is this empire team viable?

hello everyone, pretty new player here. so, i'm done farming phonix, and tryin to build an empire squad. my question is, is this comp ok? EP lead, darth vader, royal guard, grand moff tarkin,and grand admiran thrawn.

EP is 7stars, while others are 5*(i should be able to 7* tarkin and royal guard pretty soon).

and here's my box if there's something else i should consider.
https://swgoh.gg/u/soulmax/collection/

i'd appreciate any thought and tips you can give :)

Replies

• Wardai
    252 posts Member
    Options
    Don’t know if you want to copy the team I’m using but I just jumped from #500 to top #200 using ep (lead) Vader thrawn Tfp and tarkin. Mod thrawn with as much speed then on his first turn I tm swap with palp to get stun off. Pretty much the strategy is load up on debuffs for Vader’s culling and keeping the stun train going.

Side note if you use that team against Phoenix, fracture Kanan after palp stun and burn him or your debuffs will keep healing Phoenix and the only way you’ll kill them is waiting for culling blade + the counters hurt against failed palp stuns/tarkin and tfp special
  • Options
    Other than rg it's a pretty solid team. If you need a tank i would go storm over rg if you have him. Or like the last post tfp would work if you di a tankless team. If it doesn't have to be all empire, sion is the best ds tank. He's better at 3 or 4 stars then rg is at 7. He has synergy with palp lead. To make it work best you would want to eventually replace tarkin with nihlas but tarkin is good until you're ready for that.
  • Options
    Get TFP up to speed ASAP and replace RG with him. You want TFP for fleet anyway. Keep chipping away at RG on the hard nodes as your backup Empire character for the next time R2 comes around, but he won't be Arena-viable for very long.

Another option would be to run Boba instead of RG. If you're still fighting a lot of Phoenix teams, he can remove taunt from Chopper or Kanan. If you're starting to fight more Empire teams, his AOE will keep their special abilities from destroying you quickly.
  • XKurareX
    478 posts Member
    Options
    Shoretrooper or Sion should take the spot from the Royal Guard. Tarkin should be replaced later on by Nihilus.
  • Options
    Wardai wrote: »
    Don’t know if you want to copy the team I’m using but I just jumped from #500 to top #200 using ep (lead) Vader thrawn Tfp and tarkin. Mod thrawn with as much speed then on his first turn I tm swap with palp to get stun off. Pretty much the strategy is load up on debuffs for Vader’s culling and keeping the stun train going.

Side note if you use that team against Phoenix, fracture Kanan after palp stun and burn him or your debuffs will keep healing Phoenix and the only way you’ll kill them is waiting for culling blade + the counters hurt against failed palp stuns/tarkin and tfp special

thanks for the tips, really appreciate it :smile:
  • Options
    Other than rg it's a pretty solid team. If you need a tank i would go storm over rg if you have him. Or like the last post tfp would work if you di a tankless team. If it doesn't have to be all empire, sion is the best ds tank. He's better at 3 or 4 stars then rg is at 7. He has synergy with palp lead. To make it work best you would want to eventually replace tarkin with nihlas but tarkin is good until you're ready for that.

thanks mate, i'll farm storm and tfp asap. didn't know rg was that bad :D
    i have sion but he's only 3 stars, and i want an empire team for r2 event next time it comes back
  • Options
    Get TFP up to speed ASAP and replace RG with him. You want TFP for fleet anyway. Keep chipping away at RG on the hard nodes as your backup Empire character for the next time R2 comes around, but he won't be Arena-viable for very long.

Another option would be to run Boba instead of RG. If you're still fighting a lot of Phoenix teams, he can remove taunt from Chopper or Kanan. If you're starting to fight more Empire teams, his AOE will keep their special abilities from destroying you quickly.

thanks man, yeah i'll farm tfp to replace rg, seems like rg is really a bad toon :D
    hmmm, didn't think of boba, i'll try mixing him when my other empire toons got ready
  • Options
    soulmax wrote: »
    ...didn't know rg was that bad...

He isn't.
    ... seems like rg is really a bad toon...

He isn't.

• Options
    Rg isn't bad early on but later when you face teams that hit hard a lot of times rg taunts too late since he taunts when someone drops below 50% health. If they changed it to be 50% protection it would work better. But he definitely needs a rework to be a good arena tank.
  • Options
    hello everyone, pretty new player here...
    Rg isn't bad early on...

:smile:

• TVF
    36620 posts Member
    Options
    XKurareX wrote: »
    Shoretrooper
    hello everyone, pretty new player here.

I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Wardai
    252 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    XKurareX wrote: »
    Shoretrooper
    hello everyone, pretty new player here.

Haven't even mentioned how difficult it is to 3* when you first reach it at 82 :wink:
  • Options
    Wardai wrote: »

Haven't even mentioned how difficult it is to 3* when you first reach it at 82 :wink:

I didn't have any issues there when I unlocked it - granted I used CLS friend and my phoenix had already gotten me 7* Thrawn. Even after 3*, it's still a single hard node farm.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Options
    Shoretrooper is good but a hard farm. I don't have Shoretrooper to 7 stars yet and I've been over 85 for quite awhile. With reaper on the node it's definitely farming but there are a lot of other things to farm that likely take precedence (Gear, other characters needed for heroic events, ect). And for the r2 event it is too long to wait for using him.