Droid heist

Can someone honestly tell me why we have a droid heist at all? Is there anyone who has credits to upgrade characters but not the training droids? You'd be the first person I've ever played this game with to fall into that scenario. Coupled with the fact they are stretching credit heists out to almost 2 weeks, it feels like a slap in the face to the player base.

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Yes, early game/new players need this.

http://www.crouchingrancor.com/credit-heist-history/
    The actual average is 8 days, ya know because actual numbers.

Resource management is the name of the game.
  • Sthenos
    96 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Yes, early game/new players need this.

http://www.crouchingrancor.com/credit-heist-history/
    The actual average is 8 days, ya know because actual numbers.

Resource management is the name of the game.

Agree with Kyno. New players definitely need this
  • Options
    Yes the average is 8 days but the past 2 credit heists went 10 and now 13 days respectively. I've been playing this game about 8 months now and never once had I ever run out of training droids, nor any of the new players in our guild. One of them just started 6 weeks ago with no lack of training droids. How can you have the credits to upgrade a toon but not training droids, I don't see that being possible except for an occasional outlier.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Yes the average is 8 days but the past 2 credit heists went 10 and now 13 days respectively. I've been playing this game about 8 months now

Then you should know that two occurrences is a very small sample size. The overall trend/results is what matters.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Regardless, its flawed logic. Making new players a priority over the current standing player base who have been feeding the money to support the growth of the game is bad business.I'm in a rather average guild and we've been saying for months that the droid heists are total wastes.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    How does providing something extra that does no harm to you make new players a priority?

Many recent changes of late have been more beneficial to long time players. Simming GW was a huge boon for us and did squat for newer players.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Yes the average is 8 days but the past 2 credit heists went 10 and now 13 days respectively. I've been playing this game about 8 months now and never once had I ever run out of training droids, nor any of the new players in our guild. One of them just started 6 weeks ago with no lack of training droids. How can you have the credits to upgrade a toon but not training droids, I don't see that being possible except for an occasional outlier.

Everything in this game is on a long timeline, all that really matter is the averages and how you manage your resources. 2 our of how many?? Yes it happens but that is by no means a trend or the usual.

Sure, you can see 50 "new players" out of how many? It may be more likely than you realize. Not everyone manages things that well in the early stages and they want people to have the resources to be smart about development, but the numbers they give out early on (and only if you develop BH) are not going to work for everyone.

• Options
    Droid heists aren't doing me any harm. But its not doing me any good either, along with any other player who has been playing this game for more than a few months. Point is, they could be doing something in place of droid heists that benefit both long standing players as well as helping the new players. It doesn't take very long for the game to become somewhat stagnant and thats the easiest way to run players off. Not sure why this is breaking news. We already get a droid challenge 3x per week, its not like new players are totally lost without the droid heist. If lack of training droids is slowing your progression you have bigger issues at hand.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    There are many events, aimed at many players and player types.

Droid heists are aimed more at relatively new players, but the top tier includes a little gear useful to older players. However, other events are specifically targeted at older players, like the bounty hunter event, assault battles, heroes' journeys, and mythic events.

You're laser focusing on one of the few events that is more useful to new players than old, ignoring the bigger picture.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    Droid heists aren't doing me any harm. But its not doing me any good either, along with any other player who has been playing this game for more than a few months. Point is, they could be doing something in place of droid heists that benefit both long standing players as well as helping the new players. It doesn't take very long for the game to become somewhat stagnant and thats the easiest way to run players off. Not sure why this is breaking news. We already get a droid challenge 3x per week, its not like new players are totally lost without the droid heist. If lack of training droids is slowing your progression you have bigger issues at hand.

I'm not sure what you're getting at. If they eliminate the droid heist, it's not like they're going to increase the number of credit heists. Plus, you occasionally get hyposyringes from the droid heist! If you don't need them, don't do the event. What would you suggest they do in its place? With all the new content we have an event every day.

It's always surprising to me how good newer players have it. I started over 2 years ago and used to run out of droids on the reg.

Yes, I'm flush with training droids. No, I don't have a problem with this event.
  • Options
    The thing that bugs me about Training droids is that the ratio between credit value and xp gain is identical for a 1* droid vs a 6* droid (7.9 credits per xp point, I think. Its been a bit since I did the actual math). So having higher level droids don't actually helps.

