what are the best teams I can make from these characters?

I'm still trying to figure out which teams I can start to build to take part in events but this is what I have so far:

luminara, vader, consular, tarkin, ackbar, ig-86, phasma, windu, jawa, qui-gon, hk-47, talia, clone wars chewbacca, royal guard, greedo.

I have a few characters that I'm not sure whether to farm up or not so they are currently low level:

geonosian soldier, cassian andor, veteran smuggler han, kylo unmasked, bossk, young han solo, vandor chewie

thanks for the help in advance!

Replies

• YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    I suggest setting up an account on https://swgoh.gg/

It helps us give feedback.

That said, I suggest focusing your farm direction. There are some odd decisions in there. The more useful advice would be on farm path, not teams.
    Still not a he.
  • sharpeytown
    2 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Just set up the account now, thanks for that. I haven't really farmed with any real intent apart from increasing gear level so far.

My account is https://swgoh.gg/u/sharpeytown/
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    So. General advice for all new players that makes things easiest?

First and foremost, farm Phoenix Squad. That is to say, Hera, Ezra, Chopper, Kanan, and Zeb. Sabine is good and worth having long-term, but she's much slower. This will give you a strong defensive Rebel team that is good at galactic war, crews two decent ships that are required for the Chimaera, and can be used for both the Palpatine and Thrawn events.

Second, farm an Empire team. Palpatine and Thrawn are good inclusions here, but until then, use Vader, Grand Moff Tarkin, TIE Fighter Pilot, Stormtrooper, plus one. Magmatrooper is good temporary filler, or you could run Boba Fett, even though he isn't Empire. They are the easiest solid dark side team to get, and can get you R2-D2.

Third, farm Scoundrels. These are needed for periodic heist events. Credit heists give tons of credits, which will pretty much always be scarce once you get up in levels. The three most important scoundrels to build the core of this team are Lando, Stormtrooper Han, and Boba Fett. The other two slots are honestly just filler.

With that, you will have a solid base to build from.

Unfortunately, Luminara is not very good.
    Still not a he.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Need to focus on factions. That is not as true later but early it is. Need goals to be: Finish Galactic War daily, build a fleet for when it opens, finish heists, and get an arena team in top 1000 for now.

Your Jedi are closest. Keep the team you currently have - and add ezra or kanan first. Once you get that team to g8 stop on them for now. Jedi are due for a rework and are not ideal, but they are your closest to clear galactic war, which is very important. Qui Gon or Luminara lead. Qui Gon lead is worth a zeta if you need team to be stronger.

Farm the rest of Phoenix after you have Kanan or Ezra. Need rebels and Phoenix is super useful for many things. While you are lower wait on Sabine but farm the rest. This gets you Thrawn.

On empire take your current guys + magmatrooper because he is an easy farm. Also farm up Tie Pilot but he is a little slower. Need him for fleet. Make Tarkin your highest guy at g10ish for fleet commander. This gets you R2.

Eventually expand to a full First Order team. KRU instead of FO Storm for now. So KRU, FO Executioner, FO Tie Pilot, Officer, and Kylo Ren.This gets you BB8.

Also next rebels after Phoenix should be Farmboy, Storm Han, Leia, and Old Ben. This gets you CLS.

You need to mix in a Scoundrel team somehow without wasted effort. Storm Han, IG88, Greedo, Boba and Zam would be my suggestion. Or sub your Chewie in for one of those. I dont remember if you can use low star characters but if you can Level Bossk as he is great even at 3*. I also personally like Vandor Chewie at 3* so far so he is an option too. This gets you credits and training droids.

If you do those things listed above you will be in good position for the rest of them game.
  • Kai_Mulai
    683 posts Member
    Options
    Events require characters of all the same faction, or a specific list of characters.
    To get Grand Admiral Thrawn, you’ll need Phoenix
    To get Emperor Palpatine, you’ll need Rebels
    To get R2D2, you’ll need Empire
    To get BB-8, you’ll need First Order
    To get Grandmaster Yoda, you’ll need Jedi
    To get Commander Luke Skywalker (CLS), you’ll need specific characters from the original Star Wars movie
    To get Jedi Training Rey (JTR or RJT), you’ll need specific characters from The Force Awakens

Right now, you’re closest to having an Empire team, so if you can farm 5 Empire characters to 7* and gear them up, you can get R2D2. It’s also worth noting that the two most efficient roads to getting characters tend to be Phoenix > Empire > CLS unlock and First Order > JTR unlock. You don’t have to do things in that order, but that will generally get you more powerful characters sooner.
  • Options
    Thanks for the feedback guys. This should definitely keep me busy for a while
  • Options
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    First and foremost, farm Phoenix Squad. That is to say, Hera, Ezra, Chopper, Kanan, and Zeb. Sabine is good and worth having long-term, but she's much slower. This will give you a strong defensive Rebel team that is good at galactic war, crews two decent ships that are required for the Chimaera, and can be used for both the Palpatine and Thrawn events.

Second, farm an Empire team. Palpatine and Thrawn are good inclusions here, but until then, use Vader, Grand Moff Tarkin, TIE Fighter Pilot, Stormtrooper, plus one. Magmatrooper is good temporary filler, or you could run Boba Fett, even though he isn't Empire. They are the easiest solid dark side team to get, and can get you R2-D2.

Third, farm Scoundrels. These are needed for periodic heist events. Credit heists give tons of credits, which will pretty much always be scarce once you get up in levels. The three most important scoundrels to build the core of this team are Lando, Stormtrooper Han, and Boba Fett. The other two slots are honestly just filler.

This. Exactly this.