hello !! how do you think we could beat these?

Prev1
LordInuy
212 posts Member
edited May 2018
hello to everyone, this is our tw fight today

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HxYjFQwzMcF1U5O01rTad3BvIR90yN8b/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Yd4MpRsapanybKj66zjkFRyzmhRShYUG/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gnpQscShgmMVIZrGctRQxktWsNITHee0/view?usp=sharing

I would like to know if you consider this battle balanced. 9 million gp of difference, are 300k on average ... that is, on average each player has 300k gp more than any of ours, how can you consider an equal battle?
Moreover, they are in a higher category of prizes, so in addition to winning easy the prizes win also take prizes more beautiful, those for the category over 120m, we in addition to losing badly take the prizes of the 110m category, you think fair?

playing tw is so frustrating

@cgcarrie
@Kyno
other can i tag?

ps before you asked, we filled 24 slots with territory, so they all participated in 48

Replies

• Lazarus
    14 posts Member
    Options
    Have you considered that maybe not all their guild members are participating?
  • LordInuy
    212 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Lazarus wrote: »

I edited the answer to your question, everyone played....i editited while you wrote, sorry
  • Options
    The guild I’m in has 2 mil more gp than yours and has beaten guilds at 127mil gp before, gp doesn’t mean everything, if your guild has lots of decent meta teams and organisation you can beat much ‘stronger’ guilds, not saying you should win everytime only that there are many other factors to consider apart from GP
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah, the matchmaking is far from balance. 9m difference is still relatively tame compared to what comes up sometimes, just last tw we got a guild at least 30m stronger than us. And argument that not everybody participated doesn't hold water, those who do still have more high-end teams to use. The results of those lopsided matches are always predictable.
  • Options
    there are categories for GP band, I do not see why we should play with guilds of a category stronger than us 11 times out of 12

• LordInuy
    212 posts Member
    Options
    The guild I’m in has 2 mil more gp than yours and has beaten guilds at 127mil gp before, gp doesn’t mean everything, if your guild has lots of decent meta teams and organisation you can beat much ‘stronger’ guilds, not saying you should win everytime only that there are many other factors to consider apart from GP

a stroke of luck can happen to you, the problem that matchmaking is too often like that and after a while one gets tired of having to fight unequal. I've done 6 tw since I'm in this guild and 5 had matchmaking equal to this, one was fair .... weird that is the only one we won.

and then the problem of the prizes remains, it's not fair to take the lowest prizes by playing with different categories ... that is to say, even if we win, we think less of them than they lose ...
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    As always matchmaking is being looked at and they are always working on balancing.

Some factors can be misleading, like GP, as they have said but yes we do see some battles that dont seem to be winnable by strategy. But that is just my view as a player and I have no control over the situation.

It is very difficult for them to make a statement about what a fair match should be for many reasons, one being that there can be many factors and they can't list them all.

There was an ongoing Answers HQ post for a bit about mismatches, maybe we should get another one going to keep this as a hot item on multiple fronts.
  • Options
    Shoot only 9 mil? We're at a 20mil disadvantage and 400k average disadvantage right now. But we're winning ;)
  • LordInuy
    212 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    As always matchmaking is being looked at and they are always working on balancing.

Some factors can be misleading, like GP, as they have said but yes we do see some battles that dont seem to be winnable by strategy. But that is just my view as a player and I have no control over the situation.

It is very difficult for them to make a statement about what a fair match should be for many reasons, one being that there can be many factors and they can't list them all.

There was an ongoing Answers HQ post for a bit about mismatches, maybe we should get another one going to keep this as a hot item on multiple fronts.

hello kyno, I know you're a moderator and not a devs, but I did not know who to tag and I wanted to bring the post to the attention, thanks for your work
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah 9m is nothing. We're facing 10m now and destroying them as we always do. It takes a 30m-40m gap before we start having issues.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • LordInuy
    212 posts Member
    Options
    however, it is not so much to complain, that losing is also there with gp higher. but I find the tw one of the most beautiful parts of the game but lately I'm going to want to play, because when you always start with very high probability of losing at the start becomes frustrating and not a fun ... the challenge there is once, two. ..or however rarely, not always
  • Options
    Shoot only 9 mil? We're at a 20mil disadvantage and 400k average disadvantage right now. But we're winning ;)

oh good, post a screen pls
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Yeah 9m is nothing. We're facing 10m now and destroying them as we always do. It takes a 30m-40m gap before we start having issues.

pls post a screen
  • Kai_Mulai
    683 posts Member
    Options
    The specific teams available and used, mods involved, guild organization and level of activity all go into which guild wins a territory war, in addition to power rating. My guild has consistently faced guilds with more power, and we’re 12-2 in territory wars and winning our current one.

You can’t change the matchmaking algorithm, but you can try different strategies and coordinate with your guild members.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Katun78 wrote: »

pls post a screen

He can't, he got banned xD
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    leef wrote: »

pls post a screen

Just a temp. He will be back.
  • Options
    leef wrote: »

pls post a screen

Just a temp. He will be back.
  • Options
    Please no
  • Stud3099
    601 posts Member
    Options

Are we really at a 20 mil disadvantage right now? 49 vs 69mil? Nice!

