Is Darth Vader worth the investment long term?

So I'm a level 46 player and I spent my first money on the game by buying the Dark Lord bundle for £19.99, so far I love my Vader, got him lvl 45 gear lvl 7, but long term, is her worth heavily investing in?

Replies

• Options
    Right now, yes. Vader is part of the Sith Meta.
  • Options
    He’s also great for raids if you zeta his leader ability.
  • Options
    Are the Sith a faction I should be considering to farm? The likes of Sion, Sidious, the likes of them characters, of course Nilus and Traya are a ways a way yet for me
  • Mookow23
    79 posts Member
    Options
    Are the Sith a faction I should be considering to farm? The likes of Sion, Sidious, the likes of them characters, of course Nilus and Traya are a ways a way yet for me

I would wait to farm those characters and use my resources to farm the reqs. for the legendary toons first.
  • Options
    Sion is not farmable yet. You can buy him in the shipment for crystals and maybe land some shards in packs. He should be soon. Any ideas when?
  • Options
    I'd like to think in the near future, but with him being such a powerful character if modded right and used under the right lead, I can't see him moving to a free to play character any time soon.
  • Aluxtu
    420 posts Member
    Options
    They all move to free to play characters relatively quickly.
  • Options
    Vader is a pilot with one of the best ships (that might all change in a couple of days) and toon strength massively impacts ship strength (that also might all change in a couple of days). He's a part of most early Empire teams, which are needed for R2. He was my workhorse early on in GW, and he + EP helped me hurdle over the bajillion Phoenix teams in early arena days. Even if the meta shifts before you're thinking about Sion and Traya, Vader is a great early to mid-game toon.
  • Mr_Sausage
    1869 posts Member
    Options
    Short answer. Yes.
  • Darthpedro
    1175 posts Member
    Options
    Long answer: Yes.
  • Options

a long way off for you, and everyone that started around the same time as you. I'd say the EP/Vader meta will show up in your arena shard one day and you'll have a head start on all of them.

Vader is good in a lot of aspects of the game.

Yes.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    Palpatine and vader really work together well for arena.

Empure would probably be a better investment for you than sith in the short term.

Tarkin tfp will be two keys to your fleet success. Thrawn is the best character in the game imo (not 1vs 1 or anything but most useful in most areas, shades jtr because thrawn has chimaera)

You need 5 empure characters for r2d2.
  • Options
    EP and Vader work well together anywhere you use EP and Vader. It's not restricted to arena.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Yes
  • Options
    You want:
    5 rebels for palpatine legendary event.
    5 empire for r2 legendary event
    5 rebels for thrawn legendary event
    5 scoundrel/bounty hunters for credit heist
    5 rebels (specific ones) for CLS legendary event

Basically... farm your rebels. There are some that overlap. Find those and enjoy your head start.
  • Options
    Empire is a really good investment, they would be able to dominate both Arena and Fleet.
  • Vendi1983
    5024 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    You want:
    5 rebels for palpatine legendary event.
    5 empire for r2 legendary event
    5 rebels for thrawn legendary event
    5 scoundrel/bounty hunters for credit heist
    5 rebels (specific ones) for CLS legendary event

Basically... farm your rebels. There are some that overlap. Find those and enjoy your head start.

No, the key is farm the same 5 specific rebels for either Thrawn or Luke. Either set will then net you the Emperor by default. Unless you want the Emperor to get 7* R2, in that case start with Phoenix, get Thrawn and then Emperor whenever he comes up, then get R2, then farm the rest for Luke.

Wish I had done that from the start. Scrambling now to catch up. Ooooh well. Live and learn.
  • Options
    My problem was, for my first 35-40 levels I wasn't to serious about the game, but from 40 to where I am now I've fell in love and can't stop playing and spending money on refills and gear, dont want to spend money on too many characters yet because a lot are obtainable through farming, but because of me late, I'd farmed the wrong characters, I don't even have pheonix yet, I'm only now getting an in depth knowledge for the game such as character kits, team synergy, etc etc
  • Options
    So considering my level and the fact the only empire characters I have right now are Vader, Tarkin and Royal Guard, who should I be looking for to round off an empire team?
  • EricsonX
    703 posts Member
    Options
    Yes, yes, and YES.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    EricsonX wrote: »
    Yes, yes, and YES.

this, and above.

get the toons for credit heists asap, then this
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    I certainly wouldn't be worrying about being meta when you're Level 46.

But Vader is excellent in many parts of the game. And will be for a long time.
  • Options
    So considering my level and the fact the only empire characters I have right now are Vader, Tarkin and Royal Guard, who should I be looking for to round off an empire team?

Tie fighter pilot as a dual use toon in ships.