Darth Vader 4* worth using?

Ctfivefivefive
6 posts Member
edited February 2016
Is darth Vader 4* gear level 8 worth using?
Also what kind of team would he be good with?

Replies

• Options
    Is darth Vader 4* gear level 8 worth using?
    Also what kind of team would he be good with?

He's ok to use if you have a lot of debuffs and using Tarkin as well.

Best to use him in an empire heavy team.. as leader as every empire ally will remove turn meter on hit if his leadership is upgraded enough.... Ideally you want to put him with the Royal Guard as Vader is not particularly fast... Tarkin can help with the turn meter manipulation of the opposing team... and in a way is a weaker version of Phasma..

Combine him with Sidious and/or HK-47.. to put debuffs galore on the opponent... Vader's "culling blade" will become a sweet thing of beauty in terms of damage numbers. Back when I was using him at lvl 40, he was outputting damage with that attack which put the FOTP double tap to shame! HOwever it does require a lot more set up!
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • Options
    His basic is just too weak to compete in arena. Although his Saber Toss ability can hit very hard, especially if you team him up with Sid or anyone else who can add DOTs/debuffs.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    The short answer is.........

If he helps your team yes, if not then no.

Reasoning is, it depends on your stage in the game. When 3*-5* was the best i had he was a monster combined with sidious. Now that i have alot of 7*s, vader is worthless
  • Options
    I say yes. I run phasma, vader, ben, Sid and Lumi and I have a blast with Vader.
  • Options
    Handy if you want a skywalker family team. They should make skywalker synergies !!
  • Prgynt
    56 posts Member
    Options
    I find him useful in GW when I run into high hit point teams, his dot can do a lot of damage if given time. He's good against characters like Ben, as his ability block keeps those debuffs away. That plus his survivability make him decent, unless your team is already full of 7 stars. When I get a tough GW match, like go send in him, phasma, kylo, savage, and fives to bust them up. Since they aren't my a team, can lose 1 or 2, but many will survive.
  • morcsea
    164 posts Member
    Options
    He is great on the Gear challenge & good on the GW.
  • Options
    My Vader 8* rocks
  • Options
    Vader is great when paired with ugnaught. Give it a try