What if they remove gear from raids and...

...put them in the stores and increase the amount of coins that drop? Then the 3k+ of gear you will NEVER use, is prevented, you can use coins in a raid shop. To me this is a no brainer, but maybe it's not just that simple. Would it effect balance? Loot stinking is universal to mmorpgs. But, EA could set the standard and lead instead of follow. (An original step taken in an online game? Crazy talk right?)

Thoughts?

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    That does seem to be at least in part what the solution was. So we will just have to wait and see.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    That does seem to be at least in part what the solution was. So we will just have to wait and see.

I have always wondered where online games got the idea that difficulty, disappointment, and carrot chasing are the only method that works. If one studio would stand out in a good way, and not flinch, man.. the gaming world would be at their feet. We are sooooooooooooo sick of grinding out xp, traits, etc.. But they are all scared it seems. They have the ideas but won't be first. It's like an elementary school dance. Boys on one side, and girls on the other, music is playing, and no one is dancing.

• Options
    Yeah, but they can't up the currency by only like 10% - flatten everything else out - and not change the store.

It has to be a meaningful overhaul - the store needs to be a little more reliable, the coins we get have to actually be commensurate with the time spent, and the worth of those coins in terms of getting the gear we need also has to be there. Yeah, I know I 'kind' of said the same thing three times - but CG seems to miss the full picture when they're "fixing" things.

Take this as a poor example - my maths aren't the best - but if just say you have a 50% chance to get a fully crafted item at 1st place, 3 other random amounts of salvage, and currency. Then #1 place needs to, in an all currency system, give half the amount of currency for a full piece (representing the 50% chance), then currency to buy whatever the % chance of the other drops were, then the currency that we'd normally get.

A REAL increase to currency obtained, in a store where we can really apply it, and no increases in gear cost. Then sure - this would be great, they can make this change across all raids.

TL;DR - what's probably going to happen is the same change we ALREADY have but with 15% increase in currency instead of, like, 10%, H.STR will get new gear. Store will stay the same. And people will continue to quit over the STR leaving room for new players who need to pay$$ to get ahead.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Why does the store have to be more reliable? Are you really building up too much currency because you have to wait too long between appearances of specific gear?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH