Bigd86
3 posts Member
Why isn't 3cpo in the game?

Replies

• ChrisAce
    33 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Because they haven't put him in the game ;)
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options
    It's a game where characters fight. Name one agressive thing he ever did in any movie.

His kit would consist of squealing, and running away like an annoying coward while dealing no damage, and not helping anyone.
  • Options
    Kind of what hermit Yoda does...
  • Options
    Make a Golden God version of C3P0 where he taunts and dodges a lot but never attacks.

Also Slave Leia where she gets an instant kill choked to death by chain attack...
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options

Hermit Yoda still had the ability to do incredible feats through the force. We saw his clone wars self as one of the most powerful light saber duelist in SW history despite barely being able to walk when not using the force to assist him physically.

Just because we didn't see him do that as Hermit Yoda didn't mean he suddenly couldn't at all anymore. And we did see him lift a spaceship with his mind. The basis for his kit is also built around being able to share 800 years of experience training Jedi.

So comparing the two is just silly. C3PO was completely useless in battle, and doesn't belong in this game.
  • Sacull_Kinslayer
    797 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Oh I agree that c3 is useless. I was just musing on the 0 damage and running away... Which hermit Yoda does.
  • PeteSolo
    173 posts Member
    Options
    Why is this post in the forum? Seriously why would 3PO be in a game that's about battling, when did 3PO ever battle anyone? Even Jar Jar would make more sense
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options
    Honestly you could make 3PO a pure support for droids. Definitely shouldn’t be game changing but would be fun.
    One of his skills could be “Tell them the odds”: Target ally gains offense up for 2 turns and regains 5% max protection. Cooldown: 3
  • Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Honestly you could make 3PO a pure support for droids. Definitely shouldn’t be game changing but would be fun.
    One of his skills could be “Tell them the odds”: Target ally gains offense up for 2 turns and regains 5% max protection. Cooldown: 3

Perhaps he could predict the odds of dropping a shard before I waste energy on a node, so I can tell if I'm getting good RNG.
  • Kronen
    306 posts Member
    Options
    His only skills was as a translator and comic relief. At least we saw r2 use some offensive abilities that are incorporated into the game.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options
    Kronen wrote: »
    His only skills was as a translator and comic relief. At least we saw r2 use some offensive abilities that are incorporated into the game.
    Hey, he slapped R2 pretty hard a couple of times, and I think he even kicked him too
  • Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Kronen wrote: »
    Hey, he slapped R2 pretty hard a couple of times, and I think he even kicked him too

He hurt him with his words.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options
    Oh I agree that c3 is useless. I was just musing on the 0 damage and running away... Which hermit Yoda does.

There is a difference between fighting one of the most powerful Sith Lords to ever live to a stalemate, then retreating to preserve your knowledge, because the best hope for the galaxy is to train the next great Jedi, aaaaaand just running away because you have no combat ability whatsoever.
  • Options
    JacenRoe wrote: »

There is a difference between fighting one of the most powerful Sith Lords to ever live to a stalemate, then retreating to preserve your knowledge, because the best hope for the galaxy is to train the next great Jedi, aaaaaand just running away because you have no combat ability whatsoever.

Yoda did damage on purpose. 3PO either tried killing jedi or damaging things on accident. He's the droid Jar Jar. But I have to point out that Yoda retreating to preserve his knowledge was made pointless in The Last Jedi.
  • Vendi1983
    5024 posts Member
    Options
    C3PO

Unique - "Annoying Burden". C3PO falls apart for 3 turns when critically hit. One ally character is stunned for the same duration as they are forced to reassemble him.

Switching sides - Cooldown 3. When "Annoying Burden" is active, there is a 30% chance that C3PO's head is attached to an enemy rendering them stunned for the same duration. If the enemy is a droid, they inflict 2 Damage over Times on all of their allies.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options

Yoda did damage on purpose. 3PO either tried killing jedi or damaging things on accident. He's the droid Jar Jar. But I have to point out that Yoda retreating to preserve his knowledge was made pointless in The Last Jedi.

