Mods

wpc
posts Member
I have played this game for some time now. But with mods I don’t where I should put what like do I put all tenacity on one player or all defense on another one ect these mods confuse me please help I don’t which mod to put on which characters

Replies

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Not perfect advice, but at least you can find some inspiration here:

http://apps.crouchingrancor.com/Mods/Advisor
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    wpc wrote: »
    I have played this game for some time now. But with mods I don’t where I should put what like do I put all tenacity on one player or all defense on another one ect these mods confuse me please help I don’t which mod to put on which characters
    Pick a character you like, right? Then ask yourself what you want that character to do more of--usually the answer is hit harder, but for some tanks it's live longer, and for almost everyone it's go faster.

If you want them to hit harder, focus on equipping mods that boost their offense, crit chance, and crit damage (which can only be increased with a triangle-shaped mod that has Crit Damage on its primary stat, or with a Crit Damage set bonus).

If you want them to live longer, focus on equipping mods that increase protection or health (I bias towards protection because you get a lot more of it, but you can heal health damage easily, protection damage less-so, so your mileage may vary), defense is good to increase, too, but not as effective for a variety of reasons.

If you want them to go faster, speed, speed, and more speed.

Potency is good for any character that lives or dies by their debuffs and other negative effects (turn meter reduction) sticking. Jyn Erso can do a whole lot of things, for example, but her main use is Stun Baton, so stacking her potency to ensure that thing lands means she's a one trick pony--but it's one HELLUVA trick.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    For now, when you're just starting with mods, focus most on the mod's primary stat. Set bonus is important, but since you control what you farm it's not that hard to ensure you're getting a good set bonus. It's much harder to ensure you're getting a good primary stat. Farm those until you're comofortable with how mods work and you have your main teams covered.

Once you've got the concept, pick one character at a time and just farm exactly what they need. Sell anything they don't need, hold onto anything they don't need but someone else might (ie: You get really lucky and get a speed arrow with the first couple sims, don't sell subsequent speed arrows just because this character already has one!). Hold onto anything that has green (or better) quality and a secondary ability that you like--usually speed. When you level that up, it will almost always improve that secondary ability at least once (depending on quality) and you'll get more of it. This is the secret to farming high speed mods as a free to play player, but it takes patience.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    The above is great advice.

But always make sure you look at the character as a whole.
    NicWester wrote: »
    Potency is good for any character that lives or dies by their debuffs and other negative effects (turn meter reduction) sticking. Jyn Erso can do a whole lot of things, for example, but her main use is Stun Baton, so stacking her potency to ensure that thing lands means she's a one trick pony--but it's one HELLUVA trick.

She gains potency from crits, so depending on where you want to use her, crit chance is actually more helpful.