The trouble with the rewards is that they aren't equal. Maybe that 69 mil guild doesn't have all participating but if they're in the 60 mil bracket then they get a guaranteed zeta whereas we have to work for ours. Rewards should be based on the higher of the two guilds as this would be the most fair and would at least make good to the guilds who get screwed over in matchmaking.
  • LordInuy
    212 posts Member
    Options
    Stud3099 wrote: »

The trouble with the rewards is that they aren't equal. Maybe that 69 mil guild doesn't have all participating but if they're in the 60 mil bracket then they get a guaranteed zeta whereas we have to work for ours. Rewards should be based on the higher of the two guilds as this would be the most fair and would at least make good to the guilds who get screwed over in matchmaking.

exactly, at least give us the prizes of the upper rank, so the defeat burns less
  • sloths19
    72 posts Member
    Options
    LordInuy wrote: »

I edited the answer to your question, everyone played....i editited while you wrote, sorry

You know for a fact that everyone in their guild joined the event? I find that very hard to believe. Yes, there are discrepancies in GP during matchmaking, but for those people who just search the other guild and say "they're 20 mil GP higher than us!!," that is not always an accurate gauge. GP in matchmaking is based off participation.
  • Options

Wait, double checked it's more like 16mil but still, and they have higher average GP by about 400k
  • LordInuy
    212 posts Member
    Options
    sloths19 wrote: »

You know for a fact that everyone in their guild joined the event? I find that very hard to believe. Yes, there are discrepancies in GP during matchmaking, but for those people who just search the other guild and say "they're 20 mil GP higher than us!!," that is not always an accurate gauge. GP in matchmaking is based off participation.

maybe you do not know that the territories to be filled are determined by the number of participants in the battle, so as I have already written participated in at least 48 since we had to fill 24 slots for territory, if they were 47 we would have to fill 23 slots to territory. so knowing that at least 48 of them have participated and given that there are 48 in all, I think I can say with some confidence that everyone has played.

this does not mean that maybe we are wrong in the tactics of the sides or in the attacks, there is and can be, I never said that we are very strong, but we are 50 active players and these matchmaking are frustrating
  • Options
    sloths19 wrote: »

maybe you do not know that the territories to be filled are determined by the number of participants in the battle, so as I have already written participated in at least 48 since we had to fill 24 slots for territory, if they were 47 we would have to fill 23 slots to territory. so knowing that at least 48 of them have participated and given that there are 48 in all, I think I can say with some confidence that everyone has played.

this does not mean that maybe we are wrong in the tactics of the sides or in the attacks, there is and can be, I never said that we are very strong, but we are 50 active players and these matchmaking are frustrating

This is wrong. We just had 47 of 50 sign up in our Guild and we had to fill 24 teams per territory. Maybe try to get in touch with the opposing Guild via Discord and see what their Active GP really was if you think there is that much of a discrepancy?
  • Options
    Moreover, they are in a higher category of prizes, so in addition to winning easy the prizes win also take prizes more beautiful, those for the category over 120m, we in addition to losing badly take the prizes of the 110m category, you think fair?

This part is confusing to me. I was under the impression that guilds could only be matched if they were in the same "prize tier". If what you're saying is true, then there's a flaw in the match making, but we already know that and CG has admitted and addressing.

Also, and I'm probably in the minority, I don't think an 8% difference in GP is "unfair". It's always frustrating to lose. "I hate losing more than I love winning!" But there's always going to be an underdog in every match, 9 million GP isn't much when you're in the 110 million guild rewards tier.

I'd be interested to know your defense strategy on the table. Do you build walls in different sections? How many ship reserves do you have your players place? The community has always been helpful in theory crafting for TW. It's how our guild improved.
  • jhbuchholz
    1966 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    We are underdogs more often than favorites. I'd put it at about a 2:1 ratio. Or last two TWs we had 6M and 9M GP less than our opponents. We won both and have won 19 total TWs. We've had gaps as large as 20M (a loss, but very competitive) and beaten guilds as much as 17M higher.

From our limited sample we have not observed a distinct advantage coming from simply having a higher GP.

Edit: yes, we are calculating the GP difference from what we know or estimate the participating GP to be.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options

exactly, at least give us the prizes of the upper rank, so the defeat burns less

That's not how it works.... You are competing for the same rewards..... Rewards are based on active GP and not overall GP
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    BubbaFett wrote: »

That's not how it works.... You are competing for the same rewards..... Rewards are based on active GP and not overall GP

I not sure about this case specifically but yes you can have 2 different active GPs that will have 2 guilds competing for different levels of prizes. So they may not be playing for the same rewards
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options

I not sure about this case specifically but yes you can have 2 different active GPs that will have 2 guilds competing for different levels of prizes. So they may not be playing for the same rewards

Really?..... Well that's a sign of a bigger problem right there...
  • Options

Really?..... Well that's a sign of a bigger problem right there...

yeah, that seems problematic. There's probably a variable that I'm not considering here, but I'd think having a system check that requires matched guilds to be competing at equal reward tiers would help resolve a lot of the underlying match making issues.