If everything that Luke ever did as a Jedi was completely pointless, and of no benefit to the galaxy at all then you're right. He taught Luke, and Luke did stuff with what he learned which was still relevant regardless of what happened after that.
  • Options

If everything that Luke ever did as a Jedi was completely pointless, and of no benefit to the galaxy at all then you're right. He taught Luke, and Luke did stuff with what he learned which was still relevant regardless of what happened after that.

Was Luke even a Jedi? I know he said the words, but did he believe the doctrine? I doubt it now.
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options

Ah, The Last Jedi, the first Star Wars movie I haven't purchased. So if Yoda retreated to preserve his knowledge that means he knew Palpatine would have killed him. That's why jedi suck in game.
  • Options
    Monel wrote: »

Ah, The Last Jedi, the first Star Wars movie I haven't purchased. So if Yoda retreated to preserve his knowledge that means he knew Palpatine would have killed him. That's why jedi suck in game.

All that foresight and still they die. But in the Clone Wars, Yoda was brought to a couple places and shown bits and pieces of the future, told he was important, but not given anything specific or more that a basic plan of the force. He was also taught how to become one with the force.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited May 2018
    Options
    It's a game where characters fight. Name one agressive thing he ever did in any movie.

His kit would consist of squealing, and running away like an annoying coward while dealing no damage, and not helping anyone.

This.

He is probably the only main character that did less than porkins.
  • Ephran
    499 posts Member
    Options

Hermit Yoda still had the ability to do incredible feats through the force. We saw his clone wars self as one of the most powerful light saber duelist in SW history despite barely being able to walk when not using the force to assist him physically.

Just because we didn't see him do that as Hermit Yoda didn't mean he suddenly couldn't at all anymore. And we did see him lift a spaceship with his mind. The basis for his kit is also built around being able to share 800 years of experience training Jedi.

So comparing the two is just silly. C3PO was completely useless in battle, and doesn't belong in this game.

The worst BB8 could do was shock Finn. Yet he somehow manages to let his team murder anyone just by telling them a secret. 3PO could easily be a support unit like that. He managed to serve not only the Republic but also the Rebellion AND the Resistance. He's absolutely comparable to Yoda, who can pretty easily be beaten right now.
  • Options
    I could use another non-attacker for my leia sith raid squad, bring him on!
  • Options
    Well minus C3P0 The attack on the deathstar on the forest moon of Endor would have failed. He convinced the ewoks to join the cause. Which made it possible to blow up the shield generator. He also united Luke and R2. In fact C3P0 and R2 are the only characters to appear in 10 movies released and both cannon TV shows. Yes, I know they likely aren't in the Solo movie but are in all the rest. So it could be argued that Star Wars is the tail of two droids and a galaxy. C3P0 may not have been a great warrior (nether were the jawas or Ugnaughts yet we have them.) but he was key to the success of the rebels. He has a place in the game.

Yes he wold be pure support like Hermit Yoda. And no I am not saying he is powerful as him, but he is likely more important to the universe. Weak and cowardly, C3P0 was but he positively was vital in the fate of the galaxy never the less. Beside not every kit needs to be good. In fact many just aren't. He defiantly has a place in this game, as does Jar Jar.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options
    Ephran wrote: »

The worst BB8 could do was shock Finn. Yet he somehow manages to let his team murder anyone just by telling them a secret. 3PO could easily be a support unit like that. He managed to serve not only the Republic but also the Rebellion AND the Resistance. He's absolutely comparable to Yoda, who can pretty easily be beaten right now.

BB8 is silly overpowered too, but he actually did at least attack a few times. In the Last Jedi we see him in the hangar when Kylo blowns it up, and BB8 just shrugs it off. And his secret was the entire basis of the plot for episode 7.

Who C3PO served is irrelevant, because he never served in battle, and never contributed to a fight in any meaningful way. A Stormtrooper shot him once on Cloud City and he burst into pieces.

And (the fact that this game doesn't do him justice not withstanding) if you think Yoda is comparable to C3PO in fighting prowess then reason is lost on you.

• TRanger
    329 posts Member
    Options

He did kick dirt at R2 in new hope when R2 wouldn't follow him and wanted to find Old Ben Kenobi.