Jedi Rework - Grand Master Yoda

Continuing on my previous post focusing on Jedi rework. My second post is on Grand Master Yoda, a legendary event character that has fallen way out of the ranks. I know a lot of people are mentioning the Separatists as next in line for a rework, but the likes of the Jedis even outnumbered demolished them. They also have Count Dooku a really powerful character that is being used regularly in the Arena's top 150. Yoda was one of the most powerful and wise characters in the Star Wars universe and being mentioned as THE worst Legendary event characters in many posts is sad. So bellow is a small rework on him, nothing well done but some thoughts on ways he could be improved. A unique move would be the way to go that would improve him and the jedis, since he is the only one without.

• Ataru (Basic)
Deal physical damage to target enemy. If that enemy has more than 50% Health, Yoda gains 40% Turn Meter and Foresight for 2 turns. If enemy has less than 50% Health, remove 10% Turn Meter.

• Masterstroke (Special)
Deal Special damage to all enemies. In addition, for each positive status effect an enemy has, Yoda gains that effect for 3 turns. (Unique status effects can't be copied.) 2 turn cooldown

• Unstoppable Force (Special)
Deal Special damage to target enemy with a 70% chance to remove 70% Turn Meter. If that enemy had less than 100% Health, they are also Stunned for 1 turn. If no Turn Meter is removed, this attack deals 70% more damage. 4 turn cooldown

•  Battle Meditation (Special)
Yoda gains Tenacity Up and Foresight for 2 turns, then grants each ally every non-unique buff he has (excluding Stealth and Taunt) for 2 turns, with a 40% chance to also grant Jedi allies 35% Turn Meter. (Zeta) 4 turn cooldown

• Grand Master's Guidance (Leader)
Jedi allies gain 50% Tenacity, gain 30% Turn Meter whenever they Resist a debuff, and whenever they suffer a debuff they gain Tenacity Up for 2 turn at the end of that turn. (Zeta)

• Telekinetic Prowess (Unique)
Grand Master Yoda Has +35% Speed, and +5 Tenacity stacking till the end of the encounter. Whenever a Jedi ally is Critically Hit, Yoda attacks dealing +25% more damage. Whenever a Jedi ally gains a negative status effect they recover 5% Protection & 5% Health. (Zeta)

Let me know your thoughts.

May the force be with you!

Replies

• Options
    There are some other jedi who should be far more powerful: Anakin, Mace Windu. A complete rework for jedi would be necessary.
  • DarthBugdrops
    133 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    just to say i agree with both posts here. it would be fun to have yoda team :) and we could also use a jedi obi-wan! like pre clone wars, or just not general kenobi.
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I don't think that Dooku was the best comparison. This is the top 1-100 arena rank meta report.

fO23JKH.png
  • Options
    You are right, but i wasn't trying to point the emphasis to that. But to how the jedis need more of a rework than the genosians.

As for the more powerful jedis, i don't have enough knowledge on who is the more powerful but i believe he is right up there with the other characters you mentioned. I hope all the jedis get the rework they deserve and i hope they add some shipe that are well needed. ex. Anakin's, Qui Gon's, Obi's and many other.

Thanks for reading!