Amylin Holdo and Rose Tico, Resistance Team?

Prev1
Hello,
I'm currently building up my Resistance Team, I have Finn, Resistance Trooper and Poe at Gear X, and Poe Modded up to 210 Speed.
Now I'm asking myself which two Characters to add to those three.
Currently I'm using Scavenger Rey and Resistance Pilot and I'm bringing up R2D2.
Thank you in advance for your answers.
Sincerely,
werter116

Replies

• Options
    I'm no expert but...I think you'd want -

Finn (l), Resistance Trooper, Resistance Pilot, Rey, R2 and Poe.
  • TVF
    36611 posts Member
    Options

Sounds great but last I checked you could only use five. :p
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

Yeah. Would be good eh lol... :smiley:

You got me, apologies.

Either Poe or R2. Depending on how authentic you want to be.
  • Ploosh
    565 posts Member
    Options

I'm also no expert, but I think for the Finn team you want Finn, Poe, RT, Pilot and Holdo. Then the other 5 give you the classic JTR all resistance team.

Altho, are you looking to make just one team, not two?

If JTR and BB8 are unavailable, then zFinn, Poe, RT, R2, and Holdo are gonna be your best bet. Holdo gives you another AoE to pop those exposes and keep the train a chuggin
  • Random9
    510 posts Member
    Options

Yeah. Would be good eh lol... :smiley:

You got me, apologies.

Either Poe or R2. Depending on how authentic you want to be.

I run zFinn, so I'm kind of an expert. You'll definitely want Poe, he's the engine for the resistance expose train. I'd run BB-8 and R2-D2 in the back slots. If you don't have them scavenger and pilot are the next best option.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    Rose, sadly, isn't very good, and Amilyn is significantly less useful on a Finn team, though on a JTR team, she's great.

Though not best on this particular team, as a long-term investment, I suggest working in BB-8. Finn is a kinda temporary dude, on the way to JTR, and BB-8 is amazing with her.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    Get BB-8, pilot is a easy farm but the trooper is so much better although a harder farm, Holdo is pretty good with her aoe, Rose is a abysmal character that has way too long cooldowns, i was once told i need JTR to fully enjoy Rose which i find incredibly lame that i need a full 7 star FO team, Rey, Finn, and both Vets at 7 to get JTR to be able to enjoy using a horrendously bad character.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    Get BB-8, pilot is a easy farm but the trooper is so much better although a harder farm, Holdo is pretty good with her aoe, Rose is a abysmal character that has way too long cooldowns, i was once told i need JTR to fully enjoy Rose which i find incredibly lame that i need a full 7 star FO team, Rey, Finn, and both Vets at 7 to get JTR to be able to enjoy using a horrendously bad character.
    Interesting. I can see Rose complimenting JTR, but it really doesn't seem like enough to make her work, especially with those stupid long cooldowns. Holdo's AoE under JTR lead is amazing, but Rose just seems like an inferior version of Resistance Trooper under JTR. Maybe spreading Tenacity Up on her basic is useful in this meta, but I'm not even sure who I'd drop for her.

What lineup were you told works with her?
    Still not a he.
  • crzydroid
    7315 posts Moderator
    Options
    I also think Rose would be better on a JTR team maxed out, but I haven't been able to allocate the resources I want to be able to test her.

zFinn needs Finn, Poe, trooper at its core for sure. But for the make up of the other two, what are you using the team for? Tank raid? TW? LSTB? FWIW, I usually run pilot, then for fifth it's who I have available--BB-8 is best, and for tank raid (and TW) I'd say R2 is next best if available, and for LSTB or other situations where the droids aren't available, Scav Rey.
  • TVF
    36611 posts Member
    Options
    Anyone who thinks that Rose's cooldowns are too long under JTR doesn't use JTR. They have the same cooldowns, and when JTR was first released everyone complained that her cooldowns are too long. You don't hear that anymore.

I also don't think that Rose seems too great, but she's there to help you fill two complete Res teams for TB and TW.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    I feel like the best Resistance team would have JTR/Resistance Trooper, with Holdo's AoE multi-critting for at least two exposes to kick off trooper rampage.