And since credits are, for the vast majority of the game, the major restrictive element for leveling characters... Training droids always felt like a "filler" resource, just so they could add in something else to farm.

I understand having ability mats and credits every other day in daily challenges would wind up being excessive, and gear farming is already a thing, but... the needless resource bit always irked me.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    Oh, hey, year old account and I just ran out of training droids.
    Still not a he.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Really? I am also about a year old and I've never run out.

I don't train that often though.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    I do train often, and right now, I've got a bunch of characters I've been getting up to level 85. Mostly pilots.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    I think the best solution would be to combine the events so you could do 2 tries for either each time it came up. That way those that need training droids could still do that one and people who need credits could do the credit tier. They could control the flow of credits based on how often they run events. It may even make training droids a more scarce resource over time if people exclusively farm credits for awhile.
  • Options
    Do not listen to Kyno the Troll, he just backs everything EA does. We do not need droids we need Credit Heists at LEAST once a week.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    I do train often, and right now, I've got a bunch of characters I've been getting up to level 85. Mostly pilots.

Every pilot I use has been at 85 for a long time now. I train toons I use in TW and STR slowly, so at each credit heist I might take my 5 Jawas up five levels each, my RO toons up five levels each, and two STR toons up a few levels. As a result I have a bunch of toons in the 75-82 range right now. Because I don't rush anything to 85 beyond arena, pilots and HAAT toons, I never run out of droids. Credits are the bottleneck because they're also needed to promote and for mods, which I'm farming nearly full-time now.
  • Rebel_yell
    928 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    The thing that bugs me about Training droids is that the ratio between credit value and xp gain is identical for a 1* droid vs a 6* droid (7.9 credits per xp point, I think. Its been a bit since I did the actual math). So having higher level droids don't actually helps.

And since credits are, for the vast majority of the game, the major restrictive element for leveling characters... Training droids always felt like a "filler" resource, just so they could add in something else to farm.

I understand having ability mats and credits every other day in daily challenges would wind up being excessive, and gear farming is already a thing, but... the needless resource bit always irked me.

True, but I think it's a resource crunch leftover from the legacy days. When they launched there were few ways they could create progress barriers. Hence why long-term players or simply those players with mature rosters have an abundance. Even today early stage players that farmed Scoundrels first are definitely going to have a training droid shortage, so this ensures they don't progress too rapidly. It's necessary for a very short window in the player life cycle and so it bugs me too, but I'm not going to complain about the event or that it's there.
  • Options
    Rebel_yell wrote: »

I'm not sure what you're getting at. If they eliminate the droid heist, it's not like they're going to increase the number of credit heists. Plus, you occasionally get hyposyringes from the droid heist! If you don't need them, don't do the event. What would you suggest they do in its place? With all the new content we have an event every day.

It's always surprising to me how good newer players have it. I started over 2 years ago and used to run out of droids on the reg.

Yes, I'm flush with training droids. No, I don't have a problem with this event.

You're kinda grasping at straws here. I never asked for more credit heists. I didn't say anything at all about replacing droid heists with credit heists. All I said was that there is an entire event dedicated to throw away resources for a LARGE majority of players. Are you going to argue with me that the TAC challenge is perfect the way it is? Replace the droid heists with something else entirely, that benefits both new and old players. I don't know why people are singling out my idea like I want to stick it to the newer crowd and reap benefits for the veteran players.

Why not do a mod heist. What about a fleet credit heist. There are certainly options for replacing the droid heist with something far more beneficial to all parties.
  • Options
    Now you're getting somewhere! You actually recommended alternatives versus just complaining about a single event. I think with the revamp of ships, a ship currency heist that awards ship omegas and currency would be much better suited for gameplay by all.

Because there is a lvl barrier, you'd need to somehow toggle the event to be droid heists and then convert to ship currency heist based on lvl attainment.

The problem people had with your post was its message. Lower level players do need droids as I outlined in my statement. I farmed scoundrels first because I thought they were cool (pre-credit heist). Got lucky, got a ton of credits, ran out of droids quick.

People may respond more favorably if your words weren't dripping with vitriol.

TAC challenge has nothing to do with droid heist.

Have a merry day.
  • Options
    Another alternative that would make people more amiable towards these events is giving better gear. At least half of the time we get gear that is duplicates of gear that mostly unused for daily challenges. E.G., give more stun guns (whole ones would be especially nice).