Raid Reward differences between Tiers affecting Player Balance

My guild is currently farming Tier 5 of the Sith Raid. I know many times that people have complained about the fact that guilds are dying due to new raids and such. I want to point out another issue with the reward system between raids.

Myself and others have chosen to remain in guilds that are in the 90 million GP range in order to help friends and family that joined the game much later than us. We know it will take several months to get in range of completing the Sith Raid at Tier 7 but we honestly just want to help.

The amount of effort to farm T5-T6 Sith Raids I would argue is more for guilds in our range than in guilds in higher GP brackets. I am attacking 5 times a day for 4-5 days to beat a raid while also trying to make sure the runs are max value added. The rewards for beating T7 and T5/T6 should be Traya shards and a little more. However, all I see are posts of complete G12 pieces being handed out to people who are mid range in compensation for T7. Why can't at least the top players in a T5/T6 raid get compensated like this as well?

Many of us are doing CG a solid by trying to develop players who will in turn pay money and help grow the game. We are falling behind the curve in the mean time.

Replies

• TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    I agree that lower tiers should be getting better rewards. I'm in T4 guild myself. And yet I disagree that we should be getting shards. That's exclusive to Heroic and I have no problem with that.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    I agree that lower tiers should be getting better rewards. I'm in T4 guild myself. And yet I disagree that we should be getting shards. That's exclusive to Heroic and I have no problem with that.

I didn't mean to say we should get shards. I meant to say that shards should be big reward for T7. The gear difference is really causing a problem when it comes to the g12. I would be happy with T7 getting good gear and shards. T6 getting good gear, and under that the top contributors getting good gear. It would help guilds from losing top players and also make players work harder to get to those rewards
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    Options
    They're looking to flatten out the rewards, they already did so once, but rolled it back saying it would be that way eventually.

I wish they had only rolled back the heroic rewards instead of all of them. I'm running t4 in my guild and the lack of even guild event currency for the raid is disheartening.