On the one hand, that seems like the one way to feed Rose enough turn meter to really get her going. On the other, it seems like she'd just be a worse version of Trooper with a couple okay specials on excessively long cooldowns and some random Tenacity up, but she would require kicking R2 to benefit from the Trooper rampage engine, and that feels off.

I'm not seeing how Rose improves a team.
    Still not a he.
  • TVF
    36611 posts Member
    Options
    How is special special basic special special basic long cooldowns? Do you have JTR? It's the exact same with her.

I'm not saying Rose is as good as JTR, or good at all, I just don't get the cooldown complaint.
  • chionophile
    1097 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    I feel like the best Resistance team would have JTR/Resistance Trooper, with Holdo's AoE multi-critting for at least two exposes to kick off trooper rampage.

On the one hand, that seems like the one way to feed Rose enough turn meter to really get her going. On the other, it seems like she'd just be a worse version of Trooper with a couple okay specials on excessively long cooldowns and some random Tenacity up, but she would require kicking R2 to benefit from the Trooper rampage engine, and that feels off.

I'm not seeing how Rose improves a team.

You don't need Trooper to run RJT. He's more useful on a zFinn led team. Everyone exposes on every attack in a RJT team, so Trooper's biggest utility is made completely redundant. Really, if you want to set up a pair of Resistance teams, your two core teams are RJT/BB-8/R2 and Finn/Poe/RT. Swap the other four as desired. Default should be Holdo & Rose with RJT, and Scav Rey & RP with Finn.
  • Options
    How is special special basic special special basic long cooldowns? Do you have JTR? It's the exact same with her.

I'm not saying Rose is as good as JTR, or good at all, I just don't get the cooldown complaint.

All her specials have a 5 turn cooldown, and they dont go any lower, not only that but her abilities are also just horrible as they dont bring much to the table, people say Rose is good, if thats the case then why do i never see her being used anywhere? Or maybe they are just fanboys/girls of the character that they just dont want to accept that she is lame both in the movie and in the game.
  • Options

All her specials have a 5 turn cooldown, and they dont go any lower, not only that but her abilities are also just horrible as they dont bring much to the table, people say Rose is good, if thats the case then why do i never see her being used anywhere? Or maybe they are just fanboys/girls of the character that they just dont want to accept that she is lame both in the movie and in the game.

Two things: One, yes, her cooldowns are long, but a main feature of Resistance is cooldown reduction. BB-8's Illuminated Destiny is a 70 turn cooldown, but no one is complaining about that. Two, she's not used very much because she only just recently became free-to-play. As soon as I have her at 7* and geared, I'll use her regularly to put together a second Resistance team in both TB and TW. Not every toon needs to be arena capable.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    The qualifier is JTR's lead reduces cooldowns, though I don't like characters being designed assuming that sort of thing; a lead should be a bonus, not a way to reach normalcy. However, it would put her on a three round rotation as long as she can keep hitting that cooldown reduction. I can see how her spreading tenacity up could help better leverage that cooldown reduction as well. I just want to know what team composition makes her work, particularly in the arena.

Now, that said? Rose just hit F2P. Those who didn't pay for her haven't had much opportunity to fiddle with her, and she was initially largely dismissed, so there haven't been a lot of people exploring her capabilities. No one claimed she was an amazing world shaker. Only that she wasn't that bad. Looking at the current meta report, there are two people who have her in their team at number one, and ten in the top 100. Given how new she is, it may be an indicator of relevance.

Also, please don't go throwing around accusations of fanboy/girlism and bile about the movies. No need to yuck any yums or dismiss people's tastes like that. And personally, I like Rose in the movies, and don't appreciate your insinuation that I'm delusional for liking a character that you don't.
    Still not a he.
  • TVF
    36611 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options

All her specials have a 5 turn cooldown, and they dont go any lower.

Under either zJTR lead or zFinn lead, you couldn't be more wrong.
  • Options

All her specials have a 5 turn cooldown, and they dont go any lower.

Under either zJTR lead or zFinn lead, you couldn't be more wrong.

