New chat system [MERGE]

1235Next

Replies

• Leon4107
    77 posts Member
    Options
    Hey guys, my guild fixed the chat system*
    We made a new channel called guild chat 2.0
    Original chat unfortunately is now donation tab...
    Dont know why that was put in it
  • Options
    Worst chat update in any game I have ever played! You are literally pushing everyone away from your chat.
  • Options
    2 things need to be fixed. 1. Remove the gear requests. Now. 2.i need to be notified when there are new messages in my channels.
  • Options
    Remove the donations from chat please. It makes it hard to use and clutters it up
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    Options
    @CG_SBCrumb @CG_Carrie I definitely think there's a solution to this rapidly developing problem. Decrease the size of the gear donations (significantly), move them to a separate channel, perhaps cut out the gear icons completely, and instead replace it with the text line "Player has requested x gear", then a button that takes you to the gear donation section.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    Just remove the gear request from chat altogether.
  • Options
    They obviously couldn’t care less that no one can stand the update to the chat system/display. Would be nice if someone could come into this thread and just give us a quick explanation as to why it was made this way
  • V3NTR3SS
    43 posts Member
    Options
    9CiM2uZ.png

Besides the obvious of almost everything mentioned here, which I wholeheartedly agree with - how did something like the terrible player name text wrapping/formatting get past QA? You literally - have text, over top of text in the guild chat formatting.

Functionally - it is much much improved - and along with the majority of new QOL and additions to the game - a welcome addition. Thank you for those.

But..

The Professor of Graphic Design and Advertising in me is just cringing. I'm almost tempted to shorten my name in game to alleviate the cringe. Are there any plans to fix the actual UI, even though, it was just released? Heads would have rolled if my team ever OK'd something like this for mass market usage.

Thoughts?

@CG_SBCrumb @CG_Carrie

Former Star Wars Uprising General Multiple SB Winner + Cartel Master Of The Nightsisters // Guild Master Of "Exiles Of Dathomir"
  • Options
    V3NTR3SS wrote: »
    9CiM2uZ.png
    Heads would have rolled if my team ever OK'd something like this for mass market usage.

^ This. On my screen (galaxy), upgrade messages take up 1 row. Chat messages take up 2 rows, gear requests take up 3 or 4 rows. Names wrap and overlap. It's ugly, it's hard to read, and I can't see nearly as much of the conversation we are having. Ugh. This should become a top priority to fix immediately.
  • Options
    Hmm I’ve given chat some more time to try and become accustomed to it. My new conclusion... if cg’s goal was to make me use discord more and in game chat less I’d say they succeeded.

I still have the same complaints bout chat groups..l no way to moderate/control/kick/prevent from joining. = useless in my books

Defaulting to the list of chats when opened really sucks because of the text wrap issues. If it would default to last used or guild chat it may be tolerable.

I hate donations in chat more and more all the time. They take up space that could be interesting text. And I still do 70% of my donations through the good old fashioned menu that worked perfectly fine before and requires less scrolling back or scrolling at all. Not to mention it’s neater interface.

Basically my complaints haven’t changed. They’ve just become more deep seated...
    I hate these new timesinks called Tb/tw. Annoying features.
  • Options
    Pr0t0cl0wn wrote: »
    They obviously couldn’t care less that no one can stand the update to the chat system/display. Would be nice if someone could come into this thread and just give us a quick explanation as to why it was made this way

It must be an improvement somehow.../sarcasm off
    I hate these new timesinks called Tb/tw. Annoying features.
  • Options
    I recently setup a chatroom in ours to display the rules and procedures. It would great if Leaders could edit and/or remove info there if it changes or is no longer valid.
  • ZCD_9915
    356 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    The gear donations ruined it. I really hate this new update

i would love to be able to turn off my speech filter. half the time it censors something that's not actually profane
    Post edited by ZCD_9915 on
  • Options
    this update basically killed all of our guild conversations, the game is less fun because of it

one simple idea... acknowledge you suck at chat, and allow guilds to embed their discord server into the swgoh ui. be great at what you do (star wars) and embed chat from discord

this is the new software model, leverage open source and integrate apps that are the best, instead of diluting yourself by being mediocre at everything...

• Options
    I totally agree. This new chat with this « spam » os awful. That just killed our discutions. That push us to create a new chan, but it’s harder to see new message, so we don’t read. And now there’s no guild discutions cause of it... just ruin our experience, it’s really not fun anymore. I feel alone most of the Time.
  • Options
    If the donation requests are cluttering your chat, maybe you should actually consider contributing to your guildmate? Just a thought..
  • mali3538
    105 posts Member
    Options
    Why guild donation ruind chat? Is it normal to not donate, when you donate it goes away... So try to donate sometimes
  • Obi1_son
    656 posts Member
    Options
    I donate all the time, this update still sucks.
  • Options
    If the donation requests are cluttering your chat, maybe you should actually consider contributing to your guildmate? Just a thought..

I need those stun guns just like everybody else.

Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • Djb
    1 posts Member
    Options
    Looking for an active guild... I’m mostly FTP, adult, and spend most of my time writing dirty humour. Anyone got an opening? Needs to be an active guild though.
  • TVF
    36609 posts Member
    Options
    Djb wrote: »
    Looking for an active guild... I’m mostly FTP, adult, and spend most of my time writing dirty humour. Anyone got an opening? Needs to be an active guild though.

Are you looking for a guild that prioritizes members who bump year-old unrelated threads?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • EA_Rtas
    1141 posts Member
    Options
    Going to close this off as it's been inactive for quite some time.
This discussion has been closed.