a planner & some service management people, as their release schedule & actual delivery is a disgrace.

Why the kitten have they rolled out the ship change, when the format that is supposed to herald the new change is now delayed until June? Why not postpone the ships until, you know, maybe when ships are actually ready?
    Given that this is their MO, it's of no surprise that the Raid reward rework is delayed again.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Did they say it would definitely happen this month?
  • Options
    Yeah, they said May but things don't always go as planned. I'll be happy if it hits in June.

Hey, @PeteSolo, it has been a bit since you posted this. How is your finish looking now? 16th is good, TBH. As long as you are top 20 you will get good loot MOST of the time. I may have gotten my best haul in my worst finish (a full G12 and two G11 pieces for a 30th or so finish, IIRC).
    locodiel wrote: »
    Yes, it is. And as always this great set of information was not provided by CG. Many thanks again to the guys who put in time and effort!

Why would CG put that document out? There is zero motivation for them to do so, and I can not think of a single, logical business related reason to do so. Did EA or whomever made the games you play (on Xbox or Playstation or whatever) also give a free walkthrough out when you picked up games in the past? I don't know if the 3rd parties even make the walkthrough books anymore.

Point being, CG isn't, nor should they be, in the business of just giving us the info to beat the game that they invest so much time, effort and money into making a challenge in the first place.
  • Options
    Why would CG put that document out? There is zero motivation for them to do so, and I can not think of a single, logical business related reason to do so. Did EA or whomever made the games you play (on Xbox or Playstation or whatever) also give a free walkthrough out when you picked up games in the past? I don't know if the 3rd parties even make the walkthrough books anymore.

Point being, CG isn't, nor should they be, in the business of just giving us the info to beat the game that they invest so much time, effort and money into making a challenge in the first place.
    Well said.
    Stand up, receive your applause, take a bow, or curtsey. :smiley:
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Did they say it would definitely happen this month?

too lazy to find the post, probably not definately, more like a planned for may kinda thing.
  • Cliff_Johnson
    30 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    @TVF @Waqui Thanks for the help guys.

Apologies for the slow response.

I normally do approx 30m in T4.
    I try to have 5 teams set out for each phase and a lot of the revolve around Hermit Yoda.
    Some times I can use him in all 5 battles but not always.

I recently came across that Big JC team but use a slightly different line up..

Hera, F.o.o., Thrawn, J.E. and Hermit Yoda.
    Yoda heals better than JC and also can use masters training just on JE for extra detonators.

I don't have JTR, so unfortunately all those teams are a no.

Also, I'm one of those crazy Ackbar obsessed people.. So there is always an Ackbar team in there too..
    Ackbar, CLS, BB-8, HY and either Raid Han or Assaj depending on the phase.
  • Boozerprompt
    74 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    To help those on heroic, these are the squads I run:
    P1: jRey, BB8, RT, Scav rey, Visas Marr (modded for max offense and zero speed...that’s a theme). Goal is 4mil
    P2: DPS squads.
    -New scoundrels (young han, etc.). Goal so far is 1mil
    -Nute cheese (Nute, leia, acolyte, 2 tanks with fast speed mods). Max crit chance mods on leia, along with offense and crit damage, obviously. Goal 1-1.5mil.
    -KRU FO with zylo and fox (other negligible). Goal 500k.
    -Palp with the Sith buddies and the little buddy. Sion, Vader, Nihilus, and R2 (weirdly). R2 keeps Sion and nihilus safe enough to get their specials off 2-3x. Goal is 800k-1mil
    -Phoenix. Depends on your zetas/mods. I do 100k, others 2.5mil.
    -wampa twompsack: Boba lead, zbarriss, GK, wampa, Sabine. Goal is keep wampa alive...aka 1-2mil.
    P3: Chex mix it up! I use cls, chirrut, death trooper, Jedi anakin (modded for crit chance), and raid han. Han uses the same mods as Visas in p1 (all offense, 0 speed). Tons of RNG here, but since this phase only needs one run, it’s worth restarting a couple/dozen times. Best run for me was 2.6mil, but 1.5-2mil is a solid run. Shame I was drunk and don’t remember what I was doing on my best run...
    P4: NS. zzAV, zMT, zDaka, Talia, and Zombie (geared for zero prot/health, just speed and damage or no mods at all...mine is g9). I use the same Visas/raid Han mods on AV; max offense, and speed isn’t required. The goal is to ramp up asaaj as much as possible, get zombie annihilated without burning the phase special, and survive past enrage a couple times. Copious videos on that squad, but my goal is 4.5mil minimum. Best is 6mil, but couple do more eventually methinks.

Plenty of room for kitchen sink after that, and there are dozens of combos that do 100k in each phase. I just stick to my heavy hitting squads. Been finishing 3rd/top-5 lately, and, in my guild, I’m stoked on that. I game with some impressive people