Okay a lot of you guys seem to have a serious thing for Rose, well then tell me what this thing is im dying to know, what does Rose have that absolutely trumps all other potential resistance toons, educate this poor fool.
  • CPace
    151 posts Member
    Options

I agree, that's what I am using but with speed on everyone
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    Okay a lot of you guys seem to have a serious thing for Rose, well then tell me what this thing is im dying to know, what does Rose have that absolutely trumps all other potential resistance toons, educate this poor fool.
    You misread the statement.

You said Rose's cooldowns are 5 and cannot be reduced.

TVF said you're wrong under Finn and JTR leads.

Finn has cooldown reduction on expose damage. JTR has cooldown reduction on special use while not debuffed.
    Still not a he.
  • Options

Finn has cooldown reduction on expose damage. JTR has cooldown reduction on special use while not debuffed.

I meant that compared to other resistance toons, Finns abilities have a cooldown of 3 and 2, Poe has 4, the pilot 3, Rey Scavenger 4 on both, R2 4 on both as well, yes you need omegas but at least it goes down etc.

My question was what does Rose have something that is so good that she outclasses the other options, what makes Rose better than lets say Holdo, or Poe, Finn, Rey etc. A lot of people protest claiming Rose is good, i dont see it, either i am completely blind and dumb or the others have a thing for her that i really dont want to know about.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Dax, you're spoiling for a fight, and you're letting it blind you. TVF was not commenting on how good Rose is. They were commenting on cooldowns only.

This is the only statement TVF has made on how good a toon Rose is in this thread:
    I also don't think that Rose seems too great, but she's there to help you fill two complete Res teams for TB and TW.

Now. The fact that someone might actually like Rose as a character or in game seems to offend you so might be worth reflecting on.
    Post edited by YaeVizsla on
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    Dax, you're spoiling for a fight, and you're letting it blind you. TCF was not commenting on how good Rose is. They were commenting on cooldowns only.

This is the only statement TVF has made on how good a toon Rose is in this thread:

Now. The fact that someone might actually like Rose as a character or in game seems to offend you so might be worth reflecting on.

I am not being offended by it, im just confused why some (Not saying TVF so quit mentioning him/her/whatever) genuinely claim that she is a good character, all i am asking is what exactly do these people find so good about her, im fairly certain you too have found it confusing people like something that you dont and maybe wanted to know more about it.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    Go back and look.

You're the one who's come closest to any claims of her being good, and that's by proxy of a guildmate. I just asked what team composition that guildmate was using to make her work. The rest was musing over how best to make Rose work or how best to split Resistance. There's been ambivalence, curiosity, scorn, but no, "Yes, Rose is a good unit."

At the point where you're picking fights over assertions that aren't there, it may be time to take a breath.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    I think a Finn resistance team absolutely needs Poe, trooper, and R2 or holds. R2 provides an extra stun which is really nice, stealth protects you from pesky counterattackers, whereas holdo has daze which is great for slowing the other team down. Each has an aoe that is vital for getting around pesky auto taunters

The fifth spot is more open. You could run R2 and holdo, or BB-8 or resistance pilot
  • Random9
    510 posts Member
    Options

A lot of people protest claiming Rose is good, i dont see it, either i am completely blind and dumb or the others have a thing for her that i really dont want to know about.

Lol nobody is saying she’s good. EA/CG got so much complaining when they released rose. The only thing said was that the cool down argument is invalid because no one complains about Rey’s cooldowns which is accurate.
  • Options
    I think a Finn resistance team absolutely needs Poe, trooper, and R2 or holds. R2 provides an extra stun which is really nice, stealth protects you from pesky counterattackers, whereas holdo has daze which is great for slowing the other team down. Each has an aoe that is vital for getting around pesky auto taunters

The fifth spot is more open. You could run R2 and holdo, or BB-8 or resistance pilot

Thank you very much for your Answer!
    Sincerely,
    werter116
  • Options

Thank you very much!
    Sincerely,
    werter116
  • XKurareX
    478 posts Member
    Options
    Holdo is great - foresight and bunker buster (daze) rock!

zFinn (L), Poe, Holdo, R2D2, RF and you have a great team which can be good against many other lineups thanks to daze and tm push.

BB8 is great for Rey, but better skip her for Finn in arena - damage is not an issue of a finn tm chain
  • TVF
    36611 posts Member
    Options
    If you're using zFinn in arena you're going to drop like a rock. If not now, then soon.