Need real time knowledge of when somebody is already battling you

Merklynn
47 posts Member
That "somebody is already battling you" message is the most annoying thing in arena. Couple of guys in my shard always number 1 and 2, no matter what I try they lock me down one way or another so I can never get to number 1, drives me insane. Whats worse, I pay 50 crystals straight after a match to try and stop them locking me down and despite doing it immediately I get "somebody is already battling you". How do they manage that so fast, they must have sat there clicking it constantly. Grrrr, since I only really play for arena this is making me want to quit. At least can you (the developers) give us real time data on if were being battled so we don't waste the 50 crystals, a refresh button or something?

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Real time data doesnt really work. The screen only updates when you press a button to request data from the server. Otherwise they would have to have an open connection to anyone on that screen pushing out updates.

Work on your timing, trying to battle and then turn around and lock, is a waste, you leave yourself open too long, from the word victory, until 3 button pushes later you are open. Yes people will sit there and spam for that position, I know I do.
  • Merklynn
    47 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I just don't see anyway of getting there apart from having a team of people together that lock people down, I have heard this is becoming a common thing, cartels controlling positions and if your not in they all just lock you out. If I try and beat either of those guys just before the end then they are always locked down but don't change position. If I hit them with more than 7 minutes left then they will immediately hit me after I finish (even if I pay 50 crystals to go again) and then I am locked out and lose too (we can all finish each other off in about 2 minutes). I just don't see how I can get anywhere. I guess if I got to number 1, then sat there hitting people that hit me immediately but then they would hit me, immediately go again after they win and if I don't manage to win the button press race I would again end up with no where to go.
  • Options
    This is real douchey play.

Do you share a payout?

One option is to just repeatedly hit them enough that it's too much effort to freeze you out and they include